◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,627 comments
Let us know how that bad boy works out. Got my finger on that trigger as well. Just waiting for the Black Friday deals to sort themselves out. :D
I would wait until the game "officially" supports it. The feel and feedback from the car and race surface is amazing but it has way too many bugs in it to really take advantage of all the features. #fanatec

...was once the Monday Miatas. Curious why you don't run the Miata anymore. Fun car to run. I was in a room the other day with it. We used CH tires but I'm sure you could up it to CS if you like grippy.
We always ran the Miata and then another car with a bit more power to satisfy some of the faster drivers. It would alternated between the 86 GT and the Mazda Roadster TC (race car) they had in GT6.

I would wait until the game "officially" supports it. The feel and feedback from the car and race surface is amazing but it has way too many bugs in it to really take advantage of all the features. #fanatec

Thanks @vsfit Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately :D) I'm planning on pulling the trigger during their BF sale because I can't pass up the deal they have on their inverted pedals. As long as the G29 emulation mode is working I have faith that PD will, eventually, hopefully, fully support the wheel. My only hope is that by some miracle PD ends up supporting those little motors in the pedals so I can have my toes massaged while I drive! Doubtful but hopeful!

I don't think my ABS motor works in PC2 on PC. I think I would have to add an additional plug-in or something to make it work. I'll have to look into it. Driving a GT3 it should activate regularly. I will say though that it is a bit weaker than I was hoping for (testing during calibrations), but certainly noticeable, especially since I always wear my karting shoes.

I don't think my ABS motor works in PC2 on PC. I think I would have to add an additional plug-in or something to make it work. I'll have to look into it. Driving a GT3 it should activate regularly. I will say though that it is a bit weaker than I was hoping for (testing during calibrations), but certainly noticeable, especially since I always wear my karting shoes.

Yeah, those little guys just don't appear to be able to produce any meaningful effect. No biggie for me as I was going to "settle" for the non-inverted.

Like I said before @Lessen this is all your fault! :sly: :cheers: Should be putting the final touches on the new rig, at least in the virtual world, tonight. The plan is to use the extra days off for the holiday to start cutting wood!

Inverted is the way to go IMO if the means are there. Especially since in this league most of what is driven are road, GT, & classic cars, inverted is a more realistic setup, not to mention physically appropriate as to how one would actually depress a brake pedal in real life (more quad, less calf). My bottom and hips were a bit sore after my first weekend of driving. These ain't your daddy's sim brakes... Bottom pivot pedals are better suited to vehicles with a significantly "lower" seating position like Formula and LMP as well as physically correct for karts.

Just took a look at NMCP's rig build post. That was 3 years and over 35,000 posts ago and I said I was inspired to build my own rig after seeing others' works. At time didn't truly think I'd ever actually do it.... kinda surreal.

Last edited:
Inverted is the way to go IMO if the means are there. Especially since in this league most of what is driven are road, GT, & classic cars, inverted is a more realistic setup, not to mention physically appropriate as to how one would actually depress a brake pedal in real life (more quad, less calf). My bottom and hips were a bit sore after my first weekend of driving. These ain't your daddy's sim brakes... Bottom pivot pedals are better suited to vehicles with a significantly "lower" seating position like Formula and LMP as well as physically correct for karts.

Just took a look at NMCP's rig build post. That was 3 years and over 35,000 posts ago and I said I was inspired to build my own rig after seeing others' works. At time didn't truly think I'd ever actually do it.... kinda surreal.
Hmm I may have to see about switching my t3pa pro pedals to inverted...

.... kinda surreal.

The circle of Sim? <Insert Lion King music here>

Here's a sneak peek at the new one... ;)

sneak peek.JPG

Why am i seeing ghosting in a replay in D5? The setting should be set to none. Is the setting not working properly or was the room not set up properly?

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on November 19, 2017

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 96 (58.69 for prize purposes only)
  2. vovik05 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. src_ej6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. schmedVegas ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. z06fun ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. MSgtGunny --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 90 (110.04 for Prize B)
  2. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Userid_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. FREEREVN ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Harry_Rowley_10 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Yolo4Marshall_M --- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 96 (106.90 for Prize C)
  2. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Ghost_of_Fury41 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. JamCar0ne --------- did not submit a vote
  8. afrojcactair ------ did not submit a vote
  9. vsfit ------------- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 97 (114.36 for Prize A)
  2. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. BradESPN ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 5
  1. whatbadgerseat --- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 92 (80.35 for prize purposes only)
  2. streetbliss_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. o8jedi ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Tec1347 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. prouddad1977 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. smthng ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - HONDA NSX GR.4 (SS) at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 18:15 Clear (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Kgffy wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - FERRARI 458 ITALIA GT3 2013 (RH) at Dragon Trail - Seaside - 10:00 Fine Weather (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @MSgtGunny gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @socalnatv so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Did you turn the ABS off on the wheel and in the game?
It was really bothering me with not being able to compete without wrecking everybody in Sunday nights racing.

The biggest problem is that the wheel doesn't have its own set of native drivers and functions through the emulation mode on the wheel and thereby is recognized as a G29 by the game.

Due to individual preferences and driving styles, Fanatec doesn't really have a "best" settings recommendation. There are infinite customization settings in the wheel, but only within its native drivers and most of those are lost in the emulation mode settings. What most of us are experiencing is clipping on straights and reverse FFB on straights and corners.

On the straights, the emulation mode inputs from GTS are greater than the mode can process to the wheel, resulting in a constant slapping effect much like if you were driving over a rumble strip. On top of that, the car is in a constant side-to-side sway in response to driver input reacting to a pull or push to one side over the other.

The reverse response of the FFB is very tough to control as it occurs in a random fashion. When you go into a turn the FFB fades or sometimes completely disappears then sometimes it catches on corner exit upsetting the car and causing an overcorrection into a spin or sudden loss of speed as I slow down to gain control.

So....at 2am this morning I started investigating everything I could find on what other people were doing to make the wheel drivable in GTS. Hopefully, after a hundred laps or so of different combinations of setting adjustments I came up with something that at least allowed me to be competitive in the daily races without taking out half the field.

Fanatec is a little elusive with their information process. I bought the wheel after reading all the reviews and was led to believe that it was plug and play, hit the mode button to violet and you were good to go. What I discovered is that after a certain update from Fanatec who as far as I can discern, was released in response to the last GTS update. Everything went south from there.

If you're thinking about purchasing or have this wheel, please understand that you're going to have some tweaking to do. If they can somehow get it to the point of functionality close to how it feels in Assetto Corsa, it might just elevate GTS to a whole new level. Using the wheel in AC is absolutely the closest feeling to real driving that I've experienced in a sim. It responds to everything with a very precise feel and familiarity to what you would expect from real world driving. The weirdest thing is that it still runs in emulation mode of the G29 in AC.

If you have the wheel or are thinking about ordering it and need some help with set-up, PM me and I'll send you my settings.

Last edited:
View media item 2540Race Date: Nov. 19, 2017
Currently tracking 7 Incident Reports
We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.
The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.
:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​
The IR Submission Form is now closed.

A conversation will be created in the next few minutes which will include all potential prize winners with deadlines and instructions.​

Also, as far as prizewinners are concerned. I'm out of town for the rest of the week and will not have access to my PS4, so I need complete information for the following:

• Full car name (unless you freeze the car)
  • Full track name + track time and weather condition (unless you freeze the track)
  • Average laptime
The rest of the information is pre-programmed, so I'm not asking for a lot.

Thank you in advance

The latest everything can be determined is Thursday at noon I think, the idea being everything is ready to go for Thursday practice

When and where do you find out the division your in and parameters on the next race sorry still new here.

On Sunday the driver list will be out. (noonish maybe) look for your name there.

Edit, all tracks and cars will not be final for a few days.

And to add to the above, based on this post, the combo that remains unchanged is the FORD MUSTANG GR.4 on SS tires @ Kyoto Driving Park – Yamagiwa. You can practice that until you're Ford Blue in the face. :D

Back