◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,648 comments
Capture.PNG

@singlepaddy, @lllTrick, @JCH8r, @Grandpa Money, @Ness, @JJLopez427, @Kgffy. Please make your way to the Registration Form For tomorrow nights RoC

Hey just curious, what's going to happen when GT Sport comes out? Will SNAIL continue to support GT6 and also create a GT Sport division, eventually phasing out GT6 as people begin to buy a PS4? Or will SNAIL strictly be GT Sport when its launched? I guess I could check the archives for when GT6 launched and see how you guys handled it, assuming it will be handled the same. I know it's still down the road but just wondering. I don't own a PS4 but will happily upgrade to continue SNAIL.

I should be on in about an hour for some practice.

Hey just curious, what's going to happen when GT Sport comes out? Will SNAIL continue to support GT6 and also create a GT Sport division, eventually phasing out GT6 as people begin to buy a PS4? Or will SNAIL strictly be GT Sport when its launched? I guess I could check the archives for when GT6 launched and see how you guys handled it, assuming it will be handled the same. I know it's still down the road but just wondering. I don't own a PS4 but will happily upgrade to continue SNAIL.

I'm curious myself. The plan is to move SNAIL to the next suitable version of GT on the PS4 but we cannot be sure that version will be GT Sport or if we will have to wait for GT7. It is unclear whether or not GT Sport will have the Community features that are present on GT6 to allow a league like SNAIL to operate on. It is an eSports title but will all its online racing come under the auspices of the FIA?

Many people seem to think GT Sport will be the new GT7 but it won't be. Amongst other things, it will have a far more limited number of cars which wouldn't suit the format we use here long term. I'm looking forward to its release but I suspect it may end up competing with SNAIL more than facilitating it.

The change from GT5 to GT6 will be almost nothing like the eventual change from GT6 to whatever is next for Sunday night SNAIL. From 5 to 6 was just a new game. From 6 to whatever is next would consist of a new console, new game, and new accessories for a lot of people.

SNAIL will eventually move to the PS4 but it's too early to say if GTS will support what we do here or if the main event will have to wait for either an updated GTS or GT7.

Good morning, Sunshine(s)
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Friday ........ it's the only one The Lord will give you this week, so use it/spend it/marvel in it wisely.

For those of you in The Real World of Racing ........ know that you are envied. That we wish you good success and safety.
Take care,
TEX

well. Im baaaaaaacccckkkk... With news. Lots of it. So much has happened. Dont know where to begin. I want to share it with everyone. But even though im back i want to get to business first because i need your guys help. Is there anyone who knows a way i can communicate with Jordan the founderof gtplanet. I really need to talk to him guys. This is big for me and very VERY important. Guys this is another opportunity to do something so big. Im sorry ive been gone but if this new deal works out then Everything will be worth
it. Help me out guys so i can spill the news but i need Jordan the founder of the website as well.
Im glad you're back safe man.
Can't wait to hear some stories from your travels

No one told the Lord that some people don't work Monday - Friday? Weekends are meaningless!

To Snail Grump:
Most races are on the weekends ....... for weekenders, anyway.
Besides ...... Does someone need to "tell The Lord" anything?
Sorry that "weekends are meaningless" to you Sir Grump

The Lord never worked retail I guess lol. Weekends are the busiest work days of the week! :cheers:
Hmmmm, as I recall He worked 7 days straight creating everything that you know and understand as real/seen/unseen.
I'd say that was busier than a Retail Weekend.

Shared in good natured teasing - not intended to bring religion into our Snail ....... den/hovel/hut.
Have a good weekend - may all your customers be congenial, friendly and have few, if any, complaints.
TEX

Edit: My recall ain't very accurate - He did all the above in 6 days .... Then rested on the 7th.
(I wonder if He had a Retail job on the 7th?)

Last edited:
Good morning, Sunshine(s)
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Friday ........ it's the only one The Lord will give you this week, so use it/spend it/marvel in it wisely.

For those of you in The Real World of Racing ........ know that you are envied. That we wish you good success and safety.
Take care,
TEX
Tex, if only there were more folks like you... Hope things are well on your side, been a while since I last heard from ya! Have yourself a good weekend, I'll be thinking of ya when I'm out at the track this weekend!

Thanks for posting that GT Sport video.
I sent it to my brother in Calif, of Kart Road-racing ........ said he might look into "getting into it".
Excellent content.
Hope the Piggy Bank has a High Interest on the Savings Plan.

Back