wat3rm370n
Vintage Car Race Club
2-Speed Traffic Event @ Toscana Tarmac

minicadanganlandroverad2.jpg

Schedule:

Saturday 16 March @ 07:00 UTC
3pm US EDT / 12pm US PDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET

Duration: Approximately 90 minutes

(may schedule another opportunity... because this is good skill building đź‘Ť)

Cars:
Mitsubishi MINICA DANGAN ZZ '89
Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04

You will need both cars, swapping them out.

Car Regulations:
Tuning: Prohibited
Comfort Medium Tires
Allowed: oil change, engine rebuild, chassis restoration, wheel rims, & paint
"Tuning Prohibited Explained"

Race Regulations:
All aids off except ABS (driver's choice)
tire wear on (very fast)
damage heavy
slipstream weak
grip real
penalty off
boost off
visible damage off
race end timer set to maximum (3 minutes)

Track:
Tarnished Toaster Road (Toscana tarmac) (2.16 miles)
Time Progression 2 (for sunset near end of event)
tarnishedtoasterroadbywat3rm370n.jpg

Currently available shared on PSN: wat3rm370n

Race Procedure:

Participants expected to arrive at or before scheduled arrival time.

Informal Qualifying:
All racers in Minica Dangan
1 timed lap @ Tarnished Toaster Road (Toscana tarmac)
All drivers to spread out during qualifying.
After finishing 1 timed lap, drivers park off to the side on the main straight & wait for race start.

Race #1:
All racers in Minica Dangan
3 laps @ Tarnished Toaster Road (Toscana tarmac)
Fastest First Grid Order

Race #2:
1st half finishing grid in Land Rover, 2nd half finishing grid in Minica Dangan
15 laps @ Tarnished Toaster Road (Toscana tarmac)
Reverse Grid Order

Race #3:
All racers switch to the other car.
15 laps @ Tarnished Toaster Road (Toscana tarmac)
Reverse Grid Order

No Mandatory Pit Stop
If you cause a hard contact collision, you must not pass the car (whichever car it is), that you hit, until after passing the pit entrance. If the hit car pits, you must pit also.
Also must pit if damage is causing the car to be reckless on the track. (If you can't keep the car within one lane, the damage warrants a pit stop.)

Flat points based upon race participation.
(ie: 8 cars, 1st place gets 8pts, 2nd place gets 7pts, etc.)

Rules:
GTP OLR Rules
  • Please familiarize yourself with these rules prior to the event.
  • You are expected to race clean & fair, and to behave like sporting gentlemen at all times. Dirty driving is absolutely forbidden.
  • All rules & general track etiquette, is to be exercised during any Qualifying Period. "Informal Qualifying" means there will be no roll call, and no one should expect to have the track to themselves while others wait. However, drivers are expected to spread out. There should be no "pressuring" during qualifying as this is NOT racing. Leave a gap during your out-lap from the car ahead of you, so that you do not disrupt the ahead car's timed laps, and will not be accused of taking advantage of someone's slipstream draft. Courtesy should be exercised when you finish your timed laps, to allow others to finish theirs. Park well away from the racing line, preferably in a spot that is significantly apart from the racetrack boundaries.
  • If you cause a contact, you must make contact concessions. ie: no bump-passing
  • Failure to make contact concessions will result in a post-race penalty concession. (ie: you will be placed below that racer in the results)
  • Bump drafting is widely accepted on ovals, and is sometimes used on straights. However, drivers should exercise caution and thoughtful judgement before employing this in technique in regular race tracks. Bear in mind that not all of your fellow racers may be of the same mind when bump drafting is appropriate, and some might find it distracting or unwelcome. It should never be done near a brake point. When in doubt, do without!
  • Caution must be exercised when re-entering the track after an off-road excursion caused by any reason.
  • Carless driving, recklessness, & aggressive risky maneuvers may result in post-race penalties, and will certainly result in your fellow racers being ill tempered. (Recklessness includes maneuvers such as "dive bombing the inside" - for more information on cornering rights, consult the GTP OLR Rules linked above.)
  • Retaliation, "payback", & monkey-see-monkey-do rule flouting will not be tolerated.
  • The in-game penalty system is switched to off to prevent ghosting, with the understanding that GTPlanet racers do not need the in-game penalty system to follow posted track rules. Shorting the track is strictly prohibited, must have 2 wheels on the tarmac (or rumble curbing) - this includes "going wide", off-roading in the grass or dirt, or using tarmac outside the parameters of the track, is forbidden.
  • Harsher post-race penalties are imposed for violations occurring on Turn #1 of any race, because of the fact that races are rarely won on the 1st turn, but sometimes lost there. Patience should be the top priority at Turn #1 of any race. In some cases, special Turn #1 race procedures will be implemented. Always review the "Race Procedures" section of an event description.
  • For a comprehensive look at what is generally considered good track etiquette, check out "The Good Racecraft Guide", for a more detailed explanation of guidelines GTPlanet members have in mind when we say "clean racing".
  • In case of any incident involving a crash or rule violation, please review the replay before drawing conclusions. Note the time and location of the incident. Try dialogue with the other driver first with Private Messaging. You may report the incident via Private Messaging, with details, in a timely manner (ie: soon after the race), if warranted, so an appointed steward &/or the race director may review the incident.
Race Director: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Race Steward: YOU!
All racers are expected to be stewards - of good racing & rule adherence!
Save replays in case you are called upon!

Race will be hosted in the VCRC Lounge,
add PSN: VCRC

Note: This account is just the club lounge account. It will rarely be signed on.
Get the FR in a.s.a.p. to assure acceptance in advance of racing.
In order to check the league lounge, you must click on the coffee cup,
and wait for the room content list to present.
No yellow people icon will show, even when the room is full.

Also please note that all club communication should be done through GTPlanet,
and not directed toward the PSN acct, as nobody checks messages there often, if at all.

Last edited:
Sign-Up Registry:

Saturday 16 March @ 07:00 UTC
3pm US EDT / 12pm US PDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET

1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / pink & green / pink & green
  2. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Beige / Firestorm
  3. aceboy127 / aceboy127 / blue / blue
  4. ZedMan1996 / ZedMan1996 / yellow / silver
  5. MSTER232 / MSTER232 /
  6. doodlemonoply / doodlemonoply /
  7. GTsail290 / GTsail290 / WR Blue Mica / WR Blue Mica
  8. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / California Red / tba
  9. Sonygamer455 / djdman455
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

interested sign-up here
  1. Phouchg / xNikodemusx
  2. jackargent / jackargent
  3. paulmac2k9 / GTP_PaulMac

Last edited:
I do believe I have both these cars. All right you can count me in.

It is hilarious, and completely insane... :D

I think it will be both entertaining and challenging.
There's something rewarding about dodging ridiculous calamity... or something like that. :lol:

And let's face it, these cars just don't get enough play. ha!

I might have a go but how slow is the Kei car? :P

So it's by that logic anti-range rover? :lol: I'm sold then, will see if I have the cars tomorrow :P.

ha ha! Yeah, well, you wouldn't call the Land Rover "low power". :lol:
But I was actually looking more at weight for the contrast issue.
Only the tank car is heavier. There are at least a dozen lighter cars - but we've already raced most of them, or they are either too high powered or too low powered.
I think these 2 are somehow an appropriate pair.
Putting them together with damage on heavy is inherently risky.

Oh, and the important thing was... That my point about the track is that the race will load. :lol:
(If you don't know, go and try some really low cars & try to load them into a hilly track in the Practice area in GTLife. :lol: For example, take the Minica Dangan there, and try loading a race on a track with hills... TIP: Important than you should save your game immediately before hand, because you may wind up having to force-quit. :rolleyes:)

This David vs Goliath race interests me. I should be able to grab a Minica Dangan from the OCD.

What OCD are you seeing? :confused:

I would love to see this car in the OCD... :odd: Oh how I would. :)

Brain fart on my side. :dunce: I thought I saw it in the OCD but it has other Kei cars. I'll need the Minica Dangan as I'm too lazy to cycle through the UCD.

I shouldn't really encourage you, Melon.

However you may add my name to your list.

Audiman, i'll dupe you a car soon..

This is gonna be interesting. They are a bit more than 20 s apart so it's some real speed difference but the range stormer eats more tires.. don't know if we will drive long enough to actually be in need of pit stops except for damage that is.. I expect some rovers at least to get damaged and maybe some little mitsus if they get in the way. ^^

I'd be happy to do a Friday or Saturday at around 7pm GMT.

Trying to drum up some interest in maybe a race this Saturday?? ^^

Who can do Saturday 3pm US EDT / 7pm GMT??

Last edited:
I can do Saturday at 3. I will try to find some other interested parties.

Saturday is a "busy" day at work where no drivers get off and I'm usually on until 11pm.. (Which is the case this Saturday..)

This does look fun but I am very unlikely to be able to race around Noon PDT:(

I can't make this Saturday as the baseball team is having a practice in the afternoon :(

Sounds like it could be awesome Melon, but unfortunately it's way to early for me. Would be 3am here for the race start. :nervous:

Back