Best color for a C6 Vette?

kingstang5oh

(Banned)
JACKEDRAM1500
playing around with colors for the Z06 and ZR1. Most colors make it look plastic which the Vette basically is lol. Any good colors you guys found that look good on it?

Pictures would be nice too :)

aadil717
For both; Jet Black.

Lol jet black is way to dark it's hard to see the curves and the design. Grey with carbon hood looks amazing. It looks two toned cause its all black top and grey bottom

kingstang5oh
Most colors make it look plastic which the Vette basically is lol.

Only the front and rear bumpers are plastic, like most cars. The rest of the panels are either carbon fiber or fiberglass.

I like the pearlescent or "chameleon" orange color that comes on some of the TVRs... of course those chameleon colors look cool on any car. So, try a light blue metallic or medium or metallic gray color, those might look good on Corvettes.

I painted my ZR1 one of the metallic red dlc colors. It looks really good with black wheels:

1552pl3.jpg

6tp9x3.jpg

I have around 30 ZR-1's :crazy: Many are old Corvette colors from the C2 and C3 years. They look good in most any color(I think).:)

Black looks pretty nice on the ZR1, IMHO:

7992948687_2c5b0144b6_z.jpg

I just think black robs cars of their natural curves and makes them look like little dark blobs on the race track.

I painted my Z06 Nero from the enzo and put black rims on it and it looks sweet until you get it on the track and hardly notice anything but a black spec driving around.

Oops, sorry, didn't see that you said that before. I personally think that black works well on some cars, but not all. The ZR1 looks kind of sinister in black, which fits it's character. If you want to really show off the curves, I recommend a colour shift paint chip, or some sort of metallic paint that changes drastically while in light.

Oops, sorry, didn't see that you said that before. I personally think that black works well on some cars, but not all. The ZR1 looks kind of sinister in black, which fits it's character. If you want to really show off the curves, I recommend a colour shift paint chip, or some sort of metallic paint that changes drastically while in light.

I do agree with you that the ZR1 looks nice in black mainly because it's the only color that can make the car one solid color without the two tone garbage but i guess they have to do anything possible to make it look different then a Z06 lol.

I'm partial to white or red with black painted wheels, gives it a race-trim look especially if you have a carbon fiber hood and aero installed.

Try going for a metallic black and then you'll get much more depth in the paint and should be able to see the curves; I know it won't be as much as other colours but I just love black and really I'm just gonna stick to my suggestion. :P

Back