2000 car limit defeated

• Thread starter fryercar
  • 43 comments
Nepal
Nepal
GTP-Fryercar
Does the 2000 car limit hinder your collecting? I was disappointed when I reached capacity before I collected the cars I wanted. It seemed impossible to have all the cars in every stock color.
You can have more than 2000 cars per account (I have over 7860 cars on one account).

I will give (4th day after PSN is live) any trade-able car to the first person who can explain how I did this.

Last edited:
I will give (4th day after PSN is live) any trade-able car to the first person who can explain how I did this.

What are you asking? Do you not know what you did, or are you just looking to have us guess?

Surely it can't be a case of owning 2000 cars, making a backup, selling them all and buying another 2000, repeating as long as necessary and having all the cars available by loading the desired file before playing?

6000 cars?

I think I'm getting close to 300. But the 300 are cars I wanted, other than the prize cars. When I go into the UCD it looks like I'm seeing duplicates in different colors. I am seeing more and more of the blue check box from already having purchased cars.

Does the 2000 car limit hinder your collecting? I was disappointed when I reached capacity before I collected the cars I wanted. It seemed impossible to have all the cars in every stock color.
You can have more than 2000 cars per account (I have over 6000 cars on one account).

Good grief, I spent enough time and money just grinding to the thousand! The game doesn't help, what with it ejecting you from the UCD every time you make a purchase. What's your methodology for car collecting?

DrTrebor007
Did you move them to ticket form?
No, each car is drivable.
I know what I did, just wonder if I'm the only one who figured this out.
And yes, it's a contest of sorts.
Just another thing to do involving GT5 while PSN is down.

You earned the 20mill Cr limit or near enough??
Backed up save to usb
Bought a shed load of cars on one save, copy to another usb as to not overwrite previous save
then copy back your origanal save, to then continue the process described above? maybe?:)

I note the OP says "on one account" rather than "on one save".

If that's deliberate then I agree with those who have already suggested the multiple-save theory.

Different color of the same model (standard only) don't count toward your 2,000?

Example: Say you have the Mazda MX5 1.8rs (or whatever one of the 20 different Miata official name is), and you have that same car in 10 different colors, but the garage only counts it as 1 car toward your 2,000, since it is a standard.

Different color of the same model (standard only) don't count toward your 2,000?

Example: Say you have the Mazda MX5 1.8rs (or whatever one of the 20 different Miata official name is), and you have that same car in 10 different colors, but the garage only counts it as 1 car toward your 2,000, since it is a standard.

Only 20? you must be kidding. I counted 33 standards in my garage and they were all unique, not just colour changes.

Mitsu 3000GT isn't much better either, there's probably 20+ of them.

DrTrebor007 Active Member Online Now!
You earned the 20mill Cr limit or near enough??
Backed up save to usb
Bought a shed load of cars on one save, copy to another usb as to not overwrite previous save
then copy back your origanal save, to then continue the process described above? maybe?
Pretty close, You are the winner.
What I did.
I have a USB stick for each "garage", I have 5
#1 USA
#2 Europe
#3 Asia A-L
#4 Asia M-Z
#5 Premium and RM's
I may have to get another USB stick for Nissan's

I don't have to log-in under a diff account,
all cars are in my fryercar account and I am able to drive them all.

When I first did this I waited until I had 20,000,000 credits and 2000 cars, then I made a save on 5 different USB sticks.
I then split/sold the cars I didn't need for each "garage".
This gave me 100,000,000 use-able credits on my account (20M per garage).
Now I just load the save/garage I want to drive and have a collection larger than anyone I know of.

Prize goes to the DR, PM me the trade-able car you want.

yellowclone GTP Addict Online Now!

that is incorrect, each car counts.
if you don't believe me, check how many are in your garage, then delete a car you have 2 or more colors of and see what your garage count is.

Pretty close, You are the winner.
What I did.
I have a USB stick for each "garage", I have 5
#1 USA
#2 Europe
#3 Asia A-L
#4 Asia M-Z
#5 Premium and RM's
I may have to get another USB stick for Nissan's

I don't have to log-in under a diff account,
all cars are in my fryercar account and I am able to drive them all.

When I first did this I waited until I had 20,000,000 credits and 2000 cars, then I made a save on 5 different USB sticks.
I then split/sold the cars I didn't need for each "garage".
This gave me 100,000,000 use-able credits on my account (20M per garage).
Now I just load the save/garage I want to drive and have a collection larger than anyone I know of.

YAY!!! :drool: :)

But Greycap answered correctly first :D

His English isn't great but it seemed clear to me;

Greycap
Surely it can't be a case of owning 2000 cars, making a backup, selling them all and buying another 2000, repeating as long as necessary and having all the cars available by loading the desired file before playing?

(I have over 6000 cars on one account).

That's an INSANE amount of cars dood. Ha, like, OCD “gotta catch them all” style. You get props from me for your persistence to get that many. I have maybe 700 standards and that includes maybe 50 duplicates of cars I want to have race /track/stock tunes. I just thought the other day, I have spent more time UCD mining than actually racing! Haha.

WTF!? There is a 2000 car garage limit!?... :banghead:
I was in the process of collecting every car I like in all the available colours just to find this out now... :grumpy:

Yes, but when was the last time you saw the light of day?

lol.gif

Yes, but when was the last time you saw the light of day?

Wondering if you live in your mom's basement too?

Hats off to you for persistence. 👍

It's taken me way to long to get 1057 cars, and still 25 short of the 1031 basic cars in the game.

Latest Posts

Back