◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,809 comments
Interested in joining.

@SetoNaikai

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

@RobbiefromBC you still going to be at Driver Training? Got my brakes ready today. Front and rear Stoptech stainless steel braided lines, Motul RBF600 fluid, Hawk HP Plus Track pads, I'm all set! :D
I'll be there, but not as a student... Registered too late unfortunately, so my racing license has to wait another year

All new drivers that have run the time trial have received a placement message. The driver's list will get updated tomorrow morning.

It's a good thing I only have one more basketball tourney this season. These 4 AM Saturday mornings and three hour drives are getting a little old.

All new drivers that have run the time trial have received a placement message. The driver's list will get updated tomorrow morning.

It's a good thing I only have one more basketball tourney this season. These 4 AM Saturday mornings and three hour drives are getting a little old.

Very much appreciated what you do @JLBowler going through the time and effort to put each driver in each division per month.

Very much appreciated what you do @JLBowler going through the time and effort to put each driver in each division per month.

Thank you. And on that note, there will be some significant movement after this week and before the start of the new season. The consolidation to 7 divisions combined with my other commitments getting in the way made for a few "misses" this month. I ask for everyone's patience as I get it sorted out and do my best to get everyone where they belong.

That comment should take car of the question that I quoted below as well.

Is tomorrow the start of the new season or is that next week?

I won't change age categories until next year, thank goodness.

;)

SNAILS - Different question... Ok - wife realizes I loathe the minivan - driven it twice since I took my son's car as a backup - and "Lola" can't be my only DD runner, we have two kids, with overlapping pickup and carpool issues.

I want 1 car at home to have the ability to carry 8' 2x4 studs or similar, but infrequently. My wonderful and far better half has a Subaru Outback she loves, we should be good on my requirement. The other, non-Subaru car has to be able to take 4 people for a 500 mile road-trip comfortably. With...Outside chance of 5 people.... The fifth being my 89 year old mother in law joining my over 6' son and nearly 6' daughter in the back. The need for legroom in the back is real.

I am considering a 2001-2003 M5 or maybe an M3 of some era. I wondered about a WRX Sti - not sure on space in back and occasional cargo. I had been looking at a Mazda speed 3 (with Turbo) for cargo, but when I found the cargo worked in my wife's car, I was happy to consider other ideas!

Unsurprisingly...My 'second agenda' is to have a backup DE or Autocross car. I will sell or trade my 2007 Odyssey, but I don't want to go hog wild - I need to leave "Lola" some allowance for new dancing shoes, etc. I am good with RWD as I do not need to commute in snow.

Given the limits above...What would you recommend for... $20,000 or so? DE Capable, 4/5 passenger, 4 door?
I love looking at the prices of the 2001-2005 M5's and thinking Yea that makes sense. But pay attention to the repair costs. Remember it is still an $80k car. For me I would be tempted by one of these. Maybe not the ultimate driving machine but would still be fun. And for a bit more practicality one of these might be fun. Finally if you could get past the hideous look you could think about one of Lola's cousins

I have a question for you all...

Am I able to run a modem with it's own connection on a PS3 without it having to be connected to a computer? Internet would be provided by Verizon...not fios, Verizon.

I have a question for you all...

Am I able to run a modem with it's own connection on a PS3 without it having to be connected to a computer? Internet would be provided by Verizon...not fios, Verizon.
I'm not sure how verizon works but I don't even know how to hook up a PS3 through a computer's internet connection... Mine goes to a router. You could also use the modem by itself I think, but then nothing else will have internet. I haven't tried that though and I don't really know anything about networks.

Those are decent options, @jobyone - the Merc has a slushbox. I had not looked at AMG stuff yet. The Cayenne is not allowed on a track - not near me, at least - because of the center of gravity.

The rear legroom requirement really does limit choices, it seems.

Oh man that's painfully slow....

That is a LMP-1H car running slower than the LMP-2 class leaders, and a gap that I will bet is bigger than the difference in D1 midpack vs D7 midpack at Saarthe tonight.

I wonder if they had been caught in that rain that was mentioned in the article compared to the drive time on the track?

Sorry guys, the last few days have been quite busy, and I havent had the chance to do the banners. I'm at work as we speak, and won't be home before tonight's races to do them.

@zer05ive

SNAILData Logo.png

The SNAIL Sunday Scoring Sheets are prepared and ready to go for tonight. This is the last night for the May 2015 season, so please make sure to get the numbers in asap after the races so that the season can be closed off promptly.

Latest Posts

Back