Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
Welcome to a Best Motoring Touge Showdown inspired tuning contest.

Track: Citti d Aria (normal).

Car: Any "Normal, Concept, or Tuner" car (No Race cars).
350hp or less (in settings display screen).
Any weight, or drivetrain modifications are allowed.
GT Wings are allowed.

Tires: Sports Tires Only (no "racing" or "normal" tires).

The Criteria: Tune for what feels good.
Lap times and overall speed of the car will only play a part in the rating of a car.
(a car with great lap times and poor handling will not do as well as a car with "ok" lap times and great handling)

To enter your tuned car in this contest simply private message me.
You must Private Message me with the following information:
Exact Car.
Exact Parts.
Exact Settings.

Keep the submission simply, not flashy.
One week from today I will post the submissions in a new thread and every member of the GTP will be allowed to test and evaluate any of the cars.

Each member is only allowed to submit one car for judgement.

The rating of cars will be decided by a combo of Public Poll Results and the ratings of a hand-picked judge panel.

Please keep in mind the deadline for submission and please do your best! :cheers:
If you have any questions, post them in here. 👍

I've read the other tuning threads, and I'm interested. :)

I think this is a pretty cool idea so you can expect a car from me soon!

Count me in too. All I need to do is to find one of my the best handling cars and enter it. I have few options.. And you'll have my settings etc today.

I'll do this. I'll be sending you my details later this evening, as I have my last AS Level this afternoon.

xjr-9

is it safe to assume only production, concept and tuner cars are allowed, or can I grab a race car, put S2 tyres on it and it'd be elligible?

Aww.. bummer. The car I thought of for this is 375hp stock (without oil, even!)

Shame, because it's a car which is a pain in the backside until you sort the suspension out, then it makes you feel like a proper automotive hero, especially when you're watching the drifts on replay.

Oh well.

V.

(Do you know, I think I'm going to submit anyhow.)

Yeah I wonder if a Lotus MotorSport Elise can be allowed, but I think it's the best 350HP car out there. :indiff: Also adding wings are okay? I don't know if the MotorSport Elise or the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S are production cars... :(

well, atleast TK ZZ-S is, and I will atleast submit that one. :D I think that LMS Elise is more like factory racecar or something, after all, it IS the original Exige..

edit: sent my setup to Kent. I think it'll do rather well, afetr all, it can easily keep up with 500bhp Evo's etc.. :D

is it safe to assume only production, concept and tuner cars are allowed, or can I grab a race car, put S2 tyres on it and it'd be elligible?

Good point... I'll make sure the first post is edited to answers these question... But to do it right here... No Race Cars Allow! :D

Also, "Wings" are allowed.

And... The "Lotus Motorsport Elise" is acceptable. 👍
(especially since Wings will be allowed. :D )

Cool, also the Lotus MS Elise has 5 clicks more downforce at the rear than the normal Lotus Elise 190, which makes it have increased stability during corners. I think I will use the Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car, it gets as much downforce as the R92CP. :)

Now to find my GT4... :banghead:

Cool, also the Lotus MS Elise has 5 clicks more downforce at the rear than the normal Lotus Elise 190, which makes it have increased stability during corners. I think I will use the Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car, it gets as much downforce as the R92CP. :)

Now to find my GT4... :banghead:
Why do you switch around between usernames?

So many people wanted the old TuneRVisioN back, the one that rants, bitches, and gets irritated at the smallest things.

So I'm back, GRRR! :mad: JK.

Eric On MSN
Where is the ranty pissed off bitch I knew and loved?
Sean On MSN
You should start picking on other people.
Keef
I like the name TuneRVisioN, the name CNG is lame.
I'm seriously stuck at a hard descision of which account I should use... :guilty:

I don't get it though, on my CNG account I helped out others more getting them setups that I never would've tested constantly myself, I even got some info onto the stickies while on my CNG account.

People like me when I go from 0 - hot in 0.313 seconds? :rolleyes:

I'm not going to rant about anything other than those PD bastards. :)

I will keep my cool, knowing you guys don't like pissed off red hot big fat meanies.

Now back on topic, theres alot of off-topicness lately.

Good cars to use are the Renault 5 Turbo, and Renault Clio V6, both MR, full of manueverabily, and just the right amount of oversteer to carve apexes like potatos. :cool:

Same goes for both of the Renault Alpine's but too bad they can't get tuned near 350HP. :indiff:

EDIT: Maybe I'll just get premium and use that for name changes.

aw damn, I wish I would had know that concepts could be used too, then I could have used Solstice concept that I acquired recently. that car is sooo much fun to drive, be it stock or tuned.

Everyone gets one submission.
However, for people leonidae, who turn in their entry early, I will allow you to replace your entry... YOu just have to make it clear which entry you want to have tested.

I haven't given anyone feed back yet and I haven't tested any of the designs... Once the deadline comes though, then all the designs will be tested and the showdown will be on!

That said, keep those submissions coming, please feel free to do whatever you want (within the rules of the contest).
:cheers:

I'm perfectly happy with my current submission. After all, it needed tuning to handle just as well as I wanted it to, unlike the Solstice.:)

So here we are in the tuning forum...

Can I get anymore participants?

I encourage any member who likes to change settings and build cars to take part in this tuning event. 👍

I mean, it's not like the pride of tuners around the net is on the line but I would be willing to say that much for the tuners of the gtp. ;) :lol:

What can I say... This is a great chance to show all sorts of members that you know how to tune a car properly.
Let's see it if you can do it! :cheers:

Only 2 days left before the deadline for submissions so please make sure to get them in before it is too late!

I am really sorry kent

You guys know I would love to have put one in, It's just that I've got a sudden flow of schoolwork jumped at me, a girl I'd like to give some attention and work...

I really am sorry!

Next time I'll join, guys.;)

Not a problem Vince.
Also, thank you all for the submissions. I hope there are enough to actually have a showdown when this event is ready to go down.

That said, there isn't much time left.
Anyone else looking to test there skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back