◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,807 comments
You're right penguin tuning prohibited rooms do allow you to lower the power limiter. How ever it's not what SNAIL does! If it could be done where the only thing changed was the oil that's what snail would do! Well that's the sense I have gotten from the management anyways.
Thank you for a thoughtful response. Unlike others here who just think I'm a joke. I'm sorry, I like rustling feathers and upsetting the status qua. I'm not trying to change the core foundation of SNAIL, I just like discussing things. If that's wrong then I don't want to be right.

Thank you for a thoughtful response. Unlike others here who just think I'm a joke. I'm sorry, I like rustling feathers and upsetting the status qua. I'm not trying to change the core foundation of SNAIL, I just like discussing things. If that's wrong then I don't want to be right.
Yes but like everyone says you come out of left field and don't put in emoji's so it seems like your being serious put alittle more thought into what and how you're typing and you won't get the backlash that you get!

Oh, so now if I don't put any emojis in a post it's instantly misconstrued as having a negative connotation?

Wow... :dunce:

Words of advice so this never happens again: I AM NEVER SERIOUS. This concludes my public service announcement. Have a nice day.

Or how about the rest of you lot don't be so damn negative all the time. Life is good. Enjoy it.
Hay I'm with you bring out the tuning! Lets us use our own damn go karts, and quit being so damn anal! But to some it's not just a game it's there life and the purity of PD is unmatched! I'm sorry but no series out side of V8 series runs insane camber and toe!

It's one thing to ask people not to use a track or something, but when asking people not to be negative? I mean c'mon now you're just nitpicking my posts.

Move on, I did.

Tell that to Falango. He seems to be the only one that takes my posts seriously enough to reply/defend/whatever he wants to do in retaliation.

I never have any malicious intent.

Tell that to Falango. He seems to be the only one that takes my posts seriously enough to reply/defend/whatever he wants to do in retaliation.

Yes but it's when you defend against falango that you can get yourself into trouble! I'm a thread troll I see it all:sly:

As long as the penguin doesn't flip the bird all is good, but please when we have an healthy arugment going, please keep respecting each other.

I understand @DesertPenguin09 's point and, as he says, it is possible to turn down the power without affecting the tuning status. See it as a restrictor plate, not a tune. We have done that in the 90 minute endurance race two weeks ago to have a "handicap" system between divisions and it worked well.

However, If you want to restrict the PP you will have to restrict HP also, because if you don't change oil you will have higher HP for the same PP.

But, I don't think we will do this on a Sunday night - thanks for the suggestion though.

@Die_Birdy_Die

As long as the penguin doesn't flip the bird all is good, but please when we have an healthy arugment going, please keep respecting each other.

I understand @DesertPenguin09 's point and, as he says, it is possible to turn down the power without affecting the tuning status. See it as a restrictor plate, not a tune. We have done that in the 90 minute endurance race two weeks ago to have a "handicap" system between divisions and it worked well.

However, If you want to restrict the PP you will have to restrict HP also, because if you don't change oil you will have higher HP for the same PP.

But, I don't think we will do this on a Sunday night - thanks for the suggestion though.

@Die_Birdy_Die
lol huh why did I get tagged?

Good idea. All he ever wants to do is put people down for having opinions, good or bad.

Yes, I really enjoy putting people down......

I don't come here to stir the pot, I'm not a troll, I don't come here to retaliate. I come here and reply with reason, with facts, and with a realistic point of view. I'm not afraid to speak up. Sometimes I might make a mistake on one of those points, because I'm only human, so kill me for it.

I don't attack people for having an opinion. I support new ideas and opinions, and I know that sometimes my ideas may not be quite right. I end up responding to your posts more because your opinions often come across as being more important than someone elses. You talk about what you want, not what might benefit the group. You talk about things you don't like, which is ok, but when you want things to be changed so that you're happy, at the expense of everyone else, you're going to get some backlash. Expect it.

Last edited:
So I wake up this morning to my phone blown up and my Facebook of people taking about my super fast lap time saying all good things then there's always one sour apple

image.jpg

There's always gotta be ppl that say things they should keep to them self. Lol wasting my time I ran that time on 30min session and I've been training you just see what I want you to see on Facebook :P people should just worrie about them selfs he only wants me to stop running laps cause he can't keep up lol

To all people whom take pictures, HELP.

I am unable to upload any pictures, whether in a group or individually.

How I use to add pictures. I click on "Upload a File", select my pictures , then they start loading, I wait till all are at 100% , click thumbnail or full image, and then post them. real easy and never an issue.

Now none of my pictures are uploading either in a group or by individually. After I select my pictures to upload the screen just shows 0%. They are Jpg images, 1920 x 1080 , ranging in size from 1.1MB to 1.73MB.

I even went back to some older pictures which I have posted and now I can no longer upload them. Just stays at loading with 0%.

Last edited:
So I wake up this morning to my phone blown up and my Facebook of people taking about my super fast lap time saying all good things then there's always one sour apple

View attachment 383130

There's always gotta be ppl that say things they should keep to them self. Lol wasting my time I ran that time on 30min session and I've been training you just see what I want you to see on Facebook :P people should just worrie about them selfs he only wants me to stop running laps cause he can't keep up lol
Sounds like a complement to me Doug! Although if you know your going to be going to the finals why wouldn't you be training and learning all the in and outs of the various variations of Silverstone ( or where ever the will choose to have you do your TT lap) in a wide array of cars?

To all people whom take pictures, HELP.

I am unable to upload any pictures, whether in a group or individually.

How I use to add pictures. I click on "Upload a File", select my pictures , then they start loading, I wait till all are at 100% , click thumbnail or full image, and then post them. real easy and never an issue.

Now none of my pictures are uploading either in a group or by individually. After I select my pictures to upload the screen just shows 0%. They are Jpg images, 1920 x 1080 , ranging in size from 1.1MB to 1.73MB.

I even went back to some older pictures which I have posted and now I can no longer upload them. Just stays at loading with 0%.
Try saving them as .png files. They may be to big as .jpg

Sounds like a complement to me Doug! Although if you know your going to be going to the finals why wouldn't you be training and learning all the in and outs of the various variations of Silverstone ( or where ever the will choose to have you do your TT lap) in a wide array of cars?

Yeah it seemed like a complement, but on the other hand wasting my time lol he has no idea how I spend my time I've been busting my *** working out and geting seat time in real life then when there's time its put into the sim. I figured he just wants me to stop early so he can catch up lol won't happen as I'm just geting warmed up in the Tt

Try saving them as .png files. They may be to big as .jpg

I tried this as a test and the few images to .PNG did upload. ??

I also changed from Mozilla to Chrome and was able to upload all 30 pictures, no issues ??
Thanks Dragon for the link to the Media site. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/media/add?album=true
Once again I was able to upload to that page using Mozilla with out a hitch.

Thank you @Jordan for your time and help.

Yeah it seemed like a complement, but on the other hand wasting my time lol he has no idea how I spend my time I've been busting my *** working out and geting seat time in real life then when there's time its put into the sim. I figured he just wants me to stop early so he can catch up lol won't happen as I'm just geting warmed up in the Tt
Well if he thinks your locked in to the finals, granted it's not even the first weekend yet so to assume your "safe" is ludicrous, it would be a waste of time! Unless you think your going to get a drive for le mans in the LMP 1 ride with that horrible setup that is. But yeah if you want to drive the sim and be the # 1 in north american all the power to you!

I just got the gold and was done with it there's no point for me. Cause I am Canadian! and at the start of round 4 they even felt the need to remind me that I'm not eligible to participate in GTA

Yes, but it's not adding anything. Also it's something that can be controlled/enforced. Just lower the PP and HP regulations in the lobby and people will be forced to power-limit their engines.
Tell you what!
take a car from this week's combo's, any car and tune it down and try to enter a SNAIL sanctioned lobby!

the whole thing about SNAIL is everyone has the same car, the same opportunity to compete on a level that is suitable to their particular skill level in the same car, hence the Divisions!
@TEX36:confused:

Last edited:
Back