Logitech G27 issue

• Thread starter Magzire
  • 16 comments
Magzire22
This just happened tonight, while playing GT5 the wheel sometimes doesn't return to its center. Its exactly like having left/right front wheel damage and then wheel is stuck at a angle from its center.

The wheel will either tilt left/right depending what corner I go in. If I take a steep right it be stuck to right and if i shift hard enough to the left it will be stuck on the left.

Anyone have this issue before?:indiff:

All i can suggest is you contact logitech and ask them if they can help

I've yet to have any trouble but i've heard their customer service is second to none 👍

The problem is the optical wheel sensor isn't actually strong enough for the design, it's a cheap part on an expensive wheel. There are some fixes available.

There is a web page on the fix, found it:

http://www.jlvrh.de/G27_UK.htm

I need to do this at some point, but basically even if you could send it back to Logitech, they'd just send you one that still has the same dodgy wheel sensor, go on the Logitech forums and you'll find people who go through a replacement every few months. It's a complete farce.

Edit: I will say, you can sort of avoid the problem if you are the smoothest of smooth drivers, but you should still fix it.

The problem is the optical wheel sensor isn't actually strong enough for the design, it's a cheap part on an expensive wheel. There are some fixes available.

There is a web page on the fix, found it:

http://www.jlvrh.de/G27_UK.htm

I need to do this at some point, but basically even if you could send it back to Logitech, they'd just send you one that still has the same dodgy wheel sensor, go on the Logitech forums and you'll find people who go through a replacement every few months. It's a complete farce.

Edit: I will say, you can sort of avoid the problem if you are the smoothest of smooth drivers, but you should still fix it.

100% completely works!! 👍

I have read this fix on a different site and tried it last night. Bit tricky but took my time and everything went smoothly.

Thanks for the help guys, nearly bought a new wheel just cause two screws came loose:crazy:

Hi guys!

I got the same problem tonight. My G27 is decentralized and now it's not even finishing calibration anymore. It just briefly turn left, and right, and all the lights stays on. Isn't working anymore. Tomorrow I'll try to tight the screws on the motor.

Here is my advice: keep away from the RedBull X2010 on GT5. (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5835194)

I'm afraid of opening the case without breaking it. Its just remove the screws or do I need to pull it off? It's really necessary to remove the wheel, or can I try to fix it just opening the case?

Thanks a lot for any help.

AleX

Guys, it's hard to believe but the G27 is back!!!

I followed this guide: http://www.jlvrh.de/G27_UK.htm, and the screw wasn't that loose, but I tighten it anyway.

G27_17.jpg

Reassembly everything and it just works perfectly, like new!!! I can't believe it!!!

Anyway, I'll keep X2010 just for demo purposes, its license has been banned for my GT5!

Thanks very much everybody!!! My G27 just had come back from the dead!!!

Best,

AleX

Guys, it's hard to believe but the G27 is back!!!

I followed this guide: http://www.jlvrh.de/G27_UK.htm, and the screw wasn't that loose, but I tighten it anyway.

G27_17.jpg

Reassembly everything and it just works perfectly, like new!!! I can't believe it!!!

Anyway, I'll keep X2010 just for demo purposes, its license has been banned for my GT5!

Thanks very much everybody!!! My G27 just had come back from the dead!!!

Best,

AleX

Which screw are you referring to? How do you get to it? Do I have to remove the motors from the silver mounting plate? If so are there any special instructions I have to follow to reconnect the motors to the mounting plate? The instructions are ok but not the best for a step by step on how to tighten the loose screw(s). Thanks in advance.

The screws are under the black cap on one of the motors. Remove the cap carefully by prying on the center of the long side. Then you'll see a small board attached to the black plastic frame. Remove the board and tighten the 2 screws that hold the black fame to the motor. ( also look at the little black wheel, mine was cracked in three place just like pics in link.)

Removing motor from silver plate is easiest and it all goes together without any fuss, just line up the flat, toothed, plastic bump stop plate evenly before mounting complete motor assembly to housing.

I just did this today aswell. This is a 2 year old post btw!

Last edited:
So the screw that loosens is under the cap. Ok thanks. Is there a need to remove the motor(s) from the silver plate? Don't want to if I don't have to.

Yeah I know it's an old post but I really need help. BTW your PSN name looks familiar. I believe I've raced in quite a few street car rooms with you.

Back