◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,633 comments
My friend is letting me borrow RockSmith, and I can honestly say I notice myself actually learning guitar.

👍

I got the Squier and the Mustang guitar, no patience for it.

Closer to the Heart, Solo High Score!!!

Last edited:
I would like to join this league. I'm about to go buy the required cars, although I may not be able to race this Sunday. Are they going to be the same cars next week? I'm looking for somewhere to race tonight, though. Also, there is no tuning allowed whatsoever? Not even brake balance? Sorry if I missed that part

Brake balance is actually the only thing it will let you change when Tuning Prohibited is turned on.

I would like to join this league. I'm about to go buy the required cars, although I may not be able to race this Sunday. Are they going to be the same cars next week? I'm looking for somewhere to race tonight, though. Also, there is no tuning allowed whatsoever? Not even brake balance? Sorry if I missed that part

Hey tcoffin014,

As Vol said, the only tuning allowed is brake balance, no parts added or changed from stock at all.

Each week we replace one car/track combo and one car or track, one car/track combo stays the same. The details of how this happens are in the first post.

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be starting in Division 3. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the different lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Sorry, gents. The network booted me. Just as well. I was pretty much finished, anyway.

Thanks Sharkie for the tutoring, eventhough I wasn't there till Eiger. Honestly, if you have Thursdays at 10pm EST free, you should be at tutoring.

Man shuffle racing is awesome! Great turn out tonight! Wish I could raced more, but had to finish on q two win high note. Time for bed!

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the different lounges.

Yeesh, that breakdown post was really outdated! I've spruced is up a bit, mainly by simplifying it. More importantly, I changed the tone of the post from "what if we did this?" to more of a "this is how we do it!" :D

Thanks Sharkie for the tutoring, eventhough I wasn't there till Eiger. Honestly, if you have Thursdays at 10pm EST free, you should be at tutoring.

Agreed. Tutoring can literally take seconds off your laps times, especially if you don't know a particular track very well. However, a lot of the emphasis is around racing techniques in general so that you are better equipped to run faster laps on any track. 👍

Snails, please remember that tutoring is a "use it or lose it" type of benefit. If none of you show up for it, then why would Sharkie and Mopar bother showing up for it either? After all, they're taking time out of their schedules to teach others. I'll get off my soapbox now because I saw several of you in there tonight. That was good to see. :)

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but at what time does the racing start on Sunday? I don't see that in the first post or on the schedule.

Sundays races start at 10 eastern time.

Had this question a couple of times recently, gonna have to look into the layout.

Excellent feedback. I've updated the original post (specifically the first paragraph) to make finding our start time much more difficult to overlook (it was previously only listed at the very bottom of the post). I've also included a link to the S.N.A.I.L. Racing Series in the first paragraph as well. That way, people know right away that we don't just race on Sunday nights. :sly:

A random post from a new gtplanet member "Me" which could'nt have been possible without the computing genius of zer05ive lol. I'VE FINALLY POSTED. lol

I'll finally be able to make it to events now! My id is Eat_Lead89

Hey Lead,

Glad you're able to get involved now.

I'll move you to Division 3 in the drivers list, you'll be starting there. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

I would be interested in joining your racing series. PSN bigbarnesbefast

Hey bigbarnesbefast,

Somethings telling me you like Mazda's ;)

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be starting in Division 3. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

I just wanna say thanks again for making it out last night snail. Had some of my intense shuffle races today. We got some good talent signing up. And I've raced jd-chase before in some other "touge at the nur" before this. He's pretty fast. Probably one of the best shuffle rooms I've been in. And what did I say about Subies. They are the best shuffle cars to get. Or that concept thing goat got.

hows that real? Both my rx7's ran well over 160k miles with no engine troubles outside of normal ish like old vacuum lines splitting and needing replacements, and general maintenance, such as cap, rotor, wires, plugs filters, etc. Hell, my 2001 Jeep and Audi TT are more maintenance nightmares then either of my rotaries are/were. My current rx7 is on its third engine, and the other two were both running strong when I pulled and sold them. The only thing with them is that the rotary isn't for people who don't a) check their oil often, and b) to lazy to do proper maintenance. Hell, even the ford focus I had bought had more issues then either of my rx-7. and that I bought brand new, both 7's were/are 85's.
The rotary got a bad rap, because in the developement stages, some manufactures (audi, chrysler, GM, ford, Nissan, who actually bought the NSU company that originally produced the rotary back in the 50's and 60's) where having issues figuring out how to keep wear to an acceptable level. No one could figure it out. Mazda kept plugging about at it though until they finally got the alloys down to coat the inside of the housings right. The rotary was very reliable, all the way up to the FD rx7. then things went a little south. However, that wasnt because of the engine, but more because the engineers in there infinite over complicate everything wisdom, decided to throw a twin turbo super heater into the mix without adequate cooling. But there are some simple fixes you can do to a third gen as well, all of which involve the turbo and getting proper cooling going on, and that engine will go well over 100k miles as well. Any "break down, always breaking, need to to a rebuild every 30k" bs myths are unfortunately unfound rubbish passed on by the un-rotary-educated.

hows that real? Both my rx7's ran well over 160k miles with no engine troubles outside of normal ish like old vacuum lines splitting and needing replacements, and general maintenance, such as cap, rotor, wires, plugs filters, etc. Hell, my 2001 Jeep and Audi TT are more maintenance nightmares then either of my rotaries are/were. My current rx7 is on its third engine, and the other two were both running strong when I pulled and sold them. The only thing with them is that the rotary isn't for people who don't a) check their oil often, and b) to lazy to do proper maintenance. Hell, even the ford focus I had bought had more issues then either of my rx-7. and that I bought brand new, both 7's were/are 85's.
The rotary got a bad rap, because in the developement stages, some manufactures (audi, chrysler, GM, ford, Nissan, who actually bought the NSU company that originally produced the rotary back in the 50's and 60's) where having issues figuring out how to keep wear to an acceptable level. No one could figure it out. Mazda kept plugging about at it though until they finally got the alloys down to coat the inside of the housings right. The rotary was very reliable, all the way up to the FD rx7. then things went a little south. However, that wasnt because of the engine, but more because the engineers in there infinite over complicate everything wisdom, decided to throw a twin turbo super heater into the mix without adequate cooling. But there are some simple fixes you can do to a third gen as well, all of which involve the turbo and getting proper cooling going on, and that engine will go well over 100k miles as well. Any "break down, always breaking, need to to a rebuild every 30k" bs myths are unfortunately unfound rubbish passed on by the un-rotary-educated.

Seems the rotary folks are a little touchy this morning :lol:

Back