Roma
G1pp0ne
G1pp0ne
picture.php
800Km LASARTHE LMP1 ENDURANCE
picture.php

FINAL RESULTS:

picture.php

The race will start at 9pm (UK TIME) - 10pm (CET) - 4pm (NEW YORK TIME)
The room will be open one hour before the start.

Only for serious drivers who want to complete the race.
**If you're not going to participate seriously and intend to cut chicanes or disconnect on purpose do not subscribe**

picture.php

The race will be held on the Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 with chicane
with full night and day cycle and weather change (starting sunny).

60 laps (59 laps - 803.93Km - +1 pace lap, total time around 4 hours). Time compression 6. In game race start 16:00

No aids except ABS.

Any Tires.

670 PP MAX.

Light Damage.

No penalties to avoid ghosting.

Real grip.

180sec race finish delay.

No boost.

Room quality: Low.
Chat quality: Off.

Cars list:

Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10
Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05
Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99
Pescarolo Sport Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03
Pescarolo Sport C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05
Pescarolo Sport Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04
BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM Race Car '98

Entries list:

1. gippone PSN gprili - Pescarolo Sport Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04
2. Sephy PSN Sephy71 - Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
3. MindlessRiff PSN MindlessRiff - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10
4. boshuter PSN boshuter - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99
5. s4marsh PSN s4-marsh - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10
6. RONSTA PSN ronstahess - BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
7. Yokumaru PSN GTP_Chia -
8. Calum.McHale PSN Calum_McHale - Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
9. cbcvabch PSN cbcvabch - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10
10. DrifterJoe PSN JoeOfTheFire - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99
11. Scanny_Flick PSN Scanny_Flick - Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
12. posimosh PSN posiloan - Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05 (new host)
13. Mohamu PSN GTP_AndrewG - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99
14. Shark33 PSN Shark33- - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99
15. Peter. PSN pj-gm - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99
16. freshseth83 PSN freshseth83 - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99

Reserves list:

Ghova PSN GTP_Johny - Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06
Blaze_409 PSN Blaze_409 - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to join this beautiful race post your GTPlanet id, PSN id and car choice.
If you have questions please ask them!!

REMEMBER TO CLEAR THE ONLINE CACHE BEFORE ENTER THE PRIVATE LOUNGE

In order to have GT5 working flawlessly on-line besides clear your cache from the in-game options/network menu it's better to open, for the PS3 IP, the following ports on your firewall (from GT5 manual inside the game):

TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658
UDP 5658

and also, if it's possible in your router, to put the PS3 IP in the DMZ function.
This two operations will make possible to have less lag and room connection problems.

SOME INFOS: (EDITED)

-PROBABLY THE RACE WILL BE IN A PUBLIC LOUNGE WITH posiloan AS HOST/SERVER FOR THIS RACE.
-THIS IS A VERY LONG RACE SO PLEASE DON'T TRY TO OVERTAKE SOMEONE TAKING RISKS. THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF TIME TO DO IT.
-AT RACE START WE WILL MAKE A PACE LAP. LEADING CAR WILL PROCEED SLOWLY (around 120/190 kmh - 80/120 mph) AND EVERYBODY WILL KEEP CAREFULLY THEIR POSITIONS UNTIL WE PASSES THE FINISH LINE OF THE FIRST LAP.
-BE PREPARED TO DRIVE INTO THE RAIN, BECAUSE IT'S WEIRD, BUT I TRIED A COUPLE OF TIMES TO UNCHECK THE FIXED WEATHER SITUATION AND AFTER 2 LAPS I GOT ALWAYS RAIN

Last edited:
Sephy PSN Sephy71 - Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03

Either day works for me so whatever the majority want to go with! 👍

I'll join in the Toyota GT-1
I prefer Friday.

With my current job, i have no idea what shifts i have to work, so i might have to cancel right before the race in case i get called to work.

Any reason the '98 Mercedes isn't on the list? It competed in the same class as the Toyota GT-1 as far as i know at least.

I highly recommend anyone to not pick the newer cars (R10 and 908) because they're way down on power about 200hp as far as I can remember compared to the others.

I'll join in the Toyota GT-1
I prefer Friday.

With my current job, i have no idea what shifts i have to work, so i might have to cancel right before the race in case i get called to work.

Any reason the '98 Mercedes isn't on the list? It competed in the same class as the Toyota GT-1 as far as i know at least.

you're in Zentex, hope you can make it 👍

I did not include the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM Race Car '98 because I thought was in Group C car and not LMP1. Can anyone confirm this? :)

I could make it for Friday, and have most of those cars. But 4 hours? Wow, I dunno. Most I've ever done was 1.5hrs. I would defiantly do 2 hours, but i'll consider this.

I'm pretty sure that the Mercedes and the Toyota both competed in the GT1 class, which is also why there exists road going versions of both.

Thanks for the invite :) I'll join in for sure! Don't know which car yet however, will keep you posted on that.

I'm unsure about the CLK tbh, it's definitely not Group C, it competed the same year as the Toyota GT-1 but I don't know if it was the same class or not though, but I know for sure the Nissan R390 Race car was definitely in the same class as the GT-1 that year if you want to include that :)

Thanks a lot Gippone. I wish I could make it but I'm working long hours on both days. I should be available again in August for events. At the moment I'm living a very lonely GT5 life playing when everyone else is sleeping. Best of luck!

I'm pretty sure that the Mercedes and the Toyota both competed in the GT1 class, which is also why there exists road going versions of both.

I think the GT-One was a GT1 car in 1998 but then a LMP car in 1999.

Appreciate the invite gprili :)

Go ahead and enter me. I'll have to try out some cars and see which one I'll drive. I have them all, just need to get some seat time in them.

I've never known about the Race quality thing, what it does. Wouldn't setting it to the highest quality mean better racing?

I've never known about the Race quality thing, what it does. Wouldn't setting it to the highest quality mean better racing?

Setting it to low doesn't affect the actual racing. It will help eliminate any problems with lag.

I could make it for Friday, and have most of those cars. But 4 hours? Wow, I dunno. Most I've ever done was 1.5hrs. I would defiantly do 2 hours, but i'll consider this.

Hope you can make it. I know it's tough, I did a 3h 40 minutes race here in LaSarthe some months ago. But at the end was beautiful and very rewarding complete such a race. This time will be harder because of rain possibility (but exciting :))

The 16th is saturday. So did you mean saturday the 16th or friday the 15th?

Sorry for the mistake I meant friday 15th ;) now it's corrected.

Last edited:
Appreciate the invite gprili :)

Go ahead and enter me. I'll have to try out some cars and see which one I'll drive. I have them all, just need to get some seat time in them.

you're in boshuter, let me know if you prefer friday or monday

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite :) I'll join in for sure! Don't know which car yet however, will keep you posted on that.

I'm unsure about the CLK tbh, it's definitely not Group C, it competed the same year as the Toyota GT-1 but I don't know if it was the same class or not though, but I know for sure the Nissan R390 Race car was definitely in the same class as the GT-1 that year if you want to include that :)

I signed you up MindlessRiff, let me know the car and if you prefer friday or monday.

I added also the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM Race Car '98 to the list. Hope that with the PP limit the performance will be balanced ;)

Count me in for this one please, it will be an epic race.

Not sure on my car yet but will keep you updated

ronsta. psn.ronstahess. sounds great definatly up for it dont mind wich day whatever works for the majority,not sure what car yet will let u know.

Count me in for this one please, it will be an epic race. Not sure on my car yet but will keep you updated

ronsta. psn.ronstahess. sounds great definatly up for it dont mind wich day whatever works for the majority,not sure what car yet will let u know.

signed-up both 👍

Calum.McHale
I hope it rains, love it! Sign me up, not sure what car i'll be using but I can't wait, thanks for hosting I think its a superb idea.

Calum.McHale
I'll take the Speed 8 please

you're in 👍
do you prefer friday 15th? or monday 18th?
now all drivers we have are ok with friday

let me know :)

I think the majority of people is for friday so I'm setting up the race for July 15th :)

we can sleep the next day which is saturday ;) (...for european people :lol:)

ADDED COUNT-DOWN TO RACE START ON THE MAIN PAGE

Last edited:
Back