Tsukuba 9hr

Scotland
South West
KAYTEAM73
I have just completed the 9hr Tsukuba enduro in a single session - though I did suspend the race twice to back-up the game-save....just in case!
I had no issue with the pit entry - I ensured I was at 40mph by the yellow pit entry line.
I used the TVR Tamora, new tranny, and beefed up to 598bph. The fastest car on the list (the dreaded black Honda 2000 turbo) was 615bph I think.
Started on Racing mediums (yes I know - shoot me down for using racing tires!) punching in laps of 57-58 secs. All going smoothly for first 20 laps until the black honda 2000, who started last, finally got some clear air and started closing in. By the time he closed in on my tail my tires were shot.

I pitted and elected to use the racing softs (shoot me down again! I didn't want to spend 9hrs and not get gold - but I wanted to fight for it otherwise I would have used my X2010!!:yuck:)
My lap times were in the 55s at the start of each stint and dropping to 58secs by the time the tires were half worn out. So my strategy was to do 20ish laps on the RS's, pit and only take on board 25litres of fuel (once I'd emptied the tank) This meant that I was only in the pits for 25-30 secs.

As the lap times yo-yo'd I eventually secured about 2 minutes breathing space infront of the 2000turbo, but after he pitted, he would start gaining on me - especially in clear air. He was particularly bad at passing back markers.

It needs change of time for sure - driving in midday conditions for 9 hrs is plain wrong. But it was a good race, couldn't quite relax, and any 'offs' hurt.

The Tamora handles pretty well and on the last 2 laps performed some epic drifts!!!!!!:sly: But it doesn't sound like a TVR - absolutely nothing resembling the guts and thunder you'd associate with this gem from Blackpool.

Would I do the Tsukuba 9hr again? Probably not. Good to have got it out of the way. Next and last to do: Nurb 24hr....:ill:

Great stuff. What was your final winning margin?

...and don't worry about the racing tyres. For many people anything above the Nurb 4hr enduro is a once in a lifetime race they'd rather not lose. Feel please with yourself that you didn't cheat it with the X2010/1. Tbh, I'd rather run it with a competitive car and come in second that drive that thing for 9 hours!

Feel please with yourself that you didn't cheat it with the X2010/1. Tbh, I'd rather run it with a competitive car and come in second that drive that thing for 9 hours!

Thanks, me too - its the only car I was so pleased to win, but have not raced in. The Bobs have raced it to death though:)

My winning margin was about 3 laps until I started to try out some drifts - the hardest corner to maintain was the last one on to the start finish straight which is where I went off a time or two! By the time I crossed the line, that black Honda 2000 turbo unlapped another lap.

I did think about using the X2010 in order to build up an hours lead so that I was reducing the racing time, but the idea of racing competitively in a premium with cockpit view was enticing.👍

Back