◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
ohhh, Or make a togue night! That would be even cooler. One on one battles, tire wear and damage on. set up 2 to 3 pp classes, 350, 400, 450. tuning is open. fun stuff on the ring and custom tracks.

Oh man, Bowler. good racing last night man, I think you were first more then not.👍
I think the rest of us have work to put in so we can seee some other names in the 1st place spot:mischievous:

Oh man, Bowler. good racing last night man, I think you were first more then not.👍
I think the rest of us have work to put in so we can seee some other names in the 1st place spot:mischievous:

Thanks Rally. If I start out front I'm good. Starting in the back, I'm happy to get to 4th place. I should have won both races at HSR but I was trying to run a qualifying lap during the race and clipped the curbing in the last turn. Better to do it in practice than on Sunday when it counts. I still have some work to do at Tokyo though. I just don't have a lot of track time on the reverse layout. I did manage to get into the 1:58's during the last race out front by myself.

kcheeb
Sorry i had to bail. Good racing tonight, hope i didn't squeeze esotic too much that last race.

I'm cool with it, and still learning best practices for racing clean and competitive in such close proximity. There may have been some trading paint, but I don't feel like driving lines were disrupted.

dang that sucks that i missed cat and mouse. when I backed out cause it froze on daytona i couldn't navigate any menus or anything. I had no mouse pointer thing, it was weird. I had to turn off the PS3 and then other things came up (7yr old and newborn).

I still gotta break in the rx-7 and nismo and figure out that damn last corner on highspeed ring.

I'm cool with it, and still learning best practices for racing clean and competitive in such close proximity. There may have been some trading paint, but I don't feel like driving lines were disrupted.

Good stuff, that's the way I felt too.

Only 'unplanned' feint was going into the first right hand hairpin at Daytona. I took my usual braking point and was closing way too fast. Only safe place to go was inside you, then it turned into more than a feint :dopey:

I find it comes down to how well the person in front of me is driving whether or not i stay close to bowler. Either I'm leading, following right behind bowler or reeling from hitting a car that went sideways at wrong time. :banghead: wish i could have gotten inn the NSX races. they'll be my best chances for podium.

I must say that when I first read about the cat and mouse thing, I was thinking of the races they used to have at the Australian GP; average road car vs V8 Supercar vs F1 car....time gaps to see if all 3 finish the lap at the same time.

I find it comes down to how well the person in front of me is driving whether or not i stay close to bowler. Either I'm leading, following right behind bowler or reeling from hitting a car that went sideways at wrong time. :banghead: wish i could have gotten inn the NSX races. they'll be my best chances for podium.

Yeah, I pretty much screwed anyone catching bowler in the first Daytona race by holding the pack up for half a lap or so, sorry guys :(

I don't get much practice outside of our sessions, since those are the times I'm normally on anyway lately. Some days I do better then others on the tracks. Yesterday was one of those rather poor days. I need to work on my passing in a packing some though. Thats where I normally find myself getting into trouble.

yeah, I agree, the ring works, but only for longer races. Qualify, takes 15 to 20 depending on the car. Then do 3 or 4 lap race. which should take about 40 minutes. Im not sure that many people have the patience to run that kind of race, especially on that track, it can be a frustrating track for someone who knows it, much worse for those who don't. Maybe we can slip into a practice night though for those who do so love the ring. I can do 10 laps and still wanna do more, especially with the caliber of racers we have.

Well according to this post, Diabolic Fridays will start including a short endurance race so maybe he'll include one on the ring eventually. I personally like his idea of low boost on an endurance race, especially on the ring, since there's so much variance on how well people know it.

ohhh, Or make a togue night! That would be even cooler. One on one battles, tire wear and damage on. set up 2 to 3 pp classes, 350, 400, 450. tuning is open. fun stuff on the ring and custom tracks.

Touge sounds intriguing, but if it's one-on-one battles, how would we be able to do that with so many people in the lounge? Just take turns?

Kinda. It would have to work on an honor system kinda. Run free mode, two people line up then go. Give them a couple minutes, then the next two go, so on and so forth.

I need to work on my passing in a packing some though. Thats where I normally find myself getting into trouble.

For me a lot of it has to do with what I can see and am aware of.

I use the bumper cam view, it's nice because you have a good rear view mirror, and I'm used to where the car info is displayed. Lateral view is restricted though. I have a wheel that allows me to look around, but when I'm in a pack, it's not easy to use that feature.

I've been experimenting with T-Cam (over the roof), good views of what's going on around you, but I don't really like the feel of it.

Cockpit cam is ok once you get used to where the edges of the car are, but you only get one side view mirror, at least on the cars I've tried it with.

Sticking with bumper cam for the time being.

Kinda. It would have to work on an honor system kinda. Run free mode, two people line up then go. Give them a couple minutes, then the next two go, so on and so forth.

Okay, that make more sense. So are you wanting to include Touge during your Monday Mayhem? For example, 1st hour Cat & Mouse and 2nd hour Touge? Or were you just hoping that someone would host a separate Touge night on one of the remaining open days? (Thursday or Saturday)

I was playing with the overhead cam for a bit yesterday during the C&M, but it feels really weird driving like that. I cant reprogram my buttons, cause it sucks. So normally I just stick in the back of the pack and wait for people to mess up.

Okay, that make more sense. So are you wanting to include Touge during your Monday Mayhem? For example, 1st hour Cat & Mouse and 2nd hour Touge? Or were you just hoping that someone would host a separate Touge night on one of the remaining open days? (Thursday or Saturday)

I could work it into monday, but I kinda like the first hour practice, last hour play set up we have going.

I was playing with the overhead cam for a bit yesterday during the C&M, but it feels really weird driving like that. I cant reprogram my buttons, cause it sucks. So normally I just stick in the back of the pack and wait for people to mess up.

Same with me....only I tend to be the one who messes up first putting me even further behind :lol:

I could work it into monday, but I kinda like the first hour practice, last hour play set up we have going.

Mondays are your night, so you can do whatever you decide. I wasn't suggesting that you squeeze Touge in there, I was just wanting to know so that I could put an organized schedule together. That way, all the snails can just look at the schedule and know what kind of format they can expect for each night.

I too like the format of first hour practice, last hour play. dvdoughboy has been using that format on his designated Wednesday nights for a while. Although his second hour usually consists of racing cars from the recommended list or shuffle races (last night was a one-off just to try out Cat & Mouse). The only problem I see with practicing the first hour of Monday nights is that the new car(s) and track(s) might not have been selected yet. I'd like to give the Prize A and Prize B winners at least 24 hours to make their selections.

Fair enough. I wasnt really thinking about the turn around time of the prizes, and I also didnt think about break in either. Which is something I like to have done before I start practicing. So for now, since the C&M is so liked, I'll run that last so it can run over after the last hour for anyone wanting to stay. and do the togue stuff first. I think for now I'll just run it with 2 classes, 350, and 450. everyone can tune a car for one, or both. We will use a call out system much like LotS uses, as well as most of the rules. I have a couple of tracks to use, and I can easily make more, and others can share their tracks as well, and I can dl them, so we can keep the races fresh. As well as give people a chance for a sorta home court advantage. If you guys are interested, check out that link and let me for sure. cause if its just Zero and I, then I'll just call him out now for a little one on one tonight.

if/when I add low boost I will also add heavy damage. A clean driver will have no problem keeping up while one put stop for damage won't knock you out either. its quite good fun.

Fair enough. I wasnt really thinking about the turn around time of the prizes, and I also didnt think about break in either. Which is something I like to have done before I start practicing. So for now, since the C&M is so liked, I'll run that last so it can run over after the last hour for anyone wanting to stay. and do the togue stuff first. I think for now I'll just run it with 2 classes, 350, and 450. everyone can tune a car for one, or both. We will use a call out system much like LotS uses, as well as most of the rules. I have a couple of tracks to use, and I can easily make more, and others can share their tracks as well, and I can dl them, so we can keep the races fresh. As well as give people a chance for a sorta home court advantage. If you guys are interested, check out that link and let me for sure. cause if its just Zero and I, then I'll just call him out now for a little one on one tonight.

I skimmed through LotS in order to try to get a better understanding or touge, but I left with more questions that answers lol. This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to do touge with tuning prohibited? Or is tuning a fundamental part of the touge "culture"?

I wish I could take you up on a challenge tonight, but I have family coming into town for the weekend. I actually won't be able to race again until Sunday night. :grumpy:

Its cool, I got my daughter for the weekend so I'm not sire how much I'll be on before Sunday anyway. Tuning is a large part of racing altogether. But it can also be done without tuning. But I think the fun part of touge is to see how you and your tuning abilities rank against your opponents. But. That said what we can do is just run tuning on he parts, so people can bring any car up to the pp level. Then just leave the car with just close ratio trans and height adjustable shocks. That way we can "tune". But everyone is still on the same ground as far as setups go.

My only gripe about tuning is that unless you are an expert tuner, you will be at a disadvantage in the race. For those of us who dont know what we are doing tuning wise, we could be making the car worse. Maybe you would like to lead a tuning session for beginners one day?

Maybe what I'll do is all the actual adjustable stuff will he unallowed, yep, made a new word, and then just just add HP and pp effecting mods to get into you class. The bad thing about not tuning, is that some cars can be quite, unforgiving on SH tires. As for holding a tuning session. There are many great guides on he site. And to be honest, the suspension physics on the game are so jacked, that there is a bunch of controversy as to what is actually being adjusted. Many people seem to think PD got he front and the rear setting reversed. So say its even worse then that. But I know that for the most part, all of my suspension tunes are close to each other. Theres just a small difference, mostly to do with drive wheel orientation. I think the real tuning comes down to fitting the LSD to the driver. And that is where I believe people should focus there attention when learning to tune at first.

Anyway. To make my point. Only tuning up to your classes pp, or the pp of the night, which I think will work better, will be acceptable. And only allow sports suspension, stock LSD, and close ratio transmissions. That will allow a better feeling car, but not make it overly complicated for the people still learning. Then, maybe for the advanced drivers, allow an open tune class. Hmm. I'll ponder it up, make an official rules page in my garage then link it here so it can be placed into zeros schedule.

if/when I add low boost I will also add heavy damage. A clean driver will have no problem keeping up while one put stop for damage won't knock you out either. its quite good fun.

My votes for when, as opposed to if. When swapping paint can cost more then a position or two, or hitting the wall taking away most of your speed, stopping points come on a lot sooner.

Wow I am hating the nsx right now lol.. I finally got into the mid 1:58s after nearly an hour of testing. My hat is off to anyone who runs lower than that.

Back