◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Sharkie,

I'm really bad at a lot of things, not just racing, I'm bad typing too, I always get misunderstood, and that's my fault, I appreciate your help too, if I'm not mistaken, I sent you a pm afterwards, and I didn't want to be redundant. And it's really not the driving aids, it's anything but racing tires, I just slide all over the place, it's rediculous, and it's driving with others, I'm so worried I'm going to get in their way, I either wreck myself or I wreck them, I'm practicing daily with the arcade computer guys, I upped the difficulty to 10, and I'm trying to win without smashing into them, hasn't happened yet, but it will, see you all soon.

Hey Glen! Just my dime, I stink on the track but one thing I learned from a different racing life is that sometimes you need to slow down to go faster (if that makes any sense) I too struggled with weaning myself off the Racing Soft teat but once I did I found driving and racing to be so much more of a rush. A few Sundays ago, Sharkie had us driving the Alpha Romeo 8c and it was a huge handful but once I started to figure out how it worked, (I have to say it was one of the most difficult cars to drive) I had an amazing amount of fun with it!! I guess I am saying don't give up entirely just yet...

Thanks Exo, I actually did better tonight in tutoring, I went from a 1:15 to a 1:14 at Tsukuba, went from a 2:30 to a 2:25 at Nuremberg, and went from a 2:41 to a 2:36 at Spa, I still have a ways to go, and that wasn't in traffic, but it's a big improvement in one night, definitely had some good people and a great teacher in there tonight, thanks!

Yea im planning on joining yall saturday evening.. is the BMW gtr a spec race too?? As in no tuning or parts added? If so is there anyway to remove engine upgrades? Or can i jus detune to a specified PP level?

I'm setting up my lounge now, though I don't have many friends online playing GT5 right now. If no one shows up by 8:05 or so maybe I'll go to the Div 3 Lounge instead, so people don't have to friend me.

Edit: In fact, I'm just going to go straight to the Division 1 Lounge. Of all the people that were interested, all were either S.N.A.I.L. members, or not on my friends list. Either way, using my room is not necessary and more people will probably show up in the Div 1 Lounge. When it gets close to 10 people can either get set up for tutoring or leave for whatever else they want to do.

EDIT2: Okay, no one showed up. I guess tonight was a bad night. How about tomorrow night at 10 in the Division 3 Room? It would be alongside Diabolic Friday but at least people might be able to attend.
I'm still new to SNAIL so I'm not totally sure how many people attend each event, but it appears to get any attendance, it's going to have to conflict with something. :/

The best way to get good attendance from SNAILs (or anyone else for that matter) is to post details about it well in advance of the event itself. Everyone on this thread is pretty accustomed to our established schedule so you're going to need to provide more notice than just a couple of hours if you want some good traction.

However, I don't recommend having two competing S.N.A.I.L. events planned for the same day and time. The reason there are two events at the same time on Thursdays is because tutoring is not dependent on large numbers of drivers and the Shuffle Racing is done in the open lobby and tends to be well attended (with or without the help of "pubbers").

All that being said, I recommend going with Rally's suggestion so that we can try out your idea during Monday Mayhem. If it proves to be a popular format, we can start looking for a permanent home for it in within the S.N.A.I.L. Racing Series.

Business and VACATION time is upon the Exo clan! (WooHoo!) I won't be racing on the 20th or the 27th. I tried to talk the missus into letting me pack the PS3 but that went over like a fart in church:crazy:.... Good luck to you all and look forward to racing again when I get home!

:lol: Enjoy the down time Exo!!! See you when you get back.

Yea im planning on joining yall saturday evening.. is the BMW gtr a spec race too?? As in no tuning or parts added? If so is there anyway to remove engine upgrades? Or can i jus detune to a specified PP level?

Yes, we are running it as a spec race. Only thing you allowed to do is and oil change/engine rebuild/chassis rebuild and break the car in. Also you can set up the brake balance to your preferred settings. Everything else must be left as you bought it. I have the race setup to not allow tuning, and it will let you know if your car is not eligible. There is no set pp, we just run the cars fully broken in. See you then.:)

We decided to head out of town for a race on Sunday so I won't be racing. Please don't vote off Spa.

Thanks for letting us know badger. Have fun at the races, I know we will :)

I'm hoping Spa will be there for a while, such an epic test of a driver.

sorry if changing my vote threw things off. i was under the impression that my original vote didn't count anyway since it was marked "in case of position change"

btw racefan, what ticket do your want for your Prize C selection? I know you ended up not getting a tie-breaking vote, but I promise you the ticket of your choice isn't going away!

So we'll be trying the magic headstart racing again tonight at 10. It will be an open lobby so I'll post the room number when I set it up.

Hopefully being an open lobby we'll have a good turnout, though it's going to be hard to explain everything to people without a mic. If you're planning on attending, please read the procedure.

What, did everyone fall asleep today? Haven't seen any posts in a long time. So I thought I just post something to make it active. LOL!

Psycho Tuber
I most likely will not be able to race Sunday.

Bummer psycho. I'll update the drivers list when I get home.

Gonna give Dylans race a go if I get home in time. Anyone else?

zer05ive
Actually, I'm planning on jumping online for "dabneydolic friday" :lol:

But if dabneyd doesn't end up hosting tonight, then I'll give dylan's event a try.

I hadn't heard much about diabolic friday. Wasn't sure it was on. Should have asked, doh.

Edit: dabneybolic 👍

Bummer psycho. I'll update the drivers list when I get home.

Gonna give Dylans race a go if I get home in time. Anyone else?

I'm gonna hop on Dylans race, I remember those challenges back in GT4 and had a lot of fun. Don't think I've seen anyone try to do them in GT5.

I'm gonna hop on Dylans race, I remember those challenges back in GT4 and had a lot of fun. Don't think I've seen anyone try to do them in GT5.

How many laps Saturday night?💡

Was looking to practice and set up tire stratergy.:)

Room is open! Room number is:

1472-6188-3830-2745-3667

I'll be there in a few.

Update for tomorrow's M3 GTR Race Car Challenge:
We will be running 50 Laps of Trial Mountain. Also we will be discussing next weeks possible delay due to the holiday. See you tomorrow!

Back