Tsukuba 9hr | Temporarily stopped

• Thread starter Techy
  • 9 comments
United States
Florida
gtamann123
Hi there! I'll be attempting to finish the Tsukuba 9hr. Wish me luck, and hope I don't die from this race :lol:

Grid:
Sorry, couldn't get the grid :P I do know the fastest car is the Carbon R R34.

My car:
A tuned Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R (Pace). I chose this car 'cause of the flashing lights!

Lap 1-19: I just played cat n' mouse and try to overtake positions 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd. Managed to pick 'em off one by one by late braking, diving into the inside, etc.

Lap 20: Overtook 1st!

Lap 25: Losing a lot of grip in front. Going to pit in a few.

Lap 29: Whoops, pitted wrong.

Last edited:
I do know the fastest car is the Carbon R R34.

I'll bet you it isn't. There are a full 9 cars faster in this event, you should have run into at least a few in the lineup.

GT Paceline seems like a good bet though. I'm willing to do this in an FTO STC, but if I'm looking to beat the S2k Turbo, which I'll be wanting to do with dead certainty, I'll be hard worked if I can only beat a Super GT NSX by 0.2 seconds over a 1000km race in it. I could fit different tyres, but I'm so used to it being so good stock I would never change it...might just take the CT230R to win.

I'll bet you it isn't. There are a full 9 cars faster in this event, you should have run into at least a few in the lineup.

GT Paceline seems like a good bet though. I'm willing to do this in an FTO STC, but if I'm looking to beat the S2k Turbo, which I'll be wanting to do with dead certainty, I'll be hard worked if I can only beat a Super GT NSX by 0.2 seconds over a 1000km race in it. I could fit different tyres, but I'm so used to it being so good stock I would never change it...might just take the CT230R to win.

Well, the Carbon R was first when I started the race and still is when I overtook it.

Well, the Carbon R was first when I started the race and still is when I overtook it.

That's just the positioning and chances are you passed everything first which is why it's still ahead. I'll look for a matching lineup.

EDIT: Think I found it.

1. Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04
2. Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R V.spec N1 base '00 - Should beat it.
3. Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00
4. Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera - Modified up from stock, might beat the Carbonara.
5. Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS
6. Opera Performance 350Z '04
7. (player)
8. Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R '01
9. Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune (R32) '00
10. Nissan Option Stream Z '04
11. RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
12. HKS CT230R '08 - should definitely beat the Carbonara, although it has a weird habit of getting beaten by other cars with less PP you can face

If I have the correct lineup, I'm willing to believe you've picked a rather weak one. The first one is much stronger and of course anything with the S2k Turbo is much more problematic.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to quit the race. I feel too tense to do this race right now, anyway. A bit of a failure of my part but I'm only 30 laps in, which I can replicate easily. But I am coming back.

EDIT: Okay, here's the lineup:

1. Carbon R
  2. Skyline S-Tune
  3. BNR34 Skyline (Premium)
  4. Skyine R-Tune
  5. Stage II R32
  6. Nismo Super Leggera
  7. Me
  8. Amemiya FD3S
  9. Fairlady Z-Tune
  10. FT565
  11. BNR34 Skyline (Standard)
  12. Opera 350Z

Last edited:
Oh, the Premium Mine's and HPA TT are the threats there. Maybe Standard Mine's but I dunno.

Exactly. It's the only thing I'd wanna use that's fast enough.

I did test run with the CT230R, problem I had with it was that it eats tires because of the 4WD.

I tried the Amuse with some upgrades and tuning, very faaast, but required lots of attention to keep on the track.

I ended up using the RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7, the Mazda seemed more docile in the turns.

The problem with Tsukuba 9 hours is that 2/3 of it is spent cornering in an exercise of tedium...
...if you lose concentration for a split second you are off the track...
..so I chose a car that was not so twitchy in turns...

Tsukuba 9 hours will really boost your leveling up.

I used this RKM Motorsports tune on the RE Amemiya RX-7 with the final gear adjusted for Tsukuba, see:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5203500#post5203500

I won by 8 laps, you can see a picture of the results and the grid I got.
I think if you keep reloading the race you will eventually get the same grid.

See picture on page 2 of this thead a little past half way down:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=239466&page=2

Last edited:
Back