• Poll closed .

YSSMAN

Super-Cool Since 2013
Premium
United States
GR-MI-USA
YSSMAN
YSSMAN
First things first, the 911 has won the title of "Best German Car." The 911 joins the ranks of the following automobiles:

- BMC Mini
- Lamborghini Muria
- Bugatti Veyron
- Mazda MX-5 Miata
- Hyundai Tiburon/Coupe

---

Okay kids, I've sorted through the Sweedish and Australian cars, and we need to be serious for a moment. I've opened up the multiple votes option, and you need to vote for one from Sweeden and one from Australia.

I will be watching the votes... Any that break the rules will be dissreguarded

Choises:

- Australia:
Chrysler Charger
Elfin MS8
Ford Falcon (all variants)
Ford Laser TX3 Turbo
Ford Ute
Holden Commodore (all variants)
Holden Monaro (all variants)
Holden Ute
Mitsubishi Ralliart Magna

- Sweeden:
Koenigsegg CCR/CCX
Saab 99
Saab 900/9-3 Turbo
Saab 9000/9-5 Turbo
Volvo 122
Volvo 200
Volvo 240
Volvo 440
Volvo C70
Volvo P1800
Volvo S60R

Get to voting!

(I'll be voting for the Commodore and Saab 900/9-3)

I've gone for the Holden Ute and the Knife Edge - one for defining the "Outback spirit" of Australia, and the other for showing that Sweden doesn't have to mean boring and workmanlike.

I voted for the Volvo 200--by the way the 200 should include all subsequent models...like the 240. I also voted for the Monaro.

I voted for the Monaro and the CCR.

The Holden is a high performing, sharp looking V8 sedan, and is probably the most recognizable cars to come from Australia. The Koenigsegg is proof that the Swedes can make a supercar. It even held the fastest production car speed, (until the Veyron came out) to boot.

Edit: My 1000th post on GTP! w00t!!1

I never nominated any because I'm not really too hot on Australian or Swedish cars, but I'm voting for the Holden Commodore and Koenigsegg.

None of you nominated the Volvo 850?! I'm not even saying because it was my car - don't you guys remember the 850 wagon in BTCC?!??

It's just so obvious the majority will vote the Egg the best Swede. Nah. I'll go with a classic--the P1800. Great old sports car. I'll also avoid the Monaro hype and go for the Falcon, not because it's a Ford, but because it's better and newer and all that.

Wow... The CCR/CCX and Monaro are just running away with the votes. Will they stand up in the final round? We will have to wait and see...

Oh, BTW, the next round will be that of the USA, the final one before the "World Series". Get your thinking caps on kids, that one is going to be rough...

Darn it, didn't read your first post before I voted.

Doesn't matter... would've voted the Munroe anyway... but I really should've voted for the Volvo P1800.

Oh BTW, congrats to the 911 (it was an obvious win) but all of the finalists in the German car round are winners, in my book.

None of you nominated the Volvo 850?! I'm not even saying because it was my car - don't you guys remember the 850 wagon in BTCC?!??
There was nothing stopping you from nominating it.

My votes went to the Monaro, and the Volvo P1800 for showing that Sweden doesn't have to mean boring and workmanlike long before that Kings egg did. :dopey:

Wow... The CCR/CCX and Monaro are just running away with the votes. Will they stand up in the final round? We will have to wait and see...

Oh, BTW, the next round will be that of the USA, the final one before the "World Series". Get your thinking caps on kids, that one is going to be rough...
But we haven't done Spain, Malaysia or Russia yet!

:crazy:

Malaysia? Oh, there are lots? Proton Satria GTi (which is nothing but a warmed over ancient Mirage hatch with a sports suspension... still cool)... errh.........................

Okay, I'm still thinking...

Okay, decision making time:

Should I pick the top two cars from each country giving you only four cars to choose from at the end, or do the top three from each country in the final round? Mathematically speaking, it looks like the Koeinggggssseeeegggggg has the deal sealed, but in the Aussie round, it appears it would become a slugfest between the Falcon and the Commodore/Monaro (I would roll the two together I think?).

I say don't bother with the Swedish cars. It seems unfortunately that the 'Egg is going to walk with this, as it almost has enough votes to walk with this even with all of the other Sweidish car's combined.

and the Commodore/Monaro (I would roll the two together I think?).

I don't think so, the Monaro I voted for was around a good 10+ years before the Commodore was ever made.

^ Good point, nevermind. I'm sure the folks that voted for the Commodore, including myself, will just jump to the Monaro anyway...

Put top three for both. I'm changing my Swede vote... and you never know...

Voted for the Brick (240) for Sweden. Crazy reliable, available with a turbo, and tough as hell. Fun drift machine, or so I hear, too!

As for Down Under, I went with the Falcon, just because the one in Mad Max was so freakin' awesome.

Back