Cappuccino Cup Season 2

• Total voters
United States
Indianapolis
BrandonW77
cappcupbanner02lo.jpg

HIGHLIGHTS FROM SEASON 1

*Cappuccino Cup Social Group*

A few polls for the second season of the Cappuccino Cup Racing Series regarding schedule, race length, qualifying format and track selection. Results will be tallied and an official Season 2 thread will be started next week.

Choose 1 of the Qualifying options, 1 of the Schedule options, 1 of the Race Length options and 6 of the Track options.

Other details for the second season of the Capp Cup

Days/Times:
Races will be held 3 nights per week. Drivers are free to compete on one, two or all three nights and their best finish for the week will go towards their points standings. The days/times we will be running are:

Current Schedule: (all times in Eastern Daylight Time, GMT-4)

Tuesday: Room open for practice 30-60 minutes before Qualifying Race.
8:15pm: Qualifying starts. Feature race starts immediately after qualifying.

Friday: Room open for practice 30-60 minutes before Qualifying Race.
10:00pm: Qualifying starts. Feature race starts immediately after qualifying.

Saturday (New Time): Room open for practice 30-60 minutes before Qualifying Race.
3:00pm: Qualifying starts. Feature race starts immediately after qualifying.

Race Restrictions:

- 137hp/590kg/sports soft tires
- Race Start - Fastest first
- Penalties: off
- False Start: off (reduces connection issues, black screens)
- Damage: light
- Grip: real
- Pit Stops: No Mandatory stops
- Race Length: approx. 35-40 minutes
- Boost: no
- Driving Aids: ABS only, all others disabled.
- End of Race Timer: Set to the approx. time of 1 lap for current track.

Purchase all available Tuning Parts. Car will have 133hp, before break-in, with all parts are installed and will max out at 137hp after break-in.

Parts Checklist:

All aftermarket parts are allowed (clutch, flywheel, etc.)
- Chassis Reinforcement (not required)
- Stage 3 Engine Tuning
- ECU Tuning
- Sports Intake Manifold
- Racing Air Filter
- Sports Exhaust Manifold
- Catalytic Converter Sports
- High RPM Turbo Kit
- Adjustable LSD
- Sports Soft Tires

Race restrictions for the room will be set to 138hp/590kg/Sports Soft.

1st - 25
2nd - 22
3rd - 20
4th - 18
5th - 16
6th - 14
7th - 12
8th - 10
9th - 8
10th - 7
11th - 6
12th - 5
13th - 4
14th - 3
15th - 2
16th - 1

1 Bonus Point for Pole Position. (NEW!)

Series Prize Cars:

1st Place: Your choice up to $999,999
2nd Place: Your choice up to $500,000
3rs Place: Your choice up to $250,000

Brandon

Last edited:
There's a couple tracks in that list that scare me, but looks like its gonna be awesome :D

There's a couple tracks in that list that scare me, but looks like its gonna be awesome :D

Which ones? I tried to stay away from tracks we ran this season and went for a mix of short tracks and longer tracks. I also tried to minimize using tracks without a pit lane, but if a custom track is used it will most likely be from Eifel Kart which doesn't have a pit lane so I threw London in there as an option too.

I'm also thinking about running Eiger Short Track in the rain. :mischievous:

Brandon

StigsHero
Which ones? I tried to stay away from tracks we ran this season and went for a mix of short tracks and longer tracks. I also tried to minimize using tracks without a pit lane, but if a custom track is used it will most likely be from Eifel Kart which doesn't have a pit lane so I threw London in there as an option too.

Brandon

Haha, I'm NOT strong on laguna or fuji that's all :P only thing to keep in mind with eiger is that if we lengthen the races at all, we might need to pit....and that pit lane is ridiculous. As far as running in the rain is concerned, I'd say yes to that :)

Haha, I'm NOT strong on laguna or fuji that's all :P only thing to keep in mind with eiger is that if we lengthen the races at all, we might need to pit....and that pit lane is ridiculous. As far as running in the rain is concerned, I'd say yes to that :)

I haven't run the Capp's at Fuji yet but thought it could be interesting. I love Laguna. :)

Yeah, Eiger has the longest pit lane in history! I don't plan on any races having pitstops but if tire wear proves to be extreme at Eiger I would shorten it a bit to eliminate the need for a pit stop.

B

I think if a custom track is used, we should do a test race before the series starts to see if a kart track would work for racing, or if we should use a wider track.

I think if a custom track is used, we should do a test race before the series starts to see if a kart track would work for racing, or if we should use a wider track.

Absolutely. I have 2 tracks in mind that I've made for the Capp's, both around 2 miles in length. The track width is at its max setting but that isn't real wide on Eifel Kart. Luckily these cars are very small and narrow and the few fun races we've done on these types of tracks have worked out well.

Also, if we do a custom track it would be later in the season but I would have the track posted throughout the season so people can have plenty of time to download/practice it. I also thought we could do practice races on the custom track after some of our official races so everyone can get exposed to it. I'll post one of them when I get home tonight so you guys can check it out.

I'd like to get some people together tomorrow night at our normal time (10pm EDT/GMT-4) to run some short races on a few of the tracks listed in the polls as well as the 2 custom tracks I have in mind. Gotta keep that caffeine buzz going. :)

B

Brandon

Watermelonpunch is currently running a series of Spitfire races, one of which is at Eiger short track in the rain. We've experienced issues with the physics of this. Our first race was last night and we set the track to rain (but not fixed). Race was 18 laps in which the rain didn't lift but more importantly, the track acted as if it were dry. If you set the track to rain fixed then that seems to work, however watermelon liked the challenge of a drying track and in practise the sun had come out!

One thing I thought you would have included is a full oval race for the capps. :)

Also, are the race times up for discussion? Saturday 7pm local time is the only time we in the UK could feasibly join in the fun. Tuesday's event starts at 1:15am and Friday's is at 3am local time. 7pm can be awkward. Can I put forward the idea of swapping nights and moving the 7pm uk start time to 9pm uk time (so that would move from 2pm to 4pm).

^If the grip in wet track is set to low, there won't be much of a difference. If it's set to real, you notice it.

I'll bring my track "91" to try out as well ;) Betcha can't guess why it's called 91

Because there's a stable on the back stretch that houses 91 ponies? :)

Watermelonpunch is currently running a series of Spitfire races, one of which is at Eiger short track in the rain. We've experienced issues with the physics of this. Our first race was last night and we set the track to rain (but not fixed). Race was 18 laps in which the rain didn't lift but more importantly, the track acted as if it were dry. If you set the track to rain fixed then that seems to work, however watermelon liked the challenge of a drying track and in practise the sun had come out!

One thing I thought you would have included is a full oval race for the capps. :)

Also, are the race times up for discussion? Saturday 7pm local time is the only time we in the UK could feasibly join in the fun. Tuesday's event starts at 1:15am and Friday's is at 3am local time. 7pm can be awkward. Can I put forward the idea of swapping nights and moving the 7pm uk start time to 9pm uk time (so that would move from 2pm to 4pm).

If we do a "wet race" it will be set to "rain:fixed" so it will stay in the rain. This is something we can practice tomorrow as I haven't run in the rain with the Capp's yet.

I think the ovals are a total blast in these little cars but I don't think they are very good to include in the Championship because they're really more of a crap-shoot than a skillful endeavor. But since we're dropping 2 of the 6 races maybe that would make them a little easier to swallow?

Agreed on the Saturday time slot, I want as many Euro drivers to be able to participate as possible. How about we compromise and shoot for 3 or 3:30pm EDT?

B

Because there's a stable on the back stretch that houses 91 ponies? :)

Love it!

If we do a "wet race" it will be set to "rain:fixed" so it will stay in the rain. This is something we can practice tomorrow as I haven't run in the rain with the Capp's yet.

I've not run one in the rain either. Eiger in the wet with the Spitfire is a bit of a nightmare as the car is tail happy. But there were only five of us. If there were 16 I can imagine you wouldn't be able to see much due to the spray!

I think the ovals are a total blast in these little cars but I don't think they are very good to include in the Championship because they're really more of a crap-shoot than a skillful endeavor. But since we're dropping 2 of the 6 races maybe that would make them a little easier to swallow?

Or have a mid season 'week off', non-points scoring race at an oval?

Agreed on the Saturday time slot, I want as many Euro drivers to be able to participate as possible. How about we compromise and shoot for 3 or 3:30pm EDT?

That would suit me to a tee! Need to put it out there to the other Europeans though.

Can't wait!

Or have a mid season 'week off', non-points scoring race at an oval?

That would suit me to a tee! Need to put it out there to the other Europeans though.

I'll keep the oval suggestion in mind, I do really enjoy them in the Capp's.

I've changed the Saturday time slot to 3pm EDT in the OP, I'll leave it like that unless it becomes an issue. I think that time would work better for a lot of people, especially our Kiwi friends.

B

Ovals!

I have a stellar left hander 3/8 Oval. More egg shaped, but dang it's a blast. Reminds me of a local style track.

Wanted to run older muscle at like 300hp on it. Kinda like a Saturday night at the local oval. Hahaha

Anyway, it took some trial and error to get a decent left hand oval. So if you guys wanna try it. It's in my shared tracks. Oval 3/8 is the name.

I'll keep the oval suggestion in mind, I do really enjoy them in the Capp's.

I've changed the Saturday time slot to 3pm EDT in the OP, I'll leave it like that unless it becomes an issue. I think that time would work better for a lot of people, especially our Kiwi friends.

B

3pm EDT = 8pm UK time. That's perfect for me.

:cheers::bowdown:

Wow...so far it appears that Capp addicts really like Laguna! One of my fav's, and I bet that hairpin will make some awesome photo opp's. Hey B, if the race length poll remains a toss up, maybe consider lengthening only a couple of the races throughout the season. Just a thought.

Mudd
Wow...so far it appears that Capp addicts really like Laguna! One of my fav's, and I bet that hairpin will make some awesome photo opp's. Hey B, if the race length poll remains a toss up, maybe consider lengthening only a couple of the races throughout the season. Just a thought.

👍 I like that, make it more of a range from 25-35 minutes depending on the track.

I kinda tossed around the idea of doing 2 15-20 minute races every night instead of 1 longer race. What I would like to do is pay half points for each race, second race is started in reverse order of the previous race results. That would give everyone a chance to fight up front for a while as well as a chance to fight their way through the pack.......all in one night! Make for a very interesting points race, I'm sure! Reverse grid order always gets such a volatile reaction though so I didn't include it in the poll. :lol:

B

Wow, we've already got a lot of votes in!! Thanks guys! It looks like I should have everything I need to start finalizing the second season details by the end of the weekend at the latest. I'm looking at Tuesday, July 12 as the official start so we should be back racing in our favorite Capp's before too long!

Also, I'm going to have a Capp room open tonight to practice on some of the proposed tracks so if anybody's free come on out to my lounge around our normal opening time of 9pm EDT.

Brandon

Wow, we've already got a lot of votes in!! Thanks guys! It looks like I should have everything I need to start finalizing the second season details by the end of the weekend at the latest. I'm looking at Tuesday, July 12 as the official start so we should be back racing in our favorite Capp's before too long!

Also, I'm going to have a Capp room open tonight to practice on some of the proposed tracks so if anybody's free come on out to my lounge around our normal opening time of 9pm EDT.

Brandon

Dammit. I was afraid of the start date being soon. Just when I go off on hols, so looks like i'll miss the first two Saturday races. :banghead:

Dammit. I was afraid of the start date being soon. Just when I go off on hols, so looks like i'll miss the first two Saturday races. :banghead:

Sorry. I didn't want to have too long of a gap in between the seasons. The first season was somewhat experimental so I'm anxious to get a good structure laid out and get things going. Plus, I'm afraid people might start going into caffeine withdrawls if we wait too long! lol

Planned testing for tonight:

Run practice and a short race on 1-2 of my custom Capp tracks.
Run practice and a short race on Lancer's custom track
Run practice and a short race or two at Eiger (both directions) in the rain.
I'd also like to test the 2-sprint race format, 2 back-to-back races at half distance with second race starting in reverse order of first race results.

My lounge will open around 8:30-9pm EDT and should be open for a few hours, no set schedule just come and go as your time allows. 👍

Brandon

Last edited:
Just a reminder, I'll have a Cappuccino room open around 8:30-9pm EDT. Nothing organized, just for some off-season fun. If anybody that hasn't run with us would like to come check out the Capp's, feel free! I'll have it in an open room so anyone can join and I'll post the room number here. 👍

Room is open for some practice and fun races if anyone wants to get their Capp's out!

1472-6118-4130-9220-9555

Depending on how this works with UK timing and when it starts i'd be interested in joining definitely. It also depends on how busy I am as
i'm starting the final stage of UK school and that contains a lot of work so I may be busy. Either way, you've got a great series and i'd like to participate in it.

Depending on how this works with UK timing and when it starts i'd be interested in joining definitely. It also depends on how busy I am as
i'm starting the final stage of UK school and that contains a lot of work so I may be busy. Either way, you've got a great series and i'd like to participate in it.

We'd love to have you Dan! The Saturday time slot is usually best for the UK drivers, it will be at 3pm EDT this season which should be around 7-9pm for you depending on where you are located. We will be starting up the new season a week from this Tuesday so you have a little over a week to get your Cappy broken-in. You should be at 137hp and 590kg when it's all maxed out and broken-in. I believe you're already on my PSN list so you shouldn't have any problems finding the lounge. 👍

I've added a video of highlights from the first season to the OP. Enjoy!! :sly:

Liked the highlights. I only wished it included the photo for 2nd at Indy. :)

I'll probably be spending the 4th getting a new Capp up tp Cup specs and breaking it in. I only wish I knew the precise colors to get for the Applejack livery that I mentioned about to Pony Stig. It's likely the wheels will be a shade of Apple Red. :)

Back