• Thread starter Famine
  • 30 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
So, UKGTP8. A triple LAN setup and the largest non-official gathering of GTers ever held in the Western Hemisphere. No pressure then... :D

Most of the crew - and luckily I include our Dutch guests in this, who arrived in a VW Transporter with 8 driving seats and rigs - arrived on Friday evening and gathered in the Cromwell for one or two shandies and a quick feed at the local steakhouse. And a nice early night.

Moving on...

Saturday
Having hit upon a wizard wheeze - collecting memory cards ahead of the event to clone and localise - the setup was much less of a hazard and we were rolling by 10.40am. Nice change :D

Series 1: Noughties Coupes

Traditional staple of the UKGTPs now - everyone starts off in the fastest car of a pack of 6 (in this case, the Ruf RGT as always) and, as they are successful, move into theoretically slower cars - ensuring a varied mix of race winners as the quicker drivers get bogged down in slower cars. Race winners move down 2 cars, 2nd and 3rd place drivers move down just the 1.

The 6-car pack was:
1. Ruf RGT
2. Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06
3. BMW M3 '04
4. Ford Mustang GT '05
5. Pontiac Solstice Concept
6. Chrysler Crossfire

The series winner is the first person to manage a race win in the slowest car in the field - the Chrysler Crossfire.

Series 2: GT300 Pick'n'mix

6 cars, 6 races each, each driver can pick each car once and once only. Not complicated, until you try to get 21 drivers into 18 cars and not get left with anybody trying to race themselves at the end.

Our 6 cars are the GT300s:
1. Toyota WedsSport Celica
2. RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7
3. Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza
4. Toyota SuperAutoBacs MR-S
5. ASL ARTA Garaiya
6. Nissan C-West RaZo Silvia

The Bowling

(work in progress - please bear with)

Sunday

Series 3: GT1 Handicap

As with Saturday's Coupe Handicap, but with 6 GT/GT1 class cars. The 6 car field this time was:
1. Mercedes AMG CLK GT-R
2. McLaren F1 GTR
3. Pagani Zonda LM
4. Chevrolet Corvette C5-R
5. Ford GT LM '02
6. Ford Falcon XR8

The winner would, as ever, be the first person to win a race in the final listed car.

Series 4: Clio Endurance

The rapidly-becoming-a-worldwide-LAN-signature-event saw us taking the little Renaultsport Clio V6 Race Cars to Special Stage Route 5 Reverse.

Teams were determined by pairing the highest-ranked driver so far with the lowest-ranked driver so far, then the second-highest-ranked with the second-lowest-ranked, until 6 pairings were formed. The remaining 6 drivers were allocated in a random fashion by our host Venari calling out numbers from one to six. On this occasion, however, we had 3 drivers who preferred to use automatic - and so they were placed together as a team first.

The teams lined up as follows:
Team Blue - Jan, dustdriver, Mark T
Team Silver - VEXD, Bee, Ren-Tec
Team Red - Famine, Blacksheep, Ruud
Team Yellow - sjaak, Venari, Roo
Team White - stevisiov, Sureshot, daan
Team Automatic - AMG., Queen Bee/sukerkin, Car-Less

Series 5: Kei Car Pick'n'Mix

Same as series 2, but we've throttled back a bit. This time round our 6 cars are Kei cars (that's "Kei" like "K", not "Kei" like "Kai" :D) and we're doing just 4 laps a time on shorter tracks - mainly to allow our good Dutch friends time to pack up and still catch the ferry... Rather than picking our own cars, Bomber Command allowed the lowest ranked driver on each LAN to pick one then ruling that one out of being picked again by anyone on that LAN. Then the next lowest ranked - and so on (assuming their choices do not exclude high-ranked drivers altogether in later rounds).

The 6 trusty steeds are:
1. Honda Beat
2. Mazda AutoZam AZ-1
3. Suzuki Cappuccino '95
4. Daihatsu Copen Active Top
5. Mitsubishi Minica Dangan ZZ
6. Nissan CUBE '02

(work in progress - please bear with)

Has Famine made an actual mistake?

is it not 'Bare with'

*please be wrong famine FOR ONCE :D*

(post will be edited once results are up)

"Bear with me,” the standard expression, is a request for forbearance or patience. “Bare with me” would be an invitation to undress.

Edit, Famine got in first.

If you guys want to be naked, that's your bag.

To be honest, not on the top of my to do list. However I thought bear was only used as the mammal bear.

my bad :D

Listen you two, Famine doesn't make mistakes, not even whilst driving this weekend, well ok but only once in Zonda race car round trial mountain. I don't recall any others that wern't caused by other people.

I realized, he celebrated being 6th at suzuka west so he didnt crash at turn 1 :lol:

Listen you two, Famine doesn't make mistakes, not even whilst driving this weekend, well ok but only once in Zonda race car round trial mountain. I don't recall any others that wern't caused by other people.

No, I do remember something coming from his mouth in the Enduro.

Although he did make a mistake on teh pick 'n' mix organization :D

"Och aye the noo" by any chance :D?

:lol:

Looking at the car choices & enduro lineups, I'm sure that you guys & girls must've had a tonne of fun! Looking forward to seeing your race descriptions and results too! 👍
Now knowing how much preparation goes into selecting lineups for events, I can appreciate the hard work that Andrew puts in to get these GT parties going. Not sure I'd like to try and organise 21 drivers though! :nervous:

:lol:

Looking at the car choices & enduro lineups, I'm sure that you guys & girls must've had a tonne of fun! Looking forward to seeing your race descriptions and results too! 👍
Now knowing how much preparation goes into selecting lineups for events, I can appreciate the hard work that Andrew puts in to get these GT parties going. Not sure I'd like to try and organise 21 drivers though! :nervous:

Especially not in your garage. T'would become a bit stuffy.;) Plus, if you're going to be nervous about anything, save it for the earthquakes. :nervous::scared:

Hmmm, productive.

The write-up is write-up-ifying. I took a week off to remove all of my grey hairs, and then I had to set up a 4-way LAN 40 miles away last night for some inexplicable reason. And write it up. For publication. By now.

Team Automatic - AMG., Queen Bee/sukerkin, Car-Less

What's really scary about Team Automatic, is that all of it's members apart from Queen Bee are in the 100000 A-Spec points club! :eek:
That's pretty impressive for slushmatic drivers! :D

A nice insight there, Smallhorses.

I don't want to spoil the observation, because it's still 66% true, but I wasn't actually there for the Sunday due to the catastrophic effects of a bevy of mixed ... er ... bevvies :lol:.

So Team Automatic must've comprised of AMG, Queen Bee and Car-Less.

Queen Bee assumed your identity for the Sunday. We dressed her in BRG for the occasion.

Why can't I type AMQ in capitals, it reverts back to single case after the capital.

Well I can now, weird.

Anyone, what does AMQ stand for?

Why can't I type AMQ in capitals, it reverts back to single case after the capital.

Well I can now, weird.

Anyone, what does AMQ stand for?

It's a forum thing - you can't capitalise everything in a post. If you do, it keeps the first letter of everyword in capitals and lower-cases everything else.

There is a way round it, as used by MistaX and sn00pie fairly often, but I'm not telling what it is.

What's really scary about Team Automatic, is that all of it's members apart from Queen Bee are in the 100000 A-Spec points club! :eek:
That's pretty impressive for slushmatic drivers! :D

It's been a while since my last visit here but I'm sure Roo, Vexd and yourself, amongst others not mentioned specifically, will be happy to hear I have made the transition to MT. On short tracks like ARmini I mess still a lot still but on other tracks I'm doing ok. :)

OI dont dis the slushmatic ;), I only ever had it on the AMG and for city traffic with a sjitload of queueueueues it's a godsend. The Porsche clutch is taking a beating in this traffic.

AMG.

I wouldn't order a DB9 Volante without a slushbox. Th 6HP26 with paddles is that good.

Got any results then? ;)

Raise your hands if you think Famine should be shot?

Come on, it's not as though you can have anything else going on in your life.

We want results, we want results!

I'll give him a kick. I'm working for the next three nights so he's got no excuse ;)

Back