Mazda 110S (L10B) '68

(either of these are acceptable)

Car Regulations:
Tuning: Prohibited
Comfort Soft Tires

Allowed: oil change, engine rebuild, chassis restoration, wheel rims, & paint
"Tuning Prohibited Explained"

Race Regulations:
All aids off except ABS (driver's choice)
tire wear on (normal)
damage light
slipstream weak
grip real
penalty off
boost off
visible damage off
race end timer set to maximum (3 minutes)

Race Procedure:

Participants expected to arrive at or before scheduled arrival time.

Informal Qualifying:
2 timed laps @ Motegi West Course (1.39 miles)
All drivers to spread out during qualifying.
After finishing 2 timed laps, drivers park off to the side on the main straight & wait for race start.

Race #1:
7 laps @ Motegi West Course (1.39 miles)
Fastest First Grid Order

Race #2:
15 laps @ Motegi High Speed Ring (1.50 miles)
Reverse Grid Order

Race #3:
10 laps @ Motegi East Course (2.13 miles)
Reverse Grid Order

Race #4:
7 laps @ Motegi Road Course (2.98 miles)
Reverse Grid Order

Flat points based upon race participation.
(ie: 8 cars, 1st place gets 8pts, 2nd place gets 7pts, etc.)

Rules:
GTP OLR Rules
  • Please familiarize yourself with these rules prior to the event.
  • You are expected to race clean & fair, and to behave like sporting gentlemen at all times. Dirty driving is absolutely forbidden.
  • All rules & general track etiquette, is to be exercised during any Qualifying Period. "Informal Qualifying" means there will be no roll call, and no one should expect to have the track to themselves while others wait. However, drivers are expected to spread out. There should be no "pressuring" during qualifying as this is NOT racing. Leave a gap during your out-lap from the car ahead of you, so that you do not disrupt the ahead car's timed laps, and will not be accused of taking advantage of someone's slipstream draft. Courtesy should be exercised when you finish your timed laps, to allow others to finish theirs. Park well away from the racing line, preferably in a spot that is significantly apart from the racetrack boundaries.
  • If you cause a contact, you must make contact concessions. ie: no bump-passing
  • Failure to make contact concessions will result in a post-race penalty concession. (ie: you will be placed below that racer in the results - or be demoted in finish position otherwise accordingly)
  • Bump drafting is widely accepted on ovals, and is sometimes used on straights. However, drivers should exercise caution and thoughtful judgement before employing this in technique in regular race tracks. Bear in mind that not all of your fellow racers may be of the same mind when bump drafting is appropriate, and some might find it distracting or unwelcome. It should never be done near a brake point. When in doubt, do without!
  • Caution must be exercised when re-entering the track after an off-road excursion caused by any reason.
  • Carless driving, recklessness, & aggressive risky maneuvers may result in post-race penalties, and will certainly result in your fellow racers being ill tempered. (Recklessness includes maneuvers such as "dive bombing the inside" - for more information on cornering rights, consult the GTP OLR Rules linked above.)
  • Retaliation, "payback", & monkey-see-monkey-do rule flouting will not be tolerated.
  • The in-game penalty system is switched to off to prevent ghosting, with the understanding that GTPlanet racers do not need the in-game penalty system to follow posted track rules. Shorting the track is strictly prohibited, must have 2 wheels on the tarmac (or rumble curbing) - this includes "going wide", off-roading in the grass or dirt, or using tarmac outside the parameters of the track, is forbidden.
  • Harsher post-race penalties are imposed for violations occurring on Turn #1 of any race, because of the fact that races are rarely won on the 1st turn, but sometimes lost there. Patience should be the top priority at Turn #1 of any race. In some cases, special Turn #1 race procedures will be implemented. Always review the "Race Procedures" section of an event description.
  • For a comprehensive look at what is generally considered good track etiquette, check out "The Good Racecraft Guide", for a more detailed explanation of guidelines GTPlanet members have in mind when we say "clean racing".
  • In case of any incident involving a crash or rule violation, please review the replay before drawing conclusions. Note the time and location of the incident. Try dialogue with the other driver first with Private Messaging. You may report the incident via Private Messaging, with details, in a timely manner (ie: soon after the race), if warranted, so an appointed steward &/or the race director may review the incident. (You may report incidents, even if they do not appear to warrant penalty, if you have any questions, or if you think the matter deserves the attention of the race director & stewards.)
Race Director: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Race Steward: YOU!
All racers are expected to be stewards - of good racing & rule adherence!
Save replays in case you are called upon!

Race will be hosted in the VCRC Lounge,
add PSN: VCRC

Note: This account is just the club lounge account. It will rarely be signed on.
Get the FR in a.s.a.p. to assure acceptance in advance of racing.
In order to check the league lounge, you must click on the coffee cup,
and wait for the room content list to present.
No yellow people icon will show, even when the room is full.

Also please note that all club communication should be done through GTPlanet,
and not directed toward the PSN acct, as nobody checks messages there often, if at all.

Last edited:
Sign-Up Registry:

Wednesday 20 March @ 19:00 UTC
3pm US EDT / 12pm US PDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET

img.php

1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Dark Red & Alpine Green Metallic
  2. jackargent / jackargent / Matte Pink & Amaranth Pearl
  3. Phouchg / xNikodemusx / tba
  4. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Nero Donatello
  5. cobrius / cobrius / Starmist Crimson
  6. VBR / VirtualBornRacer / Honey Yellow
  7. paulmac2k9 / GTP_PaulMac / tba
  8. John Wells / johnwells69 / Swan White
  9. snowgt / GTP_Snowcrash / Stormy Blue Mica
  10. Litchi / GTP_Litchi / Black & Gold
  11. doodlemonoply / doodlemonoply / tba
  12. Nicktune / Nic-KL / White
  13. Raggadish / Psyde / tba
  14. .
  15. .

Last edited:
This is one of my favourite cars, and among my favourite tracks.
So I'll be happy to do more than one schedule to accommodate interested parties. 👍

I do recommend the Motegi tracks, they're great. I was so happy when they added them.

wat3rm370ncosmoatmotegi1.jpg

By the way, these aren't both prize cars, only the 110S versions are. The Cosmos can't be won.

I wish I could participate in this but it's very unlikely unless it happens either this Friday or Saturday.

Do you have any races going on those days? I'd love to participate in something.

Classic rotary on Motegi, yes please :drool:. (Apart from the oval but I'll manage :P)

Thanks melon. I'll try to get those cars by then.

By the way, I've got the track Renngeist on share if you're interested in using it for future races. I've had some fun on it in the past.

Oooh, I'd love to participate but I don't have the Motegi :ouch::(
I would like to watch the races if you don't mind though :D

So what does anyone think about the '67 being in the OCD? Do you think it's better to go with an OCD car? Yay or nay? ??

Also, (silent) spectators are welcome in the lounge IF there's not a full sign-up.

Depending on schedule, I'd be up for this.

I guess it doesn't make much of a difference, if the A or B version is used. And with one being in the OCD, that's a nice way for everyone to get one in pristine condition.

I have the '68 and it has more power :sly:, so yeah keep the '68 vote from me haha.

I vote for the OCD one as it makes things much easier. I doubt the 8hp loss will make too much difference

These are the times being proposed:
(I'll cut it down to the 2 with the most drivers available so definitely say one way or another on all times, thanks 👍)

Tuesday 19 March @ 07:00 UTC

Wednesday 20 March @ 07:00 UTC

Friday 22 March @ (Saturday 01:00 UTC)
9pm US EDT / 6pm US PDT
(Saturday: 1am GMT / 2am CET / 12pm Noon AU EDT)

Saturday 23 March @ 09:00 UTC
5pm US EDT / 2pm US PDT / 9pm GMT / 10pm CET

Btw the '67 has 17bhp less actually.. 115 to 132. (OCD cars)

Please keep '68 :(... :P

Tue &/or wed work for jack.

Don't mind which car ....I have several of the '67 so there should be no problem with folk getting either car

Last edited:
Is it really a 17hp difference?

snowgt: do you have these logged in your database for difference?

The '67 is the one in the OCD.
The '68s are the ones I was proposing.

Hmm didn't know it was that much difference between the cars.. I don't really care which one we chose as long as everyone's got one.

Yes

Yes

9pm US EDT / 6pm US PDT
(Saturday: 1am GMT / 2am CET / 12pm Noon AU EDT)

No

5pm US EDT / 2pm US PDT / 9pm GMT / 10pm CET

No

Will post which of those I can make at work tomorrow, after I have read next weeks schedule ;). (Most likely I can make Wednesday and Friday) Tuesdays is 100% no and Saturday is most likely no too.

3pm US EDT / 12pm US PDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET Yes

3pm US EDT / 12pm US PDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET - Yes, preferred

9pm US EDT / 6pm US PDT
(Saturday: 1am GMT / 2am CET / 12pm Noon AU EDT) - nah will be sleeping

5pm US EDT / 2pm US PDT / 9pm GMT / 10pm CET - No

I can make Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th. I perfer the Wednesday date though. I also vote for the '68 car

I'm interested too! 👍 I prefer the '68 car.

Tuesday 19 March This works for me.

Wednesday 20 March This is the best option for me

Friday 22 March Can't do this

Saturday 23 March Possible but rather not.

I love this car, fell in love with it the first time I saw it, & it handles great too. I'm so up for this, especially as it's on a real world track & not on Toscana. :P

I'll be available for Wednesday the 20th, sign me up. :D By the way, I prefer the '68.

👍

Back