W.M.A. Back to Le Mans School

• Thread starter cnd01
  • 25 comments
United States
Sacramento CA
cnd01
Welcome to the Thread

Le Mans School puts different "schools" of cars against each other.

Three distinctly different classes of car will be used. The type of car you use determines what "school" you are in.

OLD SCHOOL

CircuitdelaSarthe2009.jpg

MIDDLE SCHOOL

RoadCourse-Daytona_8.jpg

NEW SCHOOL

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_1.jpg

The car list:
OLD SCHOOL:
Ford Mark IV
Jaguar XJ13
Ferrari 330 P4
Ford GT-40
possibly Chapparel 2d/2j

MEDIUM SCHOOL:
Nissan R92CP
Nissan R89C
Mazda 787B
Peugeot 905
Sauber Mercedes C89
Jaguar XJR-9
MINOLTA Toyota 88-CV

NEW SCHOOL:
Audi R8 Race Car ‘01
Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) ‘05
Audi R10 TDI Race Car ‘06
Bentley Speed 8 Race Car ‘03
BMW V12 LMR Race Car ‘99
Pescarolo Sport Courage C60 – Peugeot Race Car ‘03
Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo C60 Hybride – Judd Race car ‘05
Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo-Courage – Judd GV5 Race Car ‘04
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP – Team Oreca Matmut ‘10
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP – Team Peugeot Total ‘10
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) ‘99

All cars will be run at real life specs. I am currently gathering the information on those now.

Tire Rules/Restrictions
I will implement what is called the "Tire Wheel" This means that each car will be running a different tire each week. For example, week one OLD SCHOOL will get racing soft tires. The next week, they will be on racing medium tires. The third week, they will run racing tires. At week four, OLD SCHOOL will be back on racing soft tires. There will be 12 rounds, so each car will be on each compound for 4 rounds.

Race procedure
I will have the lobby open. It will be open lobby racing. I will host if I can be there that week. Race start time has yet to be determined. Qualifying will last for 10 minutes. After that everyone will go back to the pits. Once everyone gets back to the pits, I will start the race. We will do a standing start. When the GT5 countdown ends and it lets you move the car, that is the start of the race. False start check will be set to ON. I am contemplating a caution policy. Let me know what you think about that.

Room Settings
Mechanical damage: ON
Visible damage: OFF
Tire Wear: ON
Slipstream: WEAK
Grip Reduction: REAL
Driving Aids: OFF (except abs)

Let me know if there is anything you are curious about :)

There will be separate class points as well as overall points.

Points will go as follows.

Class points:

1st-10
2nd-7
3rd-5
4th-3
5th-2
6th-1

Overall points

1st-12
2nd-9
3rd-7
4th-5
5th-4
6th-3
7th-2
8th-1
9th-16th-0

Last edited:
Entry list. Please enter in this fashion.

GTP name/PSN name/school/car/time zone/W.M.A. membership (yes if you are in the W.M.A.; no if you are not)

OLD SCHOOL

1.) jammy21/undecided(Jaguar/Ferrari)
2.) MrMelancholy15/undecided(Jaguar/Ferrari)

MEDIUM SCHOOL

1.) Afrodeezy/Nissan R89C

NEW SCHOOL

1.) FERGT2690/Audi R8

Last edited:
Schedule

1.) W.M.A. 50 @ Daytona RC
daytona_road_course-1.jpg

2.) Bankfin 40 @ Grand Valley Speedway
DSC00003.jpg

3.) Spoon 25 @ Suzuka
suzuka.jpg

4.) General Motors 50 @ Indy Road Course
INDY_usgpmap-600x328.jpg

5.) AlpineStars 60 @ Trial Mountain
TrialMountainRecorrido.png

6.) Mercedes 50 @ Nurb GP/F
512px-Circuit_Nrburgring-2002-GPsvg.png

All-Star race- 3 Segments of 10 laps at Daytona oval.
DaytonaOval.gif

7.) Spa 30 @ Spa Francorchamps
Spa-Francorchamps-Circuit.jpg

8.) Audi 20 @ Circuit De La Sarthe
le-mans-track-layouts.jpg

9.) Polyphony Digital 50 @ Special Stage Route 5
Ssr5.gif

10.) Honda 35 @ Twin Ring Motegi-Road Course
TwinRingMotegi-GPCourse.png

11.) Monte Carlo 40 @ Cote De Azur
500px-Monte_Carlo_Formula_1_track_m.png

12.) BMW 12 @ Nurburgring Nordschleife
Anurburgringmap1.gif

Last edited:
Just letting ya know that running cars at real life spec will result in uneven cars.

Just letting ya know that running cars at real life spec will result in uneven cars.

I know. I am going to modify them a little. I have yet to test all of the cars at real life spec. I know certain ones (R8 01) are quicker than others at real life spec. I will have to test and see which ones need to be cut down.

@Xstyles thanks man. I look forward to seeing you in this series. 👍

Last edited:
I'm interested to join Old School with Jaguar or Ferrari!

I'm interested to join Old School with Jaguar or Ferrari!

This. It goes for me, as well. I have trouble with the new LM cars. They either understeer or oversteer. I'm in for the old Jaguar, unless I can get enough $$ to buy the 330 P4.

P.S., I liked being in the OP photos. We should do W.M.A. photoshoots more often. ;)

This. It goes for me, as well. I have trouble with the new LM cars. They either understeer or oversteer. I'm in for the old Jaguar, unless I can get enough $$ to buy the 330 P4.

Glad to see good old melons in here. Anyone else who wants to join, pre signups are open.

MrMelancholy15/MrMelancholy15/Old school/GMT-5/Yes

Question: the numbers after the Race Name are effectively race distance? If so, how is that measured? Is it measured in the number of laps?

Also, will everyone be in a different car for the All-star race?

MrMelancholy15/MrMelancholy15/Old school/GMT-5/Yes

Question: the numbers after the Race Name are effectively race distance? If so, how is that measured? Is it measured in the number of laps?

Also, will everyone be in a different car for the All-star race?

Those are good questions. The number is the number of laps per race.

The all-star race will have 3 segments 10 laps each. You have to use each school of car in the race. It doesn't matter which order you use the schools, you just have to use each tier.

Those are good questions. The number is the number of laps per race.

The all-star race will have 3 segments 10 laps each. You have to use each school of car in the race. It doesn't matter which order you use the schools, you just have to use each tier.

At the end, is there a way to combine the total times of all drivers, and see about an overall winner, after all 30 laps are complete?

If you save the replay, it tells you the time it took every person to complete the race. Just put the race-end timer to 180 seconds, and save the replays. I'll even help you figure out the maths, and/or check them over, if you'd like. :)

At the end, is there a way to combine the total times of all drivers, and see about an overall winner, after all 30 laps are complete?

If you save the replay, it tells you the time it took every person to complete the race. Just put the race-end timer to 180 seconds, and save the replays. I'll even help you figure out the maths, and/or check them over, if you'd like. :)

That is one way to do it. Another way is to try and get a gap difference. You would start the same gap behind the car when you ended the last race.

Sorry for double post, but I have moved this series to the Racing Series thread.

cnd01
GTP name/PSN name/school/car/time zone/W.M.A. membership (yes if you are in the W.M.A.; no if you are not)

I'd love to join.

Afrodeezy/Afrodeezy7/medium school/Nissan R89C/PST/Yes

Edit- if you do implement a caution policy, I feel as if the only way to really enforce it is with a safety car. If not, people aren't going to slow their pace in whatever sector the caution affects, and that would be too difficult to police/communicate IMO. Safety Car, or may as well have no caution at all.

Edit2- do I have to stick with my "tire wheel" compound if I would rather chose a lesser tire?

For example, let's say I'm supposed to be on mediums. Is it okay to use Hards, or am I required to stick religiously to the assigned tyre compound?

Last edited:
I'd love to join.

Afrodeezy/Afrodeezy7/medium school/Nissan R89C/PST/Yes

Edit- if you do implement a caution policy, I feel as if the only way to really enforce it is with a safety car. If not, people aren't going to slow their pace in whatever sector the caution affects, and that would be too difficult to police/communicate IMO. Safety Car, or may as well have no caution at all.

Edit2- do I have to stick with my "tire wheel" compound if I would rather chose a lesser tire?

For example, let's say I'm supposed to be on mediums. Is it okay to use Hards, or am I required to stick religiously to the assigned tyre compound?

The tire wheel is the ONLY compound you can use. You cannot change compounds.

cnd01
The tire wheel is the ONLY compound you can use. You cannot change compounds.

Fair enough sir. I think this is an awesome series, it brings a lot more to the table then the usual LMP series I've been in, where everyone just abuses the "new school" 1,000+ BHP monsters.

Now I have another question. Since there's an arguable performance difference between classes (mostly the old school having a clear disadvantage in most cases), will it be like Le Mans, where the LMP and GT classes are scored differently, just based on other cars in their respective class, but all cars still race together? Or is everyone being scored the same, and all racing eachother?

Even going by real life performance of these cars, my R89C had 950HP when it competed, whereas a Ferrari 330P4 only had 450HP, so I'm sure you can see that that may not be very fair.

Fair enough sir. I think this is an awesome series, it brings a lot more to the table then the usual LMP series I've been in, where everyone just abuses the "new school" 1,000+ BHP monsters.

Now I have another question. Since there's an arguable performance difference between classes (mostly the old school having a clear disadvantage in most cases), will it be like Le Mans, where the LMP and GT classes are scored differently, just based on other cars in their respective class, but all cars still race together? Or is everyone being scored the same, and all racing eachother?

Even going by real life performance of these cars, my R89C had 950HP when it competed, whereas a Ferrari 330P4 only had 450HP, so I'm sure you can see that that may not be very fair.

Yea each class will have class points in addition to the overall points. It will probably end up being Group C v. LMP, but the Old school might surprise people.

Hi I'm interested, I will be racing with the Ferrari 330P4 or Audi R8, can we change from "school"?

Thanks for the interest 👍 The main reason I called it "Le Mans School" is because it is kind of "back to school time", so I thought it was kind of clever :lol:. You can call it whatever you please :dopey:

Seems pretty cool. I like it. I just have a hard time keeping up with the 2 series I'm in now. When do you plan to run this?

Seems pretty cool. I like it. I just have a hard time keeping up with the 2 series I'm in now. When do you plan to run this?

It will probably end up being stuck on Thursday evenings. That isn't official yet though.

Back