Golf RM endurance at Nürburgring - Thank you for the race!

• Thread starter eran0004
  • 15 comments
Sweden
Sweden
eran0004
nrburgring24h43.jpg

Thank you all who participated, it was a great race! If you have any feedback, or if you want to do something similar again, perhaps next weekend or some other time, please share it!

Edit: I've made a whole endurance series with the Golf GTI RM, one race per week and every race is 200 km long. See this thread.

The next event can be found here: (click the image)

Last edited:
PSN ID: Petosh
Car number: #2
Car colour: Red

Hoping to more racers to come up...
I add you to my friend list soon.

I'm doing some test laps in the GTI RM now, and what strikes me is that the car sounds like a beast! Especially from the rear, in cockpit view and on replays. A full grid of GTI's must sound like a thunderstorm!

I hope more people are signing up, it's going to be nice I think :)

1. PSN ID: xNikodemusx
2. Car number: #19
3. Car colour: Mustard Yellow

A couple of questions:
Will the race be in your lounge or a public one?
Are tuning prohibited or allowed?

A couple of questions:
Will the race be in your lounge or a public one?
Are tuning prohibited or allowed?

My private lounge is probably the safest bet. So I'll send a friend request to everyone who signs up here.

Tuning is allowed, the restrictions are 220 bhp. Other than that anything is allowed.

Lobby will open in 20 minutes (18.00 GMT), there's still time to join!

Edit: Lobby will open in 15 minutes. There will be one hour or practice and qualifying before the race starts at 19.00 GMT. After 18.00 I won't be able to log on to GTPlanet until after the race, so if you want to join between 18.00 and 19.00 you have to send me a message on PSN.

Last edited:
Great race everyone!

Perhaps 12 laps was a bit too much. 6-8 laps would have been perfect. A few more cars would have been nice as well, it would make the gap to the next car much smaller and kept the race exciting until the end.

Would you be interested in doing something similar again, like next weekend? But 60-80 minutes instead of two hours perhaps? What do you think about the cars, keep them or have something else next time?

It was a bit much, with a grid this size at least.. But the first quarter lap was fantastic ^^ everyone was racing incredibly tight.. i made a couple of mistakes because of my newbieness with ABS 0, but could catch up quickly. But then I hit the inside curb in a tight corner and got thrown in to the wall. engine damage and my race was ruined.

Still chased for the lead after i had my repairs and was gaining some and hoping the guys in front would make mistakes. then i pitted at lap 6 for new tires and after that it went bad.. crashed almost every lap from there to the end so i'm surprised the guy behind me didn't catch up.

I'm interested in more, but i don't think i can make it the weekends to come. so don't count me in.

I missed it, aaaargh. I even had a notification on my phone but not even that helped. I think I might be senile or something...would love to race with you guys, I know for a fact Petosh is fast. ;)

Would you be interested in doing something similar again, like next weekend? But 60-80 minutes instead of two hours perhaps? What do you think about the cars, keep them or have something else next time?

Yes please! My vote would be on the same car, but I'm open for almost anything with four wheels.

Despite the small grid, I enjoyed the challenge, and racing without ABS was great

I made 2 small contacts with the barrier on the first 2 laps which ended any chance of victory, then I had to go for a few minutes, but at least I made the finish :lol:

Last edited:
I think we hit the wall at about the same place on the first lap because right after i crashed i passed you going slowly. ^^

Back