◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,807 comments
ea8c_rocket_surgeon.jpg

Fun races last night Tom. Too bad Raw was having tranny issues :lol:

I wouldn’t touch this comment with a 10ft pole.

No one knows the troubles one can have with ones own tranny,these things can get very complicated very quickly to the point of causing mass confusion and panic.I just try to keep my makeup straight and soldier on,it requires a delicate touch to keep moving forward.Being a brute with your tranny is not the answer here folks.

Tried to read back through the posts to no avail. have any combos been hinted yet?

you only need to go 3 posts above to find out. it is under WIP. Anyone who raced in D1-D5 head to'SNAIL SKUNKWORKS' Prize C find a new home to the F458 by 2100 EST

This is the proposed KCK 1st starter car ... maybe at the Green Monster this Friday?

20171206182823 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171206182835 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

C&M doesnt have to be a "formal" series that runs every week. I can see it just being something we can do occasionaly if the numbers are there. It does require a thread and some organization though so we can determine cars/teams/colors ahead of time so we dont waste time in the lobby.

Speaking of inappropriate liverys.. just before the lobby went up Sunday night I realized I had forgotten to grab a livery for the Porsche. Found a basic red one with a GT3 logo on the side and a carbon fiber hood. Ok cool good enough.

Fast forward to the Porsche combo, we start lining up for qualifying and I notice this on my bumper!
View attachment 697670

Wtf?? A minion giving the one finger salute, great.... My apologies to D1, I had no idea this was on my car :lol: cant see the tail end from the thumbnail screen when you download. I'll know for next time to double check that...geez

Something we found with the C&M is to have everyone buy duplicate cars in various colours and build teams on the fly. It keeps the room moving and the races coming, a director in the room telling people what team and what colour helps tremendously and stops the bickering.

Random idea for the BoD:

For the combo that stays the same, allowing the person who originally picked that combo to change the time of day would add some variety to things. Just throwing it out there.

I ran the daily too, great choice. 5 laps on the tires will work well. Once I hit lap 7 it was sketchy.

Qually'd 6th and worked my way up to 2nd. By the time I got thru traffic 1st was 12 seconds ahead and I had no other choice but to coast to a 2nd place finish.

Last edited:
I just ran the daily race with it too .. Ought to be fun , it's a lil squirrelly after a few laps on the tires but not too bad.

I ran the daily too, great choice. 5 laps on the tires will work well. Once I hit lap 7 it was sketchy.

Qually'd 6th and worked my way up to 2nd. By the time I got thru traffic 1st was 12 seconds ahead and I had no other choice but to coast to a 2nd place finish.

I qualified with a 2:03.xx I ran it 3 times. the best start was with a 4th place. But on all 3 races I did the same mistakes.... once I get to 7th lap or so I am not able to keep the car with enough speed and control. The control throttle/tail I have for the first 6 laps is not there... tires seems to get super buttery.. May need to change the approach as to how I need to drive it with tire ware but have not been able to find that happy medium. all races ended up with Top 10 and higher SR rating. I am now an A. :)

Random idea for the BoD:

For the combo that stays the same, allowing the person who originally picked that combo to change the time of day would add some variety to things. Just throwing it out there.

Personally, I think 3 combos is plenty of variety for a nights racing. Plus, with reverse grids and there's one heck of various racing circumstances every week. Partial purpose of the vote is to decide which of the 3 combos should stay. I think if drivers disliked the time of day enough, they would probably try to vote it off. The time is a part of the combo. If it has been decided that that combo is the favorite then shluld it not stick around in its entirety?

Random idea for the BoD:

Another factor for not changing any part of the carryover combo is that we use the data from races to make comparisons. As we know, changing the weather does have an effect on track conditions, i.e., tire grip. If we went from a "Fine Weather" to a night race, we would certainly see slower times and not be able to make accurate comparisons from week to week.

Important Announcement

With the update to GTS and whatever physics change was made with it, the time trials that were run by all drivers are no longer an accurate benchmark for placing incoming drivers. We need all active drivers to run the time trial and submit your time via the form that is linked right here. I suggest that you spend a few minutes checking out the changes to the game and the way the car will drive before you run the trial. We would like for everyone to do this as soon as possible so that we have a reliable data set to compare new drivers to and place them more accurately.

Nobody will be moved between divisions based solely on this time trial. It is only to help the league with new driver placement.

A reminder to all who have not done this yet. If you are tagged in this post, you have until the start of next season to finish this. That date is going to be 1/5/18 @ 11:59 PM ET. This represent the cut off for new time trials to be placed for racing on 1/7/18 which will be the start of the Jan. season. Failure to complete this by the deadline will result in you being moved to inactive status.

@DutchRacer_GT @src_ej6 @nmcp1 @ScorpionTopaz @USERID_77a23 @Wolfsatz @Handlebar @Wardez @Adventuruss @z06fun @vovik05 @Nicktune @ConnorWolf @Ph1sh @David_Z @XR_RACER_11 @Deal24 @AtomicVersion19 @IceManFan_7 @DMacs13 @MrTwo192 @JonnyWolf @Ratsaladd @Engmatic1 @InfinteChaos @fzappa @basswerks1 @DBUCKEYES @Alexrider007 @DrE60Nummz @BayouSimDrifter @DVD @Zowy52 @PlatinumRolex @Proudad1977 @StacysMom2 @Pichon617

Back