◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,643 comments
The only thing I think I could do is backup host. I can't do anything that requires me to be both online for any type data and racing. I have only one internet cable. I can't do replays because I have been unable to upload a race repaly video. I tried the other day to upload my replay race from practice.
Loading replays is more than do able viewing replays online is not however.

Scoring does not have to be done while racing, It can be done at the end of the night by taking pictures of the data screens and doing it when the night is complete and is one of the easiest jobs in snail.

Data is more time consuming but can be done while your PS3 is offline and your computer is online.

Saying you can't do a job for snail is the easiest job in the world! Although it's total BS especially if you haven't either tried or asked for help on how to do a job!

I have a conversation prepared for how to upload replays with a step by step tutorial. It taught both Jaguara and SlvrOnyx on how to do it.
Not sure if you saw this @pubason but I'd be willing to host or back up at least.

OH BTW WHAT DOES SMH MEAN...
Steal the setting from Champ on practice night. Before the night starts switch the room name, practice/race setting and qualifier grid type in your saved room files, then re save it for each round. or even better do R1R2, R2R1, R2R2, R3R1, R3R2 Then you just have to switch R1R2 to R1R1 and then just quickly load each save file to make the room move faster :) As long as you have a good connection hosting is a great job within snail you control with pace of the racing :)

Scoring does not have to be done while racing, It can be done at the end of the night by taking pictures of the data screens and doing it when the night is complete and is one of the easiest jobs in snail.

Data is more time consuming but can be done while your PS3 is offline and your computer is online.

Saying you can't do a job for snail is the easiest job in the world! Although it's total BS especially if you haven't either tried or asked for help on how to do a job!

I have a conversation prepared for how to upload replays with a step by step tutorial. It taught both Jaguara and SlvrOnyx on how to do it.

Steal the setting from Champ on practice night. Before the night starts switch the room name, practice/race setting and qualifier grid type in your saved room files, then re save it for each round. or even better do R1R2, R2R1, R2R2, R3R1, R3R2 Then you just have to switch R1R2 to R1R1 and then just quickly load each save file to make the room move faster :) As long as you have a good connection hosting is a great job within snail you control with pace of the racing :)

Great write up birdy, all the jobs are pretty easy with just a little training. The big part is you just have to be willing to help out. Come on guys , the divisions can't run on the backs of one or two guys.:cheers:

Last edited:

I learned how to upload replays by watching @kcheeb video on youtube and it shows how to upload the replays, ever since then. It isn't as hard as some think it is.

Step 1. Export all saved replays to the Playstation 3.
Step 2. Save Replays to a USB stick from Playstation 3 GT6 save files.
Step 3. Transfer Replays to a file on the computer.
Step 4. Highlight all replays and Send to Compressed file.
Step 5. Rename file on computer for example as Year_Month_Date_Division_GTP id_.zip
Step 6. Transfer the file to the public folder for replays.

I know you know how to upload Birdie, just for anyone else that needs help to save and upload.

Great write up birdy, all the jobs are pretty easy with just a little training. The big part is you just have to be willing to help out. Come on guys , the divisions can't run on the backs of one or two guys.:cheers:
That is why I do the banners and take pics and make videos once in awhile. It does take up a bit of my time but I feel like that is something I can contribute to the league and I enjoy doing it. I considerate it my entry fee for racing on Sunday night.
I actually find Sunday night racing relaxing knowing all I got to do is race and hopefully the other guys will take care of the rest. But if I have to do more to make it work then so be it I guess.

Die_Birdy_Die, Please rereading my comment and get the comment correct before you start calling BS and trying to insult me or make me look bad! I never once said I can't do a job for S.N.A.I.L.. I said, "I can't do anything that requires me to be both online for any type data and racing." Key words, both online for any type data and racing." Thus, if both were required at the same time I could not do that job. If scoring is done later, after the races, people may not know where they placed until later that night or on Monday I assume. People like to have the scores after the last race of the night. I thought I couldn't do replays because I couldn't upload my race. It's a logical thought.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 26, 2016

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. AcidTestKids ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 97 (113.80 for Prize C)
  2. lllTrick ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. RayzaBlayz -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. ness24_O ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Hoe_Cakes_ -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 83 (122.87 for Prize A)
  2. src_ej6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Wsk96 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. MikeGrove --------- did not submit a vote
  6. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. GTMX-Oscar -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 3
  1. Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 90 (90.50 for prize purposes only)
  2. kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. TXAH606 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 4
  1. Drewspeed --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 87.1 (116.78 for Prize B)
  2. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. rkzjb04 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. GTLehman ---------- did not submit a vote
Division 5
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 (Sports: Hard) at Autumn Ring / Reverse (8 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @SAMHAIN85 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Mercedes-Benz AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '92 (Sports: Soft) at Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Drewspeed gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Ricky Wilson so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

View media item 2540Race Date: June 26, 2016
Currently tracking 14 Incident Reports
We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.
The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.
:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​
The IR Submission Form is now closed.

@Ricky Wilson @SAMHAIN85 @Drewspeed

All potential prize winners will be added to a conversation tonight. They must read that conversation and follow the directions within it. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize eligibility.

Our prize A winner, @SAMHAIN85 , is clear to make his selection.

Last edited:
Die_Birdy_Die, Please rereading my comment and get the comment correct before you start calling BS and trying to insult me or make me look bad! I never once said I can't do a job for S.N.A.I.L.. I said, "I can't do anything that requires me to be both online for any type data and racing." Key words, both online for any type data and racing." Thus, if both were required at the same time I could not do that job. If scoring is done later, after the races, people may not know where they placed until later that night or on Monday I assume. People like to have the scores after the last race of the night. I thought I couldn't do replays because I couldn't upload my race. It's a logical thought.
I was not implying that just you were at fault for these thoughts when it comes to snail duties. Nor was I suggesting that you had to do a specific duty. I was just merely stating that duties were capable of being done with only 1 ethernet cable.

As for having scores into the division after the races, If people want them before the lobby closes then people with the capability to be on both while racing should volunteer for scoring. When I was scorekeeper way back in the day (excuse me while I go get my cane :)) People would ask me what the scores were and I would tell them I had no idea and if they wanted to know they should've volunteered to be the scorekeeper. People started volunteering or kept quiet about it.

As many know in snail, my computer is a level up from my PS3 and I have done every duty with in my division for one night! (which I will NEVER do again)

Being apart of SNAIL means more than just showing up and driving. Being apart of snail means being apart of SNAIL. There are many jobs within snail that need to be done and are done by few to keep the many going. Without us volunteers SNAIL would cease to be.

If you want to learn a job or for that matter if you want to learn every job let someone know and I'm sure they will be more than accommodating to teach you how to do any one of the many available.

That is why I do the banners and take pics and make videos once in awhile. It does take up a bit of my time but I feel like that is something I can contribute to the league and I enjoy doing it. I considerate it my entry fee for racing on Sunday night.
I actually find Sunday night racing relaxing knowing all I got to do is race and hopefully the other guys will take care of the rest. But if I have to do more to make it work then so be it I guess.
You sir, are an important part to the Sunday night experience without those banners people wouldn't be able to easily find the races for the evening. Whether it be for practicing or room set up.

And while we are at it so are the Stewards, Rednose, and even the mighty bowler.

Last edited:

Sorry if you took my comment as directed solely at you. It's not the case friend, it was more meant for all divisions that struggle at times to get duties covered for Sunday nights. I and I'm sure the league appreciate the work you do every week to get the banners out.

Well guys, after extensive testing I've come up with Prize A. Drum roll please

daimler_motor_carriage_1886_by_patemvik-d95j0zo.jpg

1886 Mercedes-Benz Patent Motor-Wagen

Post Oil:
PP:13
HP:1.1

We will be taking it to:

jDglh4C.jpg

Complex String (6.9 miles)

I haven't come up with an estimated mid division time since I have yet to complete a lap, but with a proper tail wind I figure we'll be able to finish before Tuesday of next week. Cheers guys :cheers:

Ok ok, here it is:
l2ZGUGc.jpg

I joined my first :gtplanet: series back in Dec 2010 and had to pay tribute to such a fun series. You can see it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eries-season-1-complete-season-2-soon.139251/

I'm going to wave the SNAIL flag over the compound in hopes some of my old FMSC series friends will see this and decide to join what I think is the greatest series on here. Not even sure if they still play much anymore.

@R1600Turbo ran the series, and actually made it to the GT Academy Finals @ Silverstone in 2011. @Wardez also made a finals appearance a year or two later. Luckily some of our old footage is still online:

@Egghead43
@SpyHunter
@EL_ZISSOU
@GrahamTurismo
@BrosifDuder
@SohnVonStig
@redreevos
@outlaw4rc

Probably the longest combo post ever, but I wanted to give some background info on why exactly I picked this. See you guys on the tarmac soon 👍

Ok ok, here it is:
l2ZGUGc.jpg

I joined my first :gtplanet: series back in Dec 2010 and had to pay tribute to such a fun series. You can see it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eries-season-1-complete-season-2-soon.139251/

I'm going to wave the SNAIL flag over the compound in hopes some of my old FMSC series friends will see this and decide to join what I think is the greatest series on here. Not even sure if they still play much anymore.

@R1600Turbo ran the series, and actually made it to the GT Academy Finals @ Silverstone in 2011. @Wardez also made a finals appearance a year or two later. Luckily some of our old footage is still online:

@Egghead43
@SpyHunter
@EL_ZISSOU
@GrahamTurismo
@BrosifDuder
@SohnVonStig
@redreevos
@outlaw4rc

Probably the longest combo post ever, but I wanted to give some background info on why exactly I picked this. See you guys on the tarmac soon 👍
Wow! Now, that takes me back to a litany of great memories. I have a fair share of clips from that series as well. So many talented racers that raced those Miatas, including a fair share of GTA finalists.

I don't consider myself retired but out of action indefinitely due to injury. One of these days after I'm better, I might come back behind the wheel.

Post Oil:

We will be taking it to:

jDglh4C.jpg

I haven't come up with an estimated mid division time since I have yet to complete a lap, but with a proper tail wind I figure we'll be able to finish before Tuesday of next week. Cheers guys :cheers:

Ok ok, here it is:
l2ZGUGc.jpg

@Egghead43
@SpyHunter
@EL_ZISSOU
@GrahamTurismo
@BrosifDuder
@SohnVonStig
@redreevos
@outlaw4rc

:lol: I started laughing about the 1886 car selection, we would be going slower than a real snail, that was too funny :lol::lol::lol:

Post Oil:

We will be taking it to:

jDglh4C.jpg

Ok ok, here it is:
l2ZGUGc.jpg

@Egghead43
@SpyHunter
@EL_ZISSOU
@GrahamTurismo
@BrosifDuder
@SohnVonStig
@redreevos
@outlaw4rc

Lol hahahhahahah. Lmao hilarious. That was a good laugh. Oh man that combo would have been totally worth doing. Hahaha.

It said to request join on this thread, so did I do it right? I'm new to all this.

@lingothe2nd

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Prize Selection Update

The stewards have completed enough reviews to announce the prize winners for this week.

Prize B goes to @MajorBlixem He has the option to use or pass the freeze but since he has already used the freeze once this month, if he chooses to use it again, it would go over to a vote of his division. If he passes the freeze, he would get to choose a car or track.

Prize C goes to @Ricky Wilson He will now wait for the decision from @MajorBlixem and then be on the clock for whatever he needs to do.

Watch the thread guys, and tag each other when you post about it.

Prize Selection Update

The stewards have completed enough reviews to announce the prize winners for this week.

Prize B goes to @MajorBlixem He has the option to use or pass the freeze but since he has already used the freeze once this month, if he chooses to use it again, it would go over to a vote of his division. If he passes the freeze, he would get to choose a car or track.

Prize C goes to @Ricky Wilson He will now wait for the decision from @MajorBlixem and then be on the clock for whatever he needs to do.

Watch the thread guys, and tag each other when you post about it.

I pass the freeze to @Ricky Wilson

Guess what came to my doorstep today......

1. This box.....
ButtKicker Box.jpg

2. Containing this stuff (professional photo from ButtKicker)
buttkicker_gamer2_2.jpg

3. ...and not too much later it was mounted under the chair and start kicking my butt...

buttkicker mounted.jpg

My sincere thanks to @zer05ive and ButtKicker who made the ButtKicker Gamer 2 available as a prize for SNAIL Racing League. This is definitely taking the game to the next level of simulation. We appreciate your involvement with the league.

For those who are involved in other games, or like to watch movies or just listen to music - this thing is awesome in putting that rumble in your jungle. My racing chair is now also my movie chair.

Thanks again.

Back