◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,648 comments
Yeah, my problem is I'm self employed and work out of the house/out on the field. Half my work is out then the other half involves being on the computer, editing, taking calls and orders etc. So it's not like I have a "schedule". And my wife is not exactly happy to see me playing a stupid game when I could/should be working. So I can't practice during the day. My nights start around 9pm. Unless one or both my kids have games...each kid as a game twice a week. Which basically has us out of the house at 5pm and back at 9pm for showers/bed. AFTER all that, if it's not an "official" race night then the wife wants to spend some time with me relaxing and watching TV or something.

I would LOVE to schedule practice time...but everyone's situation is different. Working for yourself is a non stop situation.

So while you may have twice as many jobs and kids, my work hours and child time are much different.
When I decided life with SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) was more important to me than going Mach 1.6 with my hair on fire and possibly suffering the final Oh S@@@ moment...we left the USAF and went back to the REAL world. We worked for other people and decided that sucked ...and in order...owned a small inn/B&B,a Tack Shop ,and Waterfowl Art Shop.... which morphed into one of the very first online sales catalogs. As a very astute small business owner/sage once said "when you own your own business you can choose your own working hours.....AS LONG AS IT IS ALL OF THEM." It can be satisfying but rarely makes one rich. I know.
As to the " silly game"...SWIMBO and I have come to an understanding that what has become vitally important to me is just that. Pretend I packed my OVERNIGHT BAG and went TDY (temporary duty) to the dark side of the moon. I will return..and guess what...this won't kill me...and it costs one hell of allot less than a nice classic racer and a class c to pull it.

On another note....please tell me I don't have to chase Alien around for another month...we are team mates in a new endurance series but that is different.....

When I decided life with SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) was more important to me than going Mach 1.6 with my hair on fire and possibly suffering the final Oh S@@@ moment...we left the USAF and went back to the REAL world. We worked for other people and decided that sucked ...and in order...owned a small inn/B&B,a Tack Shop ,and Waterfowl Art Shop.... which morphed into one of the very first online sales catalogs. As a very astute small business owner/sage once said "when you own your own business you can choose your own working hours.....AS LONG AS IT IS ALL OF THEM." It can be satisfying but rarely makes one rich. I know.
As to the " silly game"...SWIMBO and I have come to an understanding that what has become vitally important to me is just that. Pretend I packed my OVERNIGHT BAG and went TDY (temporary duty) to the dark side of the moon. I will return..and guess what...this won't kill me...and it costs one hell of allot less than a nice classic racer and a class c to pull it.

On another note....please tell me I don't have to chase Alien around for another month...we are team mates in a new endurance series but that is different.....

I'll have a practice room open about 3 Eastern Time

Attention D1:
Tonight I will running D1 as "friends only"
If u are planning to race in D1 tonight and I'm not on your friends list please send a friend requests to dgafaboutany1420 by 8:45 est. if not sent by that time u will not be able to race tonight. Thanks

Let copy that most awesome post :) Fully crediting @dgaf95integra ...

Attention D3:
Tonight I will be running D3 as "friends only"
If u are planning to race in D3 tonight and I'm not on your friends list please send a friend requests to Ice_Warden by 8:30 est. if not sent by that time you will not be able to race tonight. Thanks

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Promotion and relegation for the month is done (it was done Friday and ready to go before I left for the night and all day Saturday and Oshawa-Joe was notified but that's another story).

Please take a look here to see the division alignment for this month. This shows all full time and part time drivers. It does not show inactive drivers.

The part time drivers are listed below. Please remember that these are only the part time drivers.

The official drivers list will be updated sometime.

D1 –
Adventuruss Adventuruss 129
GTP_Benz-27 Benz-27 119
SPEED14231234 fiestauk 79.1
scca_ziptie scca_ziptie 69
WhalesNPals WhalesNPals 65
zstovall zstovall 60
Fastfox400 fastfox400 26
hillracing hillracing 0
PA98MA99 Panos Argitis 0
Mighty_mopar irmopars 0
GTP_Worst_Driver 0
GumballCGT GumballCGT 0
VELOCI_2NR VELOCI_2NR 0
GTP_Ph7shr Ph1sher 0
dangerzone641 dangerzone641 0

D2 –
AG07WRXTR AG07WRXTR 154
vincentq4 varga 138
racefan78 racefan78 107
msgt-sd msgt-sd 83
ariemilian ariemilian 63
x3n0-asx d3uc3_dropp3r 53
QwietStorm03 qwietstorm 50
GTP_Michelin9960 Michelin 45
Troggeh Troggy 15
DrKronin DrKronin 0

D3 -
LeoStrop LeoStrop 135
turnupdaheat turnupdaheat 102
albionstar GTP_macca 29
Introculo Intro 29
fereck criscr 0
tcrash15 fzappa 0

D4 –
canuckleheadII canuckleheadII 123
SRFXGHK-1 Callum DOTT 69
DoublePass DMacs13 63
slammed180 slammed180 47
AJHG1000 AJHG1000 33
Spooky_pants2 Mathew_s 32
Driftin_Assassin DriftinAssassin 24
rankings18b rankings18 0
whatbadgerseat whatbadgerseat 0
OxideKart17 OxideKart17 0
SCREAMING_CHIEF screaming_chief 0
jones3619 jones3619 0
zer05ive zer05ive 0

D5 -
USERID_77a23 USERID_77a23 151
GTP_pyxen pyxen 79
rmd2k1 rmd2k1 21
EvoSpec10 EvoSpecX 20
ChuthuluGoat Chiochan 19

D6 -
RebelYeller73 RebelYeller73 48
Vinnybear-O1 mopar440 0

D7 –
Rolly21581 Rolly21581 134
flip_jj FlipJ 90
Leez_ Bacon Strips 30
THE_GUMSLINGER Ccraft 23
elsbury2 elsbury2 12
tevesh2 tevesh2 0
Oneied Oneied 0

D8 –
PICHON617 PICHON617 137
FBR_Steve FBR_Steve 101
autoximpreza autoximpreza 73
STaLLiOnO_- STALLIONO 64

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Apr 27 2014
Penalty Rate 91%
Banner by dabneyd

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Handlebar and tezgm99 for their reviews this week
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's and results sheets.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Introducing the GranStand.
The GranStand racing stand system is fully modular, allowing for customization beyond the efforts of many others on the market. This also allows for selection of a model that fits not only your needs, but your budget as well, and always allows for additional modules.

The GranStand Challenge III Points have been updated with the races run on April 27th and completes the March - April 2014 Challenge. If you find something amiss with your points, let me know asap, thanks!​

>>> GrandStand Challenge III Point Standings <<<

Don't forget your exclusive S.N.A.I.L. discount on all GranStand products!

Ugh.. Moved to D4, not ready for that. Was getting comfortable in D5. Oh well, I'll bring my best! Also going through the official list (I know it's not updated yet), who is host ?

TEX did a nice job in D5 with very few connection issues so I would nominate him (sorry TEX)

I'm not sure I'll be near my ps3 early enough to get a friend's request

Just trying to stay ahead...

Let copy that most awesome post :) Fully crediting @dgaf95integra ...

Attention D3:
Tonight I will be running D3 as "friends only"
If u are planning to race in D3 tonight and I'm not on your friends list please send a friend requests to Ice_Warden by 8:30 est. if not sent by that time you will not be able to race tonight. Thanks
Just sent Ice warden a friend request 4:15 eastern

Who is the coordinator or whatever for D5? I'm wondering because TEX was hosting last Sunday I believe (noticed he is in D4 now) and I don't know if I have to add someone else to get into the room.

Edit: Just looked at the driver list and it says Skills is the D5 coordinator, do I need to add him to race tonight?

Edit: Duh I do... :dunce:

Last edited:
Lots of names moving to new divisions. I urge everyone to check the doc @JLBowler posted and make friends with the room hosts asap!

When 9pm comes and you can't race tonight then you have no one to blame but yourself.

It's Sunday boys. Get your fecal matter together!

Back