◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
I haven't posted pictures in a couple of weeks because of some long work hours. So , here are alot of pics from Division 2 Sunday night:

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_1.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_2.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_3.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_4.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_5.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_6.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_7.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_8.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_9.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_10.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway-3.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_1-3.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_2-3.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_3-3.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_4-3.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_5-3.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_6-3.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_7-3.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_8-3.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_9-3.jpg

Rome.jpg

Rome_1.jpg

Rome_2.jpg

Rome_3.jpg

Rome_4.jpg

Rome_5.jpg

Rome_6.jpg

Rome_7.jpg

Rome_8.jpg

Rome_9.jpg

Rome_10.jpg

Rome_11.jpg

Rome_12.jpg

Rome_13.jpg

Rome_14.jpg

This club sounds like what I'm looking for. Please consider this a request to join.

Hey Ponpasertmark,

Thanks for requesting to join, glad you found us 👍

I'll move you into a division tomorrow.

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L.
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Become the data director for your division :)

What that entails is getting/saving the replays and going through each of the races and entering the Qualifying position, Best Lap Time and Gap from the leader for each Driver in each race.

It takes me about 20 to 30 minutes for each Division. As much as I hated doing it, I've stopped entering data for the Divisions that weren't done. It was taking up too much of my time and I like to race now and again :)

Consider it done. I will do this for D5 when I am able to race or if people get me the replays (can that be done?).

Any SNAILS still up I am Heading to D1 for some practice. Who Knows might even run on the Ring:)

jobyone
Consider it done. I will do this for D5 when I am able to race or if people get me the replays (can that be done?).

Yes, we have a shared space at sugarsync.com. Esh was the administrator of that, but I don't know who is now. I'm sure we can get you access.

Hiya, guys.

Complaints have been filed this week, and one of them has the potential to change the results for one of the prize winners. Please hold tight, the stewards will work on the issues and we should have final results tomorrow evening so that prizes may be chosen.

Thanks

I would like to join snail spec my psn id is hoodrich902

Hey hoodrich902,

Happy you want to join us 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L.
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

pilmat and tcrash, thanks for posting pics!! Anyone in D1, D4, or D5 want to post some? :D

:D Cheers.

Did anyone else notice how similar a couple of shots were? What would be weirder is if tcrash hadn't seen mine before doing his (quite likely). :odd:

When do the penalties get announced? I'd like to get breaking in for the new combo :)

Excellent!

You're in D5 so all you really need to do is save the replay after each race. Then at your leisure you can review the replays and enter the numbers.

I'll check with zer05ive to see what we need to do to get you access to the public stats doc.

👍

What do I need to download or turn on to do offline racing? I need to generate more funds.

If you're just looking to get some cash, the Seasonal Events are a good place to do that. Not usually too long and 1st place gets you some good dough for new toys :)

If your looking for even more cash, without the least amount of effort, send me a FR, then put a bunch of your bobs up on share, I'll grind them into he ground and make you near 1 mill a driver a day. Not bad credits for very little work at all. I use a bspec grinder app on Yahoo Widgets that auto sets up and continuesly runs remote races while I'm away from home. I plan on getting back into the grind here shortly, since it seems after minus for patients and toiling I may be getting my life back! Or at least some free time.

:D Cheers.

Did anyone else notice how similar a couple of shots were? What would be weirder is if tcrash hadn't seen mine before doing his (quite likely). :odd:

When do the penalties get announced? I'd like to get breaking in for the new combo :)

Funny , Ive been posting pics like that for a couple of months now. What would be even weirder is that you looked at my previous picture posts before doing yours (very likely);)

You and I had a good battle going in the 2nd GT race, until I blacked out and hit the wall. By the last race of the night I am really sleepy and lose focus.

ZohsixGT5
You and I had a good battle going in the 2nd GT race, until I blacked out and hit the wall. By the last race of the night I am really sleepy and lose focus.

So thats what happened to ya. Man it hard to pass once you catch up to someone

Hey S.N.A.I.L.s,

The SNAIL Results spreadsheet has been updated to include tabs for each division for the month of August (whew, just in time :))

Check it out to see where you're at!

Thanks for putting that together, cheeb!

SNAILs,
Please keep in mind that only your top three scores will count towards the August championship. So if you missed a week or you had a particularly bad night, it won't hurt your final score as long as you've raced on three other Sunday nights in August.

It's also worth mentioning that winning or losing the monthly championship does not necessarily mean that you'll get promoted or relegated. It's only one of the factors we use to determine that. At the end of the day, our goal is to ensure that drivers are competing against the closest competition possible - that is what S.N.A.I.L. is all about.

Hey S.N.A.I.L.s,

The SNAIL Results spreadsheet has been updated to include tabs for each division for the month of August (whew, just in time :))

Check it out to see where you're at!

Ah thank you, nice to see how close everyone is going into the final race of the month :)

But I noticed it shows me with 0 for the first 2 races this month, I wasn't DQ'd for something was I? :nervous:

Ah thank you, nice to see how close everyone is going into the final race of the month :)

But I noticed it shows me with 0 for the first 2 races this month, I wasn't DQ'd for something was I? :nervous:

Thanks for letting me know Soren535, I'll check into it. Sometimes fat fingers get in the way. Typing skills come and go :lol:

EDIT: Fixed, fat fingers were the cause, spaces at the ends of id's don't get recognized.

By the way, the monthly total sheets are Vol's work, I just copied and changed sheet names! Some of those VLookups make my head hurt :)

By the way, the monthly total sheets are Vol's work, I just copied and changed sheet names! Some of those VLookups make my head hurt :)

Yup, credit goes to Vol for that. He put that together for the July season, but the points totals because moot when we made our final expansion to five divisions midway through the month.

Speaking of mid-month.. I'd like to point something out about mid-month promotion and relegation of drivers. We try to avoid doing that if possible, but sometimes drivers were either assigned to the wrong division (for example their Time Trial time was not an accurate representation of their race pace), or we have to level the number of drivers in each division (for example what we did before last Sunday's races).

When a mid-month promotion occurs, drivers are not allowed to keep the points that were earned in their previous division. This is due to the fact they would most likely not have been able to score as many points had they been racing in their new/higher division. Drivers who were promoted mid-month in August (hillracing and ANFD) were both told they would not be able to keep their points and they were both okay with that and accepted their promotion anyways. Fortunately for them, they were promoted after the first week so they still had time to log three Sunday nights in their new division. 👍

On the other hand, the rules are not the same when it comes to mid-month relegation. Drivers are are relegated mid-month are allowed to keep the points earned in their previous division. This is due to the fact that those points were earned while in a higher division. Therefore, it's only fair for them to be allowed to keep their points. Please let me know if anyone has any questions about this.

Thank you for doing that. It is something I meant to get around to.

It would be much easier if they allowed some sort of symbolic dereferencing. But... blah.

Thank you for doing that. It is something I meant to get around to.

It would be much easier if they allowed some sort of symbolic dereferencing. But... blah.

No problem 👍

I've messed around with pivot tables from the consolidated data and when it's a straight forward presentation you want not a big deal. When you want to remove the lowest score, I've not had much success, yet ...

Back