Who's coming back for Spec 2.0 and upcoming DLC?

• Thread starter Dravonic
  • 33 comments
Brazil
São Paulo
Dravonic
GT5's launch was disappointing to me because the game was clearly unfinished by then. As a result I played it for about a month, got bored and dropped it. However, I never gave up hope it could improve and here we are now, finally a big update and a wretched DLC. Sad to see PD following in the footsteps of Ubisoft, Activision and EA, but well, we all knew this was going to happen from the moment we first played it.

Anyhow, it looks like the game will finally be finished, so I'm considering playing it again. What about you guys?

Everyone on GTP. Do you think someone that visits this site won't download the update?

It would surprise you the amount of people who use this website who don't play GT5.

Umpteen threads on this subject mate, each with a lot of posts.....

I had a look around and while the are many threads about the 2.0 update and DLC, I've not found one on people giving GT5 another chance because of them.

It would surprise you the amount of people who use this website who don't play GT5.

I had a look around and while the are many threads about the 2.0 update and DLC, I've not found one on people giving GT5 another chance because of them.

Agreed, but the general consensous is one of excitement and many posts do mention people coming back to the game..

Anyhow, it looks like the game will finally be finished, so I'm considering playing it again. What about you guys?

I think it's odd that you dropped gt5 after a month, then label it as 'complete' after this incoming, and quite frankly mediocre update.

II

I think it's odd that you dropped gt5 after a month, then label it as 'complete' after this incoming, and quite frankly mediocre update.

I'm not counting the update alone, but the DLC also, which will apparently have more tracks, cars, etc... I do think the DLC should actually be part of the update but that's another matter entirely.

Admittedly, it's not that much, but it really does address a bunch of beefs I had with it that made the game feel incomplete to me, so with this update and DLC it looks like I'll finally be ready to call the game complete. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.

Same here. Now I start GT5 once a week/2 weeks to do the seasonal events, period.
If the Spec 2.0 and DLC will be good enough I'll play the game a lot more.

* raises hand *

I started A-Speccing like a boss as soon as I got my hands on the game, unfortunately I got bored after some weeks and my only bit of fun is to get a proper car and toss around Eiger or the 'ring in Arcade Mode.

That said, DLC will add definitive new ways of iteratively improving the game. Not to mention that we may get community car packs, like Forza has done with Jalopnik, that alone would show even more interaction with the community.

It's a triple win situation, players get the assets they want, Sony gets the cash and PD gets additional support from both sides to keep on pushing the development.

I guess you can say I'm coming back for Spec 2.0 and DLC mate. :lol:

I´m back and close to cancel my FM4 preorder :dopey:

Yeah Sony/PD it works :sly:

Why would you cancel a pre-order for a completely new game just because of an update that actually on the face of it has very little in terms of new content?

Why would you cancel a pre-order for a completely new game just because of an update that actually on the face of it has very little in terms of new content?
Exactly. If you have an xbox and are a racing maniac why would you cancel your oder? I won't anyway.

I think the people that claim to lose interest in the game don't explore it fully enough, go on open lobbies, learn to drift, maybe join a racing/drift team, just enjoy the online community.

Now I'm in a team I can't play offline because it feels lonely, I need people to play with :nervous:

Exactly. If you have an xbox and are a racing maniac why would you cancel your oder? I won't anyway.

Indeed. I mean people can argue till the cows come home which is better (and they do) but if you're a fan of racing/driving games and have the ability to buy both FM and GT you'd be stupid not to buy them both.

I think the people that claim to lose interest in the game don't explore it fully enough, go on open lobbies, learn to drift, maybe join a racing/drift team, just enjoy the online community.

Now I'm in a team I can't play offline because it feels lonely, I need people to play with :nervous:

Erm, what if we don't like drifting?

Technically, since my PS3 is receiving maintenance since Monday, I have left GT5. I will definitely be back on Tuesday.

Indeed. I mean people can argue till the cows come home which is better (and they do) but if you're a fan of racing/driving games and have the ability to buy both FM and GT you'd be stupid not to buy them both.

Erm, what if we don't like drifting?
Then don't drift, but you missed my point. Join a team (of some sort) and get into the community, it's much more fun racing with friends than sitting there battling AI all the time 👍

There's also those roleplay servers, with road laws and players acting as cops, trying to get around the track as quick as possible with a road legal car without getting caught speeding, sounds dumb but it's fun.

Just saying, you can't judge GT5 by it's offline content, because if that's all it was I would of probably sold it by now.

Then don't drift, but you missed my point. Join a team (of some sort) and get into the community, it's much more fun racing with friends than sitting there battling AI all the time 👍

There's also those roleplay servers, with road laws and players acting as cops, trying to get around the track as quick as possible with a road legal car without getting caught speeding, sounds dumb but it's fun.

Just saying, you can't judge GT5 by it's offline content, because if that's all it was I would of probably sold it by now.

No you're right, that does sound dumb and rather boring. I don't really enjoy online gaming in any game, never really have. I don't have the time/game regularly enough to get into leagues or anything so I'm just left with public games which usually don't go down too well.

So to me the bread and butter of a game is still the single player.

The problem is that in GT5 features are not THAT accessible. I don't really know how to explain it...
As an example if you want to have an online race on a dirt surface there's not an option to help you find that particular lobby. You have to search endlessly.
In the end you get bored and give up.
Another example: you want to make quick adjustments to your car, you can't. You have to STOP the race, tune the car, RESTART the race...and the tires are cold again.
What else....
-Menus are slow.
-You finish a seasonal event, get your reward, quit (obviously), you expect to go back to the seasonal events menu...and no, unexplainably you're in the MAIN GTlife screen and you have select the seasonal events icon again.
-UCD: you want a specific car and it's not there.

Maybe you DON'T give up because you don't care about these things but it's certainly not the same for the players around the globe trying to play GT5.

THINGS.IN.GT5.SHOULD.BE.ACCESSIBLE.
FAST.
EASY.

THEY'RE NOT, for now.

Last edited:
Sad to see PD following in the footsteps of Ubisoft, Activision and EA, but well, we all knew this was going to happen from the moment we first played it.

Im sorry, i think i have read this wrong. Why are you upset about more content? this is nothing like the selling out activision does when they realease DLC less than a month later for 10quid.

PD have released this 1 year after launch, I wouldnt call it sad that PD are producing new content!

In answer to title. yes, yes i have come back because of this new content.

The problem is that in GT5 features are not THAT accessible. I don't really know how to explain it...
As an example if you want to have an online race on a dirt surface there's not an option to help you find that particular lobby. You have to search endlessly.
Another example: you want to make quick adjustments to your car, you can't. You have to STOP the race, tune the car, RESTART the race...and the tires are cold again.
What else....menus are slow...
You finish a seasonal event, you quit (obviously), you expect to go back to the seasonal events menu...and no, unexplainably you're in the MAIN GTlife screen and you have select the seasonal events icon again.

Maybe you DON'T give up because you don't care about these things but it's certainly not the same for the players around the globe trying to play GT5.

THINGS.IN.GT5.SHOULD.BE.ACCESSIBLE.
FAST.
EASY.

THEY'RE NOT, for now.

There's very much something to this. You used to (in some previous GT games) be able to lay out far more options in the pits, etc. Be nice to make changes to aero, quick suspension adjustments, and such, while in the pits - or even lay out your plans BEFORE you pit, with more than a few seconds given to decide. Real races are done this way - drivers are on the radio discussing what they're going to change when they pit in, laying out plans, figuring it out.

PD have released this 1 year after launch, I wouldnt call it sad that PD are producing new content!

Exactly. It's not as if they released it last week, and now want to charge us for "the good stuff". Kaz wanted more time, didn't get it, and has kept working on the game in the meantime. Nearly a year after release, he's still trying to improve it and keep it fresh. Somehow I'm having a hard time being pissed about that. ;)

-UDC: you want a specific car and it's not there.

You should be able to buy any car in the game at any time. This whole rotation thing is absurd, if you can have every car in your garage the UCD should carry all the standards as well.

Plus they should all have zero miles. It makes no sense why all the older premiums are in the new car dealership with zero miles but the same car in standard form has miles.

Exactly. It's not as if they released it last week, and now want to charge us for "the good stuff". Kaz wanted more time, didn't get it, and has kept working on the game in the meantime. Nearly a year after release, he's still trying to improve it and keep it fresh. Somehow I'm having a hard time being pissed about that. ;)

This 👍

will4noobs
Im sorry, i think i have read this wrong. Why are you upset about more content? this is nothing like the selling out activision does when they realease DLC less than a month later for 10quid.

In answer to title. yes, yes i have come back because of this new content.

Err. You would have been back sooner if the content was released sooner then?....

You flip flop alot. Singing praises of GT5, then Forza, now GT5 again? Stop trying to stay on one side, and just enjoy both. Nobody cares if you play one over the other.

Some people thought most of the stuff in this update should have been in GT5to begin with. Even with the update there are things not in the game that are advertised on the box still. You have to understand some people are not as easily won over by an update a year later...obviously released to keep interest when another game is coming out the same day.

I might re-purchase GT5. Depends on what the DLC is, and how well the update goes. Nothing in the Spec 2.0 has me very excited. The one thing I was wanting was a cokpit view, but I am mixed on the way it was done. After I had some time with FM4, I will take another look at GT5 and see the reviews about the update, more news on the DLC, and if its positive, I might pick it up. The only real thing I forsee stopping me is how invloved I get with FM4, Dark Souls, and possibly Skyrim.

@ vaxxtx:
You will have a years with of content in those 3 games easily. Dark Souls is so deep and addicting, if you don't have it yet you will love it. I can't get enough of it right now.

Back