◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,813 comments
Nick Is on the car now and the gt academy car is currently 4th in class 9th overall
image.jpg

Get a life!!!!!!!
Get an education. Brutal.
I hate it when I have to read a post several times and still not understand what the message was because of an unbelievable lack of context or proper punctuation. There's an app for that.

Last edited:
Hopefully the final tweaks are done. Here is my final submission for consideration. @zer05ive @CoachMK21
Thanks to @GamingPete for the inspiration
Thanks to @DesertPenguin09 and @Lessen for the RUF and Lotus pictures respectively

January 11, 2015 Line-up

View attachment 287574 View attachment 287575 View attachment 287576
Thanks for the new banners! Don't forget to collect $hells! The lineup post has been updated!! :gtpflag:

I assumed the beemer pic was yours, but let me know if I need to credit someone else for it.

Also, any chance you live in British Columbia? What are "Tyres"? :lol:

snailstewardsummary-jpg.259959

Race Date - Sun Jan 04 2015
Penalty Rate 83%
Banner by GamingPete

Below are the results of the 6 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 4 - 1 incident on file
Vtc-16
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points. 1 week probation.

Division 5 - 2 incidents on file
kickenit4evr
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points. 1 week probation.

Division 6 - 2 incidents on file
ExoSphere64
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points halved to 2 for on-track concession. 1 week probation.
TEX-36
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation, halved to 6 points for self report. 4 weeks probation remain.

Division 7 - 1 incident on file.
DesertPenguin09
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, Nail-27, tezgm99 and USERID_77a23 for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's document and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

3 drivers cleared probation this week. Well done! :cheers:

Last edited:
This is the second time someone filed an IR against me without including me in the private conversation. That's not right...

You should be getting an email that includes both you, the person filing the IR, and the steward that will review it. Why not use that as the conversation?

This is the second time someone filed an IR against me without including me in the private conversation. That's not right...

There is no private conversation. When an IR is filed, an email is sent to the email address that you submitted when you registered with SNAIL. I'm pretty sure you were informed of this last week. If you would like to confirm the email address that we have for you, handle it in a private conversation with myself or Dragonwhisky.

I always thought a private conversation was set up with the parties involved and the steward. I hate e-mail. I use it for nothing but making accounts.

I'll look into what happened.

I always thought a private conversation was set up with the parties involved and the steward. I hate e-mail. I use it for nothing but making accounts.

I'll look into what happened.
GTPlanet convos have not been used for IR notification since September or October of 2013.

I must have gotten some convos to clarify IRs. I replied to the e-mail. Simple little thing like re-entry. No worries.
You did. Here.

GTP convos are used for questions and clarifications, not notifications and rebuttals. If you joined SNAIL after September 2013 and followed the instructions here, it was, and is, stated on that page what your email address would be used for.

I believe @CoachMK21 has done some Chumpcar Racing, or similar stuff.

I saw a request for drivers in my area for some LeMons racing. While I am interested, what are some good types questions to ask about the team members or plans before I get too involved with something I may not have understood?

I know the car is (sort of) cheap. Entry fee is $150 for a driver, gear is a few hundred.

I guess my concerns are safety, time, sanity, money - what kinds of questions should I ask to be able to get the skinny on the team?

Last edited:
I believe @CoachMK21 has done some Chumpcar Racing, or similar stuff.

I saw a request for drivers in my area for some LeMons racing. While I am interested, what are some good types questions to ask about the team members or plans before I get too involved with something I may not have understood?

I know the car is (sort of) cheap. Entry fee is $150 for a driver, gear is a few hundred.

I guess my concerns are safety, time, sanity, money - what kinds of questions should I ask to be able to get the skinny on the team?

Right, we raced with ChumpCar. LeMons is basically the same and yes the cars are typically "junk" cars, but at least with ChumpCar, safety is most important. We have to have a roll car and they inspect them to make sure they are done right.

Do they expect you to work on the car prior (or after) to the race?

I'm sure they'll expect you to work on the car during the event and help set up, tear down, etc.

At least with ChumpCar, we had to have a certified SFI race suit, SA 2005 or SA 2010 helmet (SA 2015 comes out in
October, so SA 2005 will be no good at that point), SFI race shoes, gloves, balaclava. We also had to use a HANS device or similar. A neck pad is not sufficient.

I'd ask how many races they've done with the car and how many they finished?
Where their DNF's because of car failure or a crash?

There would be nothing worse than paying and prepping to race, then have the car break before you even get a chance. This is what I can think of at the moment. I think it's a great opportunity to really race cars. I mean, it's RACING!

To clarify, the cars really aren't junk, but they aren't new. Most are in the 80's or early 90's and some older than that too. But they are typically in very good mechanical condition.

@CoachMK21 - It looks like I can get all the remaining driver safety gear from LeMons store for $400 or $600 (+/- a bit) - I have the SA 2010 helmet already.

Good questions - thanks for the intel.

Back