7-Eleven turns 15 of their stores into Kwik-E-Marts from the Simpsons

Digital-Nitrate

1955-2011 R.I.P.
Premium
United States
Austin, Texas
D-Nitrate / GTP_DNitrate
7kem.gif

As part of a promotion for the upcoming Simpsons Movie, 7-Eleven has remodeled 15 of their stores after Apu's Kwik-E-Mart.

Here are the 15 participating stores:
  1. Burbank, CA
  2. Los Angeles, CA
  3. Mountain View, CA
  4. San Francisco, CA
  5. Denver, CO
  6. Washington, DC
  7. Chicago, IL
  8. Lake Buena Vista, FL
  9. Orlando, FL
  10. Bladensburg, MD
  11. Henderson, NV
  12. Las Vegas, NV
  13. New York City, NY
  14. Dallas, TX
  15. Seattle, WA
tmpl_r03_c04.gif

In addition to the look, 7-Eleven will also be selling several popular products from the Simpsons' fictional Kwik-E-Mart, including:

squish_t.gif

Squishee

buzz_t.gif

Buzz Cola

donut_t.gif

Pink Sprinkles Donuts
(not to be confused with Mr. Sprinkles :D)

krustyo_t.gif

KrustyO’s Cereal

ram_t.gif

Radioactive Man Comic Book Edition #711

If you happen to be near one of these stores, please take some pics and post them here. Thanks!

I'm still baffled that Fox thinks that they need to advertise the movie at all, but this is a surprising and clever way of doing it. Probably pretty cheap, too.

Awesome! I wonder if the man behind the counter is going to be paid to say "thank you, come again" too.

Awesome! I wonder if the man behind the counter is going to be paid to say "thank you, come again" too.

And that all the cashiers will look like Apu? (or any indian cashiers)
:lol:

I'm jealous that it only happens in America!!! I wish it could happen elsewhere....i wonder how the buzz cola would taste like.....mmmmmmm.....cola.........but wait!No Duff beer?:lol: i'm joking,i know they can't sell alcohols like that......do they?

I don't get why they have the florida ones in orlando and lake buena vista... They're right next to eachother.

I also don't get why they don't have one in SPRINGFIELD. They could make the one there an exact replica.

The Chicago location is closest to me, but based off of Google Maps, it doesn't seem like its in a very nice location. Then again, putting it close to Midway Airport seems like a good way to get some attention.

...Then again, did anyone who supported this idea actually GO to Midway?

That looks great, if anyone is near one of those shops, please take some pics and get a Squishee. Ive always wondered what they taste like:drool:

Got some shots of the Denver one for you guys - it's five miles from me if that.

kwik_e_mart-070407-5.jpg

kwik_e_mart-070407-4.jpg

kwik_e_mart-070407.jpg

Even got gas there!

kwik_e_mart-070407-2.jpg

If what I saw today was any indication, this place is going to make ridiculous amounts of money for however long this promotion is in effect - people were lining up to take photos, to buy things there, and to get gas there just for an excuse to stop. Hell, even I did it!

They really went all-out - 'Kwik-E-Mart' is even on the pumps and there's a huge Apu cutout inside. I didn't go inside so there are probably more things in there too. Only about a mile from my car spotting locations so definitely worth the trip - kind of cool! Thanks for the heads up with this thread! 👍

That looks great, if anyone is near one of those shops, please take some pics and get a Squishee. Ive always wondered what they taste like

Can do the pictures, but all the photos on Earth can't describe to you how a Squishee tastes. Which is fortunate since I presume it's just a Slurpee with different packaging.

Got some shots of the Denver one for you guys - it's five miles from me if that.
+REP Doug, great pics thanks!

"Misplacing decimal points since 194.5"
"$2.50 Sign Reading Fee"

:lol:👍

I didn't go inside so there are probably more things in there too.
I heard there are some funny pics on the freezer doors, one showing an old man frozen in time inside the cooler. :D

I really like how they even make the facade look like it is drawn for the Simpsons show. Nice commitment to the theme!

Although they need some bubble chat from the comic guy saying, "Best store ever!" ;)

Tophaticent
Is it really that bad?

:yuck:

+REP Doug, great pics thanks!

Thanks for the rep! I admit I hadn't read through this thread enough when I went and didn't know there were more interesting things inside - I might head back later this week or next and try for a few more pictures. Another thing causing a problem was that both the parking lot in front of the place and the one adjacent to it were filled with curious people, and I didn't want to keep taking up my pump space. As I said, this will be a moneymaker!

Great pics Doug! Looks a bit like a theme park attraction. Yea this must be great for business, If I was around and saw that id buy a whole load of sh** just to say to my friends, oh I got that from the Kwik-E-Mart down the road:D

Thats a smart looking Audi at the petrol pump btw.

Great pics Doug! Looks a bit like a theme park attraction. Yea this must be great for business, If I was around and saw that id buy a whole load of sh** just to say to my friends, oh I got that from the Kwik-E-Mart down the road:D

It's actually a bit off the road (the pumps are right on the road, so the store is slightly removed) - honestly I wouldn't have spotted it had I not had the address. However, it's not like it's having trouble being spotted once people get there - I would say in the eight minutes I was there, ten or eleven people took photographs.

I hadn't heard about this campaign before this thread - perhaps others had and had shown up just for pictures?

Thats a smart looking Audi at the petrol pump btw.

Why thank you. 👍

I'd give you rep too, but it won't let me right now..... Thank you for the pics, indeed(can you move that Audi in the way? :P j/k).

I can not believe there isn't one around here, and I'm not driving up to Seattle for that! :guilty: I don't know if you guys know this, but the creator of Simpsons is from Portland, Oregon, and some of the character's names are recognizable street names around here........ and we still don't get any Kwik-E-Marts. :(

And that all the cashiers will look like Apu? (or any indian cashiers)
Because all of 7-Eleven cashiers look like Apu already? :P

They put Apu behind the Kwik-E-Mart register as a typical stereotype of an Indian convenience store owner.

Wow....it looked better than i can imagine....
Great job M5Power! I'll +rep you as well.Hope you could get a more pictures of the store i mean Kwik-E-mart.I wonder how the products look like.And Ozzy.,thanks for finding out.It make me feel better about my curiosity.By the way,when is The Simpson Movie is coming out?

I was in San Jose last week so I decided to make a quick trip over to the Mountain View 7-Eleven/Quik-E-Mart to take some pics, which BTW is very near the Shoreline Blvd exit off the 101:

CIMG1456.jpg

Leave it to a Mountain View location to have an "upsacle" 7-Eleven/Quik-E-Mart facade... and two Ferraris, several Porsches, and a very rare Ducati in the parking lot... all waiting in line to get a squishee & a pink sprinkly donut. :)

CIMG1473.jpg

The employees were enjoying getting into the role as well.

CIMG1472.jpg

Unfortunately, they were all sold out at the time, and they say that whle they get a new shipment in of Krusty-O's every few days, they always sell out just an hour after they get them on the shelves.

CIMG1471.jpg

I had though they were just using adhesive graphics for the facade, but they are actual 1" thick painted foam boards that are then screwed onto the existing exterior.

CIMG1457.jpg

Behind Apu were shelves of "Simpson" gear, but much of it was already sold out. They still had lots of bobble heads and Homer cookies.

CIMG1459.jpg

Unfortunately, they were also completely sold out of the Radioactive Man comic book. The manager said that Fox told them they were working on a second printing, but that the first 20,000 copies that were sent to the ten Quik-E-Marts sold out in the first hour. I expect we will see a lot of them on eBay.

CIMG1465.jpg

I was wondering where Homer was... should have known he would be eating day old hot dogs. :)

(that's my son peeking around Homer... he is a big fan)

CIMG1468.jpg
CIMG1469.jpg

CIMG1485.jpg
CIMG1484.jpg

Nice collection of Apu sales pitches. I was impressed that they even went so far as to make small labels for some of the items like "Hmmm... Fresh Sandwiches" and "Savor the Sandwichy Goodness".

CIMG1461.jpg
CIMG1464.jpg

CIMG1460.jpg

I was told that all the plastic Simpson characters in the store will be auctioned off at the end of this month.

CIMG1462.jpg

I like how they even had the old guy that was frozen up on the mountain on one of the freezer doors... at least my son thought it was funny. ;)

(I think it was explained in a Simpsons episode that Homer's dad, Gabe, left him for dead IRCC, and Homer found the body when he tried to scale the Mountain as part of an endorsement deal with Duff energy drink... or something like that)

CIMG1486.jpg

They were also sold out of these straw hugging magnets... I bet Bart in his B'day suit sold the fastest. ;)

CIMG1466.jpg

"Hmmm.... Dooooonuts. :drool:

CIMG1467.jpg

And of course who but Chief Wiggum would be standing guard over the donuts? :D

CIMG1470.jpg

I couldn't leave empty handed, so I bought a squishee and a sprinklicious donut. :)

Wow.....it looked greater than i imagined....great shots of the shop from the outside and the inside Digital-Nitrate.Looks amazing to be honest.Malaysia would never come out with this idea (nor the money to back it up) So you said most of the stuff inside the store were sold out eh?Only get to manage to buy a squishee and a sprinkled donut.How do they taste and what else did you manage to buy?Did you taste the Buzz cola yet?I wonder if it tasted good.....mmmmm,cola :drool: If its possible,can you airmail it to me?Or if thats too much trouble,just email me the stuff....:lol:

Edit: Oh yeah,i'll +rep you for that 👍

10 donuts for $8.50?! Holy crap, those donuts better wipe your bum as you squeeze them out too for that price. How much did the squishee end up setting you back?

Pretty cool photos, although the frozen guy is actually from an episode where he tried to freeze himself in the kwik-e-mart to be thawed out in the future, only to be used by Apu as some kind of side show to get more customers after he was discovered. Still really cool to finally see what they ended up looking like.

Thanks mnm_bmx.

10 donuts for $8.50?! Holy crap, those donuts better wipe your bum as you squeeze them out too for that price.

How much did the squishee end up setting you back?
It's a slurpee in a Squishee cup... same price.

Pretty cool photos, although the frozen guy is actually from an episode where he tried to freeze himself in the kwik-e-mart to be thawed out in the future, only to be used by Apu as some kind of side show to get more customers after he was discovered. Still really cool to finally see what they ended up looking like.
Ahhh... that makes a lot more sense, thanks for the info! 👍

IMPORTANT: For those interested in checking out one of these stores, the manager said that Fox who paid for and owns all the Quik-E-Mart store decorations will be taking down everything from these 7-Eleven stores at the end of this month and auctioning off for charity the various Simpson character plastic in-store characters.

So if you want to check out any of these stores, or buy some of these exclusive Quik-E-Mart products you may want to try and plan a visit in the next few days.

or buy some of these exclusive Quik-E-Mart products you may want to try and plan a visit in the next few days.
I read that all 7-elevens are carrying most of the Kwi-E-Mart items, and they will be discontinuing them all at the same time. It may be better to try to get some of the things at a normal 7-eleven so they will be more under the radar.

Back