◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,807 comments
Help!

My PS3 will not turn on. When I push the button it starts to turn on and then turns off, and the red light starts flashing. Anyone know how to fix this?
Before you see the red light flash, does it flash yellow first real quick and then turn red? If so, that's the dreaded YLOD :nervous:
Sounds like what happened to me with the Fat version of the PS3 which i think is called the Red light of death. Their are youtube videos showing how the system can be cleaned out. I believe @zer05ive posted a video showing how the ps3 can be cleaned out without taking apart the system. I didn't know about that video so i had to end up getting a new system with the PS3 slim.
Actually, that process turned out to be pretty useless. I didn't remove any of the dust built up inside my PS3. I ended up using compressed air to remove what I could, but really what I need to do is something like this:

http://www.google.com/search?nomo=1......0...1ac..34.heirloom-hp..1.0.0.hNX7vQTHQMQ
@McTrucker
After googling your problem (see link above) I believe it is the Ylod (yellow light of death) said to be a hard drive failure or the motherboard is fried. I hope this is not the case. If it is, it may be repairable, but a new system may be in the cards for you. It often occurs in the 60GB systems reportedly due to brittle solder. Good luck Mr. McTrucker. My prayers are that this is easier for you than I think it will be.
I really hope it's not the YLOD, but I just came across this video which I found an interesting potential fix. Worth a shot for something as serious as the YLOD I suppose:

Here's a more tedious, but probably more effective method:

Is there anyone out there having the same opinion as me regarding the new GTAcademy Nismo?
That thing is absolutely awful!!!
Doesn't break, doesn't turn and the suspension settings is so stiff that in a second you're on track and on the next you're brushing all the cones out of the way!!!
After 4 or 5 attempts to make at least one lap and before I throw my rig out of the window I decided to try again tomorrow.

So rule check, technically the Nissan GT-R LMP1 car you get for round 4 of GT Academy isn't in the dealership, and its not a DLC car so you don't have to pay money for it, so would it be choosable as a SNAIL car?
Just like the Track Selection Guidelines we discussed last week, the Car Selection Guidelines are a carryover from GT5 there were lots of DLC cars made available through the PlayStation Store (some had to be bought, but some were free). With GT6, PD has changed the way they new cars are made available. The spirit of the original GT5 rule was "any car that can be easily obtainable and didn't cost money". So in that sense, the GT Academy cars would be available for selection. However, you also have to consider what would happen if the car proved to be popular and repeatedly survived elimination votes. GT6 doesn't allow us to share cars like GT5 did so those who don't have the car in let's say a month (e.g. new members) would be SOL. But based on the comments made about the car earlier today, I don't think it'd survive on the lineup very long if selected.

EDIT: Add @NoSkill2Kill's comments directly above to why I don't think it would last very long if selected. Or to put it another way, it probably shouldn't be selected lol

Doubt it. As I surely won't be forcing my way thru gt academy (if I even could) to make it to round 4 to get that car. I never even did round 1 as far as I know
Actually, you just have to record a valid lap time in order to get the car. I didn't participate in Round 1 or Round 2, but I did a lap in Round 3 and got the car. 👍

Oops! Meant to edit the post above, but clicked 'Reply' instead. Might as well address double posts while simultaneously preventing this post from being one. :)

Having the back end step out is better then have the front end push..

is it a double post when the quote's are separate?
a double post is two entrees by the same person 2x in a row. You will see see your avatar twice in a row on the thread. You're example isn't a horrible double post because you are replying to 2 different subjects. It would take a little work to go back and edit an earlier quote, but i can be done.

Here's the official wording of the double posting rule:

“Double posting” occurs when a user makes two consecutive posts, one after another. If this is done for no apparent reason, “double posting” is typically frowned upon and may result in a warning or infraction for “spam”.

However, double-posting is not forbidden, and can be useful in many cases. For example, if a reasonable amount of time has passed or you have significant information to add to the topic, present it in a new post so that others, including thread subscribers, are made aware of the update.

As you can see, my posts were minutes apart, but the topics are completely different so it doesn't matter. However, if I has created a new post just to add an edit (like I did in the above post), then that would have been a double post because I'd just be adding a small additional comment to something I had just posted about.

Last edited:
Before you see the red light flash, does it flash yellow first real quick and then turn red? If so, that's the dreaded YLOD :nervous:

Actually, that process turned out to be pretty useless. I didn't remove any of the dust built up inside my PS3. I ended up using compressed air to remove what I could, but really what I need to do is something like this:

I really hope it's not the YLOD, but I just came across this video which I found an interesting potential fix. Worth a shot for something as serious as the YLOD I suppose:

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get a new system. I have been saving my money to get the T300 & PS4 W/GT7/ when it came out, so this is a pain. I think I will give the tear down a try though.

18059429475_4754621aec_o.jpg

PS4

As the co-series director , we are happy to announce the formation of the new Project CARS World Road Racing Challenge! Taking the lessons learned from both the RCS and TCS series, we bring you the first official SNAIL weekly series using the new Project CARS platform.

The new Project CARS World Road Racing Challenge takes the best from both TCS and RCS as this 4 week per season will feature three 25 minute races each week using different classification of racing cars each week on some of the best tracks Project CARS has to offer.

Below are some of the following detials
  • Using PS4
  • Season 1 starts Tuesday June 9th, 2015
  • Tuesday Nights starting @ 8:00pm eastern (KOQ) with Main Event starting @ 9:00pm eastern
  • Season 1 Schedule - Nurburgring Sprint, Watkins Glen Short, Dubai Autodrome International & Le Circuit Bugatti
  • Season 1 Car - BMW M3 Gr.A (E30)
17424639254_673a9c5154_n.jpg

We are now accepting new drivers by signing up at the official World Road Racing Challenge thread in the Project Cars Sub-forum here at GTPlanet

The first season starts in a couple and would love to have some quality SNAILS join the fun. Space is limited so if your interested, don't delay.

If you have any questions about the series, please let me know. Hope to see you on the track.

Regards, Grim, Zii & Warden
Just to provide an update, we currently have 17 confirmed drivers with only 3 spots remaining for season 1. Tonight we held a full pre-season test and the racing was out outstanding and it looks like we will be ready to kick off the season next week. If your interested in joining us, please sign up today in the official series thread - World Road Racing Challenge. Thanks

I baked my graphics card when it died, and it worked! What happens sometimes is you'll have a solder get a hairline crack in it. Baking it essentially softens the solders enough to reattach the hairline cracks. It worked for my graphics card, so I'd expect it to work for the PS3 as well!

Unfortunately, I've had 2 consoles of each Playstation generation. My PS3 blu ray died, and I managed to get a good deal on a new system with a warranty, so I went with that, and it lasted a good 4 years.

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get a new system. I have been saving my money to get the T300 & PS4 W/GT7/ when it came out, so this is a pain. I think I will give the tear down a try though.
I had this happen to my fat ps3. Turned out being the thermal paste that had lost its ability to tranfer the heat to the heat sinks. I tore mine apart, thoroughly cleaned the old paste off and reapplied with new thermal paste. It worked fine for 2 week intervals, but never was a permanent fix. Ended up getting a newer ps3 as a result. Good luck if you attempt the fix.

Help!

My PS3 will not turn on. When I push the button it starts to turn on and then turns off, and the red light starts flashing. Anyone know how to fix this?

@McTrucker ,I have sent 2 ps3's back to sony for repairs.THey are fast,and they are thorough.When I had mine done,it was about $130.00.Turnaround time about 2 weeks.They are like new now.

By the By,I tried the hairdryer thing,it worked for about 5 minutes!

Is there anyone out there having the same opinion as me regarding the new GTAcademy Nismo?
That thing is absolutely awful!!!
Doesn't break, doesn't turn and the suspension settings is so stiff that in a second you're on track and on the next you're brushing all the cones out of the way!!!
After 4 or 5 attempts to make at least one lap and before I throw my rig out of the window I decided to try again tomorrow.
Yes.

I have to wonder, front wheel drive, hybrid, turbo charged, LMP car, who was the madman who thought this was a good idea?

Big giant front tires on that thing and it won't do squat under braking. After a similar experience to NoSkill, I found the loonier you treat it the better it responds, except under low speed braking. Get all your braking done before you even think about turning.

SNAIL Data for Division 5 is in!

Congratulations to all division winners and a tip of the hat to @chatva for the overall win!

Sunday Night Overview:

Round 1 / Race 1
Pole - @CanuckleheadII - 1:31.791
1st - @chatva
2nd - @TBongX
3rd - @Tangled_Up
Fastest lap - @brian540 - 1:32.460

Round 1 / Race 2
1st - @DesertPenguin09
2nd - @TEX36
3rd - @brian540
Fastest Lap - @chatva - 1:32.143

Round 2 / Race 1
Pole - @Tangled_Up - 1:58.502
1st - @Tangled_Up
2nd - @ExoSphere64
3rd - @DesertPenguin09
Fastest Lap - @ExoSphere64 - 1:58.059

Round 2 / Race 2
1st - @ExoSphere64
2nd - @chatva
3rd - @brian540
Fastest Lap - @ExoSphere64 - 1:58.071

Round 3 / Race 1
Pole - @brian540 - 4:01.126
1st - @brian540
2nd - @singlepaddy
3rd - @DesertPenguin09
Fastest Lap - @DesertPenguin09 - 4:00.172

Round 3 / Race 2
1st - @TEX36
2nd - @chatva
3rd - @DesertPenguin09
Fastest Lap - @DesertPenguin09 - 4:00.907

:cheers: D5

Yes.

I have to wonder, front wheel drive, hybrid, turbo charged, LMP car, who was the madman who thought this was a good idea?

Big giant front tires on that thing and it won't do squat under braking. After a similar experience to NoSkill, I found the loonier you treat it the better it responds, except under low speed braking. Get all your braking done before you even think about turning.
Yeah, definitely giving it a new try today with a different driving approach but if I can't put a decent lap in i will just go cruising around the track to get one and then tuning it myself and finally enjoy it.

Yeah, definitely giving it a new try today with a different driving approach but if I can't put a decent lap in i will just go cruising around the track to get one and then tuning it myself and finally enjoy it.
Lunacy in the fast turns will serve you better and cautiousness in the slower will at least get you through them so you can be a lunatic in the faster ones. I barely broke gold and stopped. Then went and had a look at @msgt-sd 's replay and was eye popping wtfing while watching.

All else I have to say is, 🤬 a bunch of FWD.

I'm not that picky, but a race car not on racing tires and a standard we can't even paint...

C'mon. There's more to a prize choice than just how the car drives. I've got some great ideas.

I'm not that picky, but a race car not on racing tires and a standard we can't even paint...

C'mon. There's more to a prize choice than just how the car drives. I've got some great ideas.

That's nice, win a prize then you can pick. If I had a dollar for every prize pick you complain about the moment it's picked, I'd put Bill Gates bank account to shame.

Now for what's important. Aren't the prizes the wrong way around? I'm reading that since chatva has won prize B this season, he can only have prize C, which means he doesn't get to freeze. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now for what's important. Aren't the prizes the wrong way around? I'm reading that since chatva has won prize B this season, he can only have prize C, which means he doesn't get to freeze. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Because @chatva made a car/track selection this season when he won prize B, he can't make a car/track selection again. Basically, this means that @cmbeal317 can't use a freeze, because that would mean @chatva would select a car/track for a second time this month. Therefore, @chatva has to use the freeze. Is that clear as mud?

That's nice, win a prize then you can pick. If I had a dollar for every prize pick you complain about the moment it's picked, I'd put Bill Gates bank account to shame.

And if no one ever voiced their opinion about things, good or bad, where would we be as a society? I never said once that I don't like the cars themselves, just the nature of them. I'd love if I could paint the 270R but it drives fine. I wish it wasn't standard just or the sake of photos but that's not world-shatteringly bad. And I just wish a race car was on racing tires because race car. Nothing more. It's the principle of it but that's our tire regs and they work so whatevs.

See? Opinions are great!

Back