What type of series would you like.

What type of series would you like?

• Total voters
AngelCreator
AngelCreator
I have been thinking about this the last few days, with running a series of my own again and
other series running I asked my self something. What do people want to race in a series. So I
desided to make this thread and ask that question. Just vote in the poll and tell me what
you would like to see in a new race series on GTplanet. I think this will help people say
what they would like to see. If you want to know what's running, come here and take a look.
This poll will be muti choice, so go and pick any one you want.

I voted for:

A race series that only use's one type of car, JGTC, DTM, LMP
A race series that go's by Power to Weight Ratio
A race series that go's by lap time

More accurately however, I want a series with a wide variety of challenging cars, preferably with as realistic as possible rules and regulations. I would like to see something simple really. I'd like someone to take advantage of the many touring cars in GT4 and run an Arcade Mode series. I'd like to drive a BMW 320i in an OLR against the likes of Mazda 6 Touring Car, Honda Integra type R and Toyota Altezza Touring Car. That would be ideal. The cars are all really close and it appears to be something that hasn't been done. I'd like to make everyone who wishes to start a championship that uniqueness isn't necessarily the path to success in creating an OLR. You can come up with your crazy original series that is like nothing else and that won't get you anywhere. Think simply. Ashley's World GT Championship seemed to work well, JGTC seems to work well, a couple of Group C Championships have run successfully (with simple rules!! it can be mucked up and has), and GTPLMS seems to be getting the job done. As far as I'm concerned simplicity is the key.

m.piedgros

I chose Power to Weight!

I'd like to see another 2.3 series :) I'd also like to see an FGT series that makes it to the Final Round! And i'd like to see a 100% Stock Road Car series where the driver has free choice on car, picks the one car he likes the best and thinks he can be fastest with, and goes racing, that would be awsome :)

I am not going to vote in the poll, but I will say want I would like to see.
I would like to see a series ware only one car is used, like the Mazda MX-5
or the Toyota Celica. Because they have them in real life so why not.
Plus the racing would be very close as well. But that's just what I think.

I am hoping to be back when GT5 and/or GT Vision is out. There I can plan a MUCH better tournament that will kick the living day lights out of my old ones. It would have to include LIVE internet racing for a million different reasons, obvious and otherwise. Of course, I am working to make it as do-able for the whole world as possible. I'll be back when my plans are further developed.

You guys are going be totally blown away.

The V8s, a GT Championship and another TWO-POINT-THREE style tournament is in the wings. I also hope to be the first to host a LIVE online GT World Championship.
I was also thinking, as soon as we know exactly how many cars we can race online, I would certainly like to hold qualifiers for the frist ever GT5 World Championship on the GT4 game. Using a combination of single lap qualifiers, single events and tournaments, we could bring together the elite of GT, and climax with an epic battle for the supremacy of the next generation Gran Turismo. But we could also have a lucky dip, for either the near qualifiers, or everyone else, or both!! The possibilities are nearly endless!

Anyway, see you guys around sometime. For now, it's back to reality...

Dan-is-fast

PS Great thread idea AngelCreator.

How about a series where you have 5 cars and 5 races for example and you can choose any of the five cars for race one. Then the next race you can only choose one of the other fours cars for race two and so on.
Maybe Fast normal road cars with sport softs with 300hp power cap in replay

I wouldn't mind a Clio Cup. in fact, I like the idea:tup:

I voted for everything... a Clio cup would be awesome, but what about a Demio, Fit, or even a Miata cup? Quite possibily a M3 cup or even a Mustang cup?! I think it would be great to have the identically prepared vehicles, and have it depend on driver setup and the driver itself!

I love the DTM, JGTC..etc. series because it shows how awesome those cars are... The power to weight races bring out a large variety of cars..:sly: :dopey: --- Randy

I'd love a series where it's kind of like WRS
Eveyone drives the same car
Different car/ week...different types/ week
ie: JGTC, DTM, Stock, FF - MR - FR
Multi lappers against AI set at 10
Strong tyre wear, forced pits, say... 2 or 3 pit stops / race ?

I picked
"A race series that only use's one type of car, JGTC, DTM, LMP"
And "A race series that go's by lap time"
So that's what I think a race series should.
I think there should be a race series with the Toyota GT-ONE Race Car in it.:drool::crazy: Me love Toyota GT-ONE Race Car.:D Laters.

Sammy.;)

I think there should be a race series with the Toyota GT-ONE Race Car in it.:drool::crazy: Me love Toyota GT-ONE Race Car.:D
I have a feeling you might get your wish soon Hunter. ;)

Dont know what this comes under so ill just write it in...

I'd like to see a race series that is an endurance race with one type of car each week,

where you run Exsample: 10 laps and not just the fastest hot lap the hole laps put together! to make 12'56.675.

that would be cool to do with also the cleanest laps as possible but with a speed limiter also in single race.

im sure if it comes to an idea someone will make it clearer

QUIK!

I voted for a series that would run one type of car and one car per race. It would be interesting to see what competitors could do with each other's exact cars on different circuits.

Just a thought. And nice avatar, AngelCreator.

Back