My **improved** car

• Thread starter daan
  • 33 comments

daan

Salut Gilles
Scotland
Scotland
GTP_daan
As some of you may know, I drive a 406 Coupe.

Dcp_0740a.jpg

Even tho it is quite exclusive and you don't see a lot over other coupes on the road, I wanted mine to look that bit more special. It's been in the garage all week and I've just got it back this morning. It now looks even more fantastic!

I took these photos with my camera phone. I'll get better ones later.

daan406coupe3.jpg

daan406coupe4.jpg

daan406coupe7.jpg

daan406coupe8.jpg

daan406coupe9.jpg

daan406coupe10.jpg

New front and rear bumper, sideskirts, Saxo lights, colour coded mirrors, fin on the boot for no reason other than it looks good.

I've always felt that it could use twin exhausts, and check out those blinging alloys! It wasn't cheap, but I feel that it's been worth every penny.

It's still standard under the bonnet, but I have plans on fitting a K & N filter and a DVH to increase the performance further.

Nice wheels 👍

Also the new front bumper makes the entire bonnet/hood seem a lot more in proportion with the rest of the car then stock..

Something looks funny about those pictures :odd:

Is that really your car? (I mean the after shots)

BTW I like the colour coded mirrors.

This is only my opinion, so try not to take it personally, but dude, you've turned one of Europe's beautiful cars into rice. Those kinds of kits belong on cheap hatchbacks, not cars like that. Do something to the mechanics to make up for it.

fin on the boot

Call me American but what the hell is that? Is it that XM antenna thing on the trunk?

Anyways nice car, don't listen to the guys that say it's rice. It's not a huge body kit, that poorly painted, and half on. Plus you don't have a huge ass spolier on the back.

I think it would look pretty good with the addition of a carbon fiber hood! I don't know what you can do to the engines of those cars though, I know nothing about them.

Too much eye catching features for me...the taillights, the wheels, the bodykit..I hope you got a little something for us under the hood!

1st of April, people.

McLaren_F1GTR
Please tell you'll at least do something to the engine.

Fred.The.Baddie
This is only my opinion, so try not to take it personally, but dude, you've turned one of Europe's beautiful cars into rice. Those kinds of kits belong on cheap hatchbacks, not cars like that.

Div is Back
Too much eye catching features for me...the taillights, the wheels, the bodykit..I hope you got a little something for us under the hood!

You've just been fished... :D

I hate that car with a passion. How could they do that to one of the nicest shapes on the road.

My car, whilst really being in the garage this week, still looks as it does in the first pic.

Good one daan. Honestly, you did have me going a bit their.

I do love your car however. The 406 is a smooth lookin vehicle. However, I do think you need a bit of work on her. ;)
Maybe a nice suspension and some nice wheels of your choice would make that car a smooth looker.

boombexus
Maybe a nice suspension and some nice wheels of your choice would make that car a smooth looker.
It could do with being lowered slightly on slightly bigger wheels but the problem with the wheels is that the brake calipers are soooo close to the wheel. There are very few wheels that just slot in and clear the calipers without having to resort to spacers and offsets and things I don't understand.

The other problem is that there are 2 bits of road round about here that it grounds on just now. I don't want to cause more damage by lowering it.

So I think I'll just leave it as it is.

:grumpy: -> Me = hook + line + sinker.

I thought it was a bit odd especially with such hi-def pics off a cellphone.

I've just noticed that I left the ebay camera icon on 2 of the images, and no one noticed :D

You can get pictures like that from mobile phones. Some of them are quite good these days.

EDIT: Why the hell did I post that here? Jesus my posting has gone down the drain alot more than it was.

Back