◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,530 comments
I would also like everyone that is going to participate, whether you were there last Saturday or not, to post that you'll be taking part. This is so I can put together a drivers list/overall season standings in the previous post detailing the event. Thanks!:)

I'm planning to take part if I'm not working this weekend

Last edited:
zer05ive
Hi Aguilar, your flag looks like the Portuguese flag. Do you really live in Portugal? If so, you'd be racing with us at 2am. If you're willing to stay up to race with us, I'd be willing to give your internet connection a shot ;)

If your internet connection proves to be solid, you can race with us on any night except for Sunday night. That's because Sunday night is our official league night and I simply don't want to risk an overseas connection during the one night a week when we keep score.

If that's all okay with you, take a look at our schedule and let me know which event you want to participate in so that we can test your internet connection.

Yes, i live in Portugal. Sorry i coulnd go anyway to yesterdays race.

Do i need to register anywhere?

Cheers

Lets see, we start at 2100 EDT, which is -5 to GMT, so it would be 0200 GMT. Technically since America is in daylight saving, we are only -4 hours from GMT. Is daylight saving a American phenomena? BTW, Aguilar, If I'm understanding all of this right, you will be racing at 3am. If your Country doesnt observe daylights saving, then in Novemeber, that time will change to 2am.

Last edited:
I can only be on gt5 up to 8:30pm gmt :(
That would work if you lived in California or Hawaii!:rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm going to start doing a mid day practice session, possibly more if I get a lot of participation. I have more of my own free time during the afternoon then at night. Since at night I have a family to share my free time with.

Every event that we currently have is at 10:00 EDT. Which is 2:00 AM GMT.

Goat, Diabolic, and anyone else interested: Look up Monza on Wikipedia. Apparently that oval hasn't been used for 50 years and is now in pretty rough shape. At one point they had what is basically the current layout (minus chicanes) attached to the oval, making for one very long, very fast course.

DLC! DLC! DLC! …please…

Last edited:
Updated with drivers list, I couldn't remember everyone that was there last Saturday. I'll look at the replay and add anyone I missed. See you all Saturday evening for the official start!:)👍

Please add me to the drivers list for Saturday night:tup:

Goat, Diabolic, and anyone else interested: Look up Monza on Wikipedia. Apparently that oval hasn't been used for 50 years and is now in pretty rough shape. At one point they had what is basically the current layout (minus chicanes) attached to the oval, making for one very long, very fast course.

DLC! DLC! DLC! …please…

You should check this out. www.wmdportal.com

It doesn't have the original Monza with the oval, but it does have the really fast no-chicane setup, like this.

Monza_1957.jpg

It also has the old Hockenheimring. And Bathurst, which is super fun.

zer0, at some point, I'll edit one of my earlier posts in the thread and consolidate all the banners.

I may redo the earlier ones to maintain some consistency.

EDIT: Please let me know which banner format is preferred. If there's something that everyone likes, I can do them all to match. Different colors for the bottom backgrounds? All the same? The gold letters? Chrome letters? Upside-down letters?

I'm going to complile them all in one place and put a link in this post so they can be more easily compared. I'll also add a quickie for Wednesday.

vvv Current Banner Compilation vvv

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6912715#post6912715

Last edited:
Are there races in the UK afternoon?

Not usually since the majority either work or go to Uni....except for diabolic, he's recharging during the day :sly:

However, if you jump in one of the division lounges for practice (or just to try out whatever takes your fancy from your garage), post it up on here as some of us might be able to join you :)

first attempt at parity banner:

ParitySeries.png

I like it. The only thing I can think to make it better would be: It is hard to see the SNAIL on the GT logo. Not sure how to punch that up a bit.

I guess I'll keep doing the Tuesday thing in the D2 lounge. I should go ahead and post car and tracks for next week.

When I first put the SNAIL on there, I had it more off and with a lighter outline. It was easier to see, but looked contrived.

This way it becomes part of the logo, not something overlaid.

Instead of "oh, there's the GT logo with SNAIL on top of it" you see "oh, there's the SNAIL GT logo"

Btw i would like to join todays race, diabolic friday, but in what time (gmt) it is?

As Rally said, Eastern time zone is -4 to GMT which would make the races begin at 02:00 GMT, 03:00 BDT (British Daylight Savings). I'm not sure which timezone Portugal is in and whether you observe Daylight Savings time. Hopefully you've dealt with this before and are good at math :)

As was said, all of our races begin at 22:00 EDT, which is either way after or before the latest time you can play :(

The SNAIL_DivisionX lounges are open for practice and play, please use the appropriate lounge based on our lounge use policy. Just post in the thread that you're heading to the track, you may find someone able to join you.

EDIT: Please let me know which banner format is preferred. If there's something that everyone likes, I can do them all to match. Different colors for the bottom backgrounds? All the same? The gold letters? Chrome letters? Upside-down letters?

I prefer them having their own style to be honest. They're similar enough to provide consistency and individual enough to make each event stand out.

As long as the event hosts are happy, I'd say run with it!

And not to gush but, well done sir 👍

I like these four. I like that they have different colors across the bottom. I would say standardize the font color and style across the bottom and standardize the yellow corner stripe.

Now, not that it matters, but I like how the highlight across the blue one is diagonal. I like that better than the way the colored areas are highlighted across the rest. But, I like the others, too. Either way, I'd say standardize that, too.

Getting ready to go home for the weekend. :D

Everyone else can throw in their pennies, and I'll continue work on Monday with updates and maybe a banner for Sunday nights. :cool:

Btw i would like to join todays race, diabolic friday, but in what time (gmt) it is?

With all the daylight savings rules, I'm not exactly sure what time our events take place in GMT, but let's just say that tonight's event will be taking place exactly 7.5 hours from time stamp on this post. I've just send you friend requests from our divisional accounts. As shown in our schedule, tonight's Diabolic Friday event will occur in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge. See you tonight!

Okay, we'll find a way to accommodate all of you European drivers who are wanting to participate in our races. I've sent you friend requests from our divisional accounts (which I see that you've already accepted) so that you can participate in whatever we come up with that meets your schedule. Stay tuned for more details, we'll make this work for you somehow! 👍

I'm going to start doing a mid day practice session, possibly more if I get a lot of participation. I have more of my own free time during the afternoon then at night. Since at night I have a family to share my free time with.

Rally, what days of the week would you be able to host mid-day sessions? I think the best way to have GMT-friendly races would be to have them mid-day in the U.S. so that it will be in the evening in Europe. What do you think?

Getting ready to go home for the weekend. :D

Everyone else can throw in their pennies, and I'll continue work on Monday with updates and maybe a banner for Sunday nights. :cool:

I would like/prefer the text in mine to not be slanted or bold. my favorite is the the parity banner. Could you lose the flames on mine and make a colored box like the ones for parity and wednsday? Fade the black down to an orange? Or maybe fade orange and wire..just so long as its a nifty box using the same font as the parity banner.

Last edited:
Please add me to the drivers list for Saturday night:tup:

Will do! Looks like we'll almost have a full grid for Saturday. I just posted over in the interest check section of the racing series section. Hopefully we'll get a few more people join up there. I don't know if I'll be able to make it like last night though. If I do it won't be until around 11pm.

Hey everyone, I joined GTP a couple weeks ago. I'm really interested in joining your group and racing with you all. I'm not sure I'll be able to make every Sunday event, but I'll be on when I can.

I would like/prefer the text in mine to not be slanted or bold. my favorite is the the parity banner. Could you lose the flames on mine and make a colored box like the ones for parity and wednsday? Try a shade of light orange maybe?

No problem. I'll knock it out on Monday.

Latest Posts

Back