1'08:945 on cote d'azur?!?

• Thread starter gt_masta
  • 19 comments
First of all I'm not the best driver but I can put some respectable lap times on most tracks. I did a 1'15:7xx :) on cote d'azur with a non-tuned f1 with no noticeable mistakes and I wanted to know if 1) is it possible to pull a 1'08:945 :confused: on cote d'azur and 2) what settings could possibly make this time or at least cut some seconds of my time ?

There's a video of 3rdgenracerx doing a 1'08.946 lap floating about somewhere but I don't have a link atm. It's a very fluid lap, smooth inputs and very precise driving.

that's the guy who did the lap but I will need to see the vid to believe it.
beating my time by 7 sec is truly incredible. Is the video on gtplanet?

I too am no superman behind a DS2" but I beat my Cote d'Azur lap by 3 seconds just by fiddling with the settings, so I'm sure you could too.

On a side note my "unofficial" lap record is 0'54.xxx How you ask? Well it was accidental, I was trying the breakout trick and managed to finish the lap as soon as I broke out of the track which happened to be at 54 seconds. It was in a Skyline too, I suspect that with the F1 the "cheat" could result in a sub 40 second lap :)

Not that I'd ever claim that lap as my actual Cote d'Azur lap but it's interesting nonetheless

Could you give me some settings for monaco so that I could have something to start with cuz I'm not too good with setting a car for a specific race.

MisterWeary
On a side note my "unofficial" lap record is 0'54.xxx How you ask? Well it was accidental, I was trying the breakout trick and managed to finish the lap as soon as I broke out of the track which happened to be at 54 seconds. It was in a Skyline too, I suspect that with the F1 the "cheat" could result in a sub 40 second lap :)

Breakout trick??????

hahaha 54secs.... instant div.1 status i think.. that is a rarther intersting trick though.. i thought it was only possible on seatle with GT3... im obviously wrong!

Sorry for the late reply, here's how you escape. Take a relatively fast car and as you're coming down the hill after the tunnel just stick as close as possible to the right of the track and crash into the corner next to the tyre barrier and voila!!! It's easier to get out than the one in GT3 in my opinion too. Here's a photo I took that I almost submitted for the photomode comp this week of me and my skyline outside the track :)

As for some settings, start with the LSD, change it to something like (5,60,5) you'll get better turn in. Set the toe to (2,6), turn of ASM and turn down TCS to like 3 and that outght to give you a good start. Thanks to roadrunner for those settings, he is an F1 guru!

Have fun y'all 👍

the rear toe setting is wrong, 6 is bad for tirewear, i use anywhere from 1-3, thats the max or even iwth rsh tires u get bad tired wear. thanks though for the tip.

djaft3rb3ats

MisterWeary
Sorry for the late reply, here's how you escape. Take a relatively fast car and as you're coming down the hill after the tunnel just stick as close as possible to the right of the track and crash into the corner next to the tyre barrier and voila!!! It's easier to get out than the one in GT3 in my opinion too. Here's a photo I took that I almost submitted for the photomode comp this week of me and my skyline outside the track :)

As for some settings, start with the LSD, change it to something like (5,60,5) you'll get better turn in. Set the toe to (2,6), turn of ASM and turn down TCS to like 3 and that outght to give you a good start. Thanks to roadrunner for those settings, he is an F1 guru!

Have fun y'all 👍

holy ****! thank you!

djaft3rb3ats
the rear toe setting is wrong, 6 is bad for tirewear, i use anywhere from 1-3, thats the max or even iwth rsh tires u get bad tired wear. thanks though for the tip.

djaft3rb3ats

You're right, 6 is bad for tyre wear but if you're looking for fast times then I suspect you ain't interested in tyre wear :sly:

Back