This place is not even a shadow of what it was back in 2001

• Thread starter Slippery
  • 14 comments
It got bigger and stuff.

Ads = money. I think this site goes through like 2GB of bandwidth a day, so that's a lot of dough.

This place exploded in population. If you don't want the ads though, go premium. :sly:

FatAssBR
:P

Mine is free though. :D
At least daan is avoiding the ads in a fair and honest way. Mocking him for his decision to support the site, rather than to exploit it, is in very bad taste.

Not to mention you can't really call them ads because they are barely visible. This is one of the most sensible sites with ads, so stop complaining. 👍 BTW, yes I have been premium and am thinking about doing it again.

Jordan
At least daan is avoiding the ads in a fair and honest way. Mocking him for his decision to support the site, rather than to exploit it, is in very bad taste.
I wasn´t mocking him, sorry if you got this way Jordan.

I have nothing against becoming Premium, I might get Premium myself someday. It wouldn´t be for the ad blocking though, but because this is the forum I most use on the web.

And I don´t really care about the ads, I would never click them anyway. I just like what adblock does because it loads the page faster, that´s all.

VIPFREAK
Not to mention you can't really call them ads because they are barely visible. This is one of the most sensible sites with ads, so stop complaining. 👍 BTW, yes I have been premium and am thinking about doing it again.
I have to agree, this is easily one of the best sites I've ever been on which runs ads. They are there to generate revenue, but they are in no means intrusive, and they don't degrade from my enjoyment of this site.

And on a side note, I'm probably going to sign up for premium as soon as I get my own credit card (which should happen by the end of the year). I'd really like to support Jordan (and the community in turn) since I spend most of my time on the internet on this site.

Back