Chopper Bikes/Bicycles

• Thread starter 32' Lover
  • 14 comments
Well, over the last six years or something like that, I started building custom chopper bicycles. All three so far are 90% all custom made.

Anyway, the blue bike has all factory Ferrari paint. The wheel in the back is a three inch wide tire that i found for a pretty good deal considering that a new schwinn sting ray tire was over $100 so I took the better deal, If I did get the other tire it wouldn't fit the frame. I started it in 2004 - 2005.

The red one was started in 2001 and finished in 2002. It took me a month to get how to build the frame easy. This bike really was a experiment to see if it could be done. It has mag rims as you can see in the pics. The paint on it was from WAL-MART, so it doesn't look as good as it should. i guess I did that mainly because i didn't know how good of a spray gun painter I am.
(I'm not that bad though)

The next bike for this year is pretty much an experiment. considering this bikes the first bike i have ever seen thats going to be hubless, which means no hub or spokes. Its going to have a old school look to it.

Just two min. before 8:54 I had finished the brakes on the blue one.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Untitled-7.jpg
    Untitled-7.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 41
  • Untitled-9.jpg
    Untitled-9.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Untitled-10.jpg
    Untitled-10.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 30
Why can't you post the pictures in here? I get the impression you want to make people PM/email so you can properly advertise the bike to them. I would really like to see it without the fuss. Just upload them to imageshack.us

I don't think GTP has come accross a Chopper Bike maker before. :)

E-mail would be fine, I've PM'd you one of my e-mail addresses.

Alternatively you could just actually post them here through Image shack like G.T said.

I am sorry i can't post pics the only way you could see them is if you private post(that thimg that s in your detial section to send a message to that person) and give me your E-Mail adress so i can send them, but i use outlook express so i don't know what it would do for AOL, Yahoo, etc.

G.T
Why can't you post the pictures in here? I get the impression you want to make people PM/email so you can properly advertise the bike to them. I would really like to see it without the fuss. Just upload them to imageshack.us

I don't think GTP has come accross a Chopper Bike maker before. :)

Alternatively you could just actually post them here through Image shack like G.T said.

I get the same impression as G.T, and it is incredibly easy to upload using imageshack.

go to http://imageshack.us, upload the pic, following the very easy to understand directions, and then copy and paste the "thumbnails for messageboards 1" code, and bob's you uncle! 👍

Aside from that, I would be pretty keen to see some of these too, but not if you are trying to sell them...

gOoSe

I'm not really seeing where this is going.

Is this a hobby? Then it ought to be in the hobbies section. Are you trying to advertise? Then you'll get a ban. Either way, this thread isn't much use without pictures - and you can upload them onto Imageshack or Photobucket and link to them here no problem.

L4s, watch out for spam.

No offense, 32, but, uploading images is fairly easy as the others have pointed out. If you're soliciting emails in disguise, then you won't last long at this community. Otherwise, I can't wait to see what you've created.

Thanks for the giving me the site to the places to post pics, but now that you can see I have found a way to do it with out it. I will try to get pictures of the hubless one soon.👍

I don't really like chopper bikes, or chopper motorcycles. I think it's a waste of cash. It's like 2 wheel rice. Having apehanger handlebars and extending your front wheel out 14 feet doesn't do anything but give you horrible handling and lessen your control over the bike.

That 1st picture you posted definitely doesn't look ridable. How could anyone stand to try and ride on that thing?

I don't really like chopper bikes, or chopper motorcycles. I think it's a waste of cash. It's like 2 wheel rice. Having apehanger handlebars and extending your front wheel out 14 feet doesn't do anything but give you horrible handling and lessen your control over the bike.

That 1st picture you posted definitely doesn't look ridable. How could anyone stand to try and ride on that thing?

You know, even though the blue on looks long it really not that long and both are very rideable and very comfortable to ride. The Steering isn't bad it just grabs a little when you turn. when your on a regular bike your cramped up on these you stretch out. the weight actaul makes you coast a long way. Oh yeah, the forks are only 50 or less inches on both of them and i didn' t really spend that much on them. I have had people 40+ years old ride them and they didn't complain.:)

Well, the hubless won't look just like it, due to the fact of the prices. i can not immagin what two big barings cost. So it going to use smaller barings on a track that goes on the rim. It is to complicated to go into detail. It would be best if i took a pic of my drawing and showed you, but yes it should look something like the Choppers Inc Bike. Maybe?
I have spare a bike to ride a fool around with too.

It still isn't practical at all. At least not for my needs. I use my bike for general transportation and screwing around on (i.e: Taking it off of ridiculously high jumps).

Without meaning to offend you, MachOne, your comments are kinda missing the point, akin to posting "But it gets bad gas mileage and has a small trunk" in a thread where someone is talking about buying a supercar. Its an exercise in aethetics and metal fabrication - not meant to be a major mode of transportation or used for taking jumps.

The bikes, by the way don't look bad, but I'll reserve my comments for when I see the hubless one. Is it similar to the Money Shot chopper by Choppers Inc?
getimage.asp

Latest Posts

Back