◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,648 comments
Lol I don't think I qualified that high, I wish I could on that electric car. But I was able to to get ahold of the tech department of Sony this morning, after chewing them a new one I find out why it was deactivated in their eyes and continuing to stay that way. I was in an online room a day ago messing around on the Nordschliefe when a couple joined who had some very weird looking cars. They were Toyota FT-1's with extreme amount of downforce and had the wing characterisitics of the Nissan Xanavi Nismo. Not knowing any better I raced them thinking that maybe this was a dlc car that had been released and got severly smoked. Apparently these guys were modders according to Sony and they mistaked me as one also since I was in the same room racing them. I was pretty ticked when the guy at Sony was telling me this and he stated that Sony is working in conjuction with PD to put an end to this. I explained that I was in a racing league and didn't need to mod, I wouldn't know the first thing about it or even how to get started. As convincing as I thought my defense was it still didn't change their mind and now my account is no good because of this. They apparently have deactivated hundreds of accounts due to this and are going to continue to do so from now on for anyone who is found in these rooms. That's the answer I received from them so I'm not a happy camper with Sony right now, just don't see how its fair.
So you just entered a random room and raced them "normal/straight" and then they cancelled your account? For what reason??:confused:

So you just entered a random room and raced them "normal/straight" and then they cancelled your account? For what reason??:confused:

The two guys in there were modders and for some reason Sony and PD had the bright idea I was also, life lessons I suppose wrong place wrong time

That's just a terrifying story. I was racing some randoms the other day just to see how my "SNAIL training" has paid off (worked out pretty well). Gotta be careful from now on...

Last night in D3 makes me feel like taking this month off. When you mix the relegated D2 guys (thinking Prize A is a no brainer) with the promoted and ambitious D4 guys (who are not used to penalty off driving) and the laid back current D3 roster...it was like a track full of Tasmanian devils :)

Mix that with combo 2 and it was a recipe for disaster. Losing it in the tunnel is one thing. Causing collisions and pile ups is another. But to then drive off leaving the carnage you caused behind is telling.

Lol I don't think I qualified that high, I wish I could on that electric car. But I was able to to get ahold of the tech department of Sony this morning, after chewing them a new one I find out why it was deactivated in their eyes and continuing to stay that way. I was in an online room a day ago messing around on the Nordschliefe when a couple joined who had some very weird looking cars. They were Toyota FT-1's with extreme amount of downforce and had the wing characterisitics of the Nissan Xanavi Nismo. Not knowing any better I raced them thinking that maybe this was a dlc car that had been released and got severly smoked. Apparently these guys were modders according to Sony and they mistaked me as one also since I was in the same room racing them. I was pretty ticked when the guy at Sony was telling me this and he stated that Sony is working in conjuction with PD to put an end to this. I explained that I was in a racing league and didn't need to mod, I wouldn't know the first thing about it or even how to get started. As convincing as I thought my defense was it still didn't change their mind and now my account is no good because of this. They apparently have deactivated hundreds of accounts due to this and are going to continue to do so from now on for anyone who is found in these rooms. That's the answer I received from them so I'm not a happy camper with Sony right now, just don't see how its fair.

You're saying that Sony is banning users simply for being in a room with modders? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Mix that with combo 2 and it was a recipe for disaster. Losing it in the tunnel is one thing. Causing collisions and pile ups is another. But to then drive off leaving the carnage you caused behind is telling.
Ya during the second race in combo 2 I started in 10 and magically came into the tunnel 4th or 5th place and BIG ONE happened and I was thinking, "I would've been **** it I was still back there.

Edit: I did call it though didn't i D6?

Ya during the second race in combo 2 I started in 10 and magically came into the tunnel 4th or 5th place and BIG ONE happened and I was thinking, "I would've been **** it I was still back there.
Yeah but you guys have penalties on. You don't know terror until you are racing with penalties off and headed into the tunnel and see nothing but smoke ahead. :D

In situations like that, people should remember that it really is best to slow down to make sure you clear traffic. If you were driving with a wreck up ahead concealed behind a smokescreen, it's just common sense!

Yeah but you guys have penalties on. You don't know terror until you are racing with penalties off and headed into the tunnel and see nothing but smoke ahead. :D

In situations like that, people should remember that it really is best to slow down to make sure you clear traffic. If you were driving with a wreck up ahead concealed behind a smokescreen, it's just common sense!
I always do drive like there is penalties off because I follow rules that basically say drive as if ghost cars are not ghost.

Name is jimeez. I would like to join in on this series. I am in Oklahoma. cst Thank you.
reposting for jimeez in case it got lost with all the league night posts. Jimeez is a good and clean racer and looking forward to seeing him in snail.

The two guys in there were modders and for some reason Sony and PD had the bright idea I was also, life lessons I suppose wrong place wrong time

If my account go nailed for that and I didn't do anything wrong. They would be taken literally hundreds if not a thousand plus dollars in purchased content away.

Something needs to give. Myself thankfully don't have to worry. However I would be looking to hurt someone over it.

I assume you didn't have any monetary investment in DLC or such tied to the name? If so then you should keep at Sony until your account is reinstated.

@Oshawa-Joe when you get the chance can you update my PSN name? aliengamer25 was deactivated by Sony, my new one is alienxgamer25. I also am in Division 6 now instead of 7, thank you.
You're saying that Sony is banning users simply for being in a room with modders? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

No I'm just saying they mistakenly thought I was one of them because I was in the same room
If my account go nailed for that and I didn't do anything wrong. They would be taken literally hundreds if not a thousand plus dollars in purchased content away.

No DLC thank god

Something needs to give. Myself thankfully don't have to worry. However I would be looking to hurt someone over it.

I assume you didn't have any monetary investment in DLC or such tied to the name? If so then you should keep at Sony until your account is reinstated.

Name is jimeez. I would like to join in on this series. I am in Oklahoma. cst Thank you.
@jimeez,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Sadly to say Mirado that was a supervisor, I mean I understand to an extent but on the other hand I don't. I guess they really mean business on this stuff unlike GT5 when they didn't care what happened for the longest time. Still pretty sad that they have to be like that, oh well I suppose off to start again
Just joking on the like. Talk to the powers what be in the leagues you are in and try to get a psn as close so as to be recognizable....I have intentionally restarted Gt6 because I was bored....long before online racing....your only problem is going to be money....get the supervisor back and explain the league thing and ask if others vouch for you it will make any difference

Just joking on the like. Talk to the powers what be in the leagues you are in and try to get a psn as close so as to be recognizable....I have intentionally restarted Gt6 because I was bored....long before online racing....your only problem is going to be money....get the supervisor back and explain the league thing and ask if others vouch for you it will make any difference

Yea I created a new one about an hour ago, lots of work to do but ill think ill be good on money I've already flown into the start of National A's so by Wednesday ill have enough bonus for the redbull to pay decent

Hopefully none of the Free Cars will be chosen as a Combo.
Have not been interested in the GT "events" this time around. Just concentrating on the SNAIL competitions.

Great racing last night with the west coast boys. Qualifying took care of most of the dirty work but there were a couple good battles here and there. Not looking forward to practicing with that Toyota for another week though. I like the "nuke" idea.

@JLBowler @Oshawa-Joe

Can @THRASH be removed from the inactive list and placed in a division. The rest of D5 assured me he was in D5, so I didn't argue, being the new guy that happened to be hosting. But it would seem prudent that he is officially listed somewhere besides the inactive list.

Wow. That REALLY sucks dude. Tottaly unfair. They wouldn't even budge a bit?

Back