◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
What the heck did I miss? Tuning is allowed now?

No, tuning is not allowed. Rally was talking specifically about a format he is proposing to host on Monday nights which will in part include touge racing. I was kinda hoping that we'd be able to do 'spec' touge since spec racing is a pillar of this league (as described in the original post), but I support whatever rules he decides on since he is the host for that night. 👍

One more thing.. Since nobody has claimed Thursday nights yet, I'm gonna go ahead and take a stab at it. The tentative name/theme of the night will be "Team-Attack Thursday" and it'll basically be practice for league night, but with the element of team work added to the mix. Since it'll be considered practice, we will only use the cars and tracks from that week's upcoming league night. However, all the drivers who participate will be stack ranked according to the previous league night's results. For example, if the winner of D1 and the last place finisher of D2 are both in the lounge, they will be paired up as a team. More details to come..

For the second hour, we're going to do "Cat & Snail", which is obviously a variation of "Cat & Mouse". The main difference is that differences in speed between the Cat and the Snail will be much smaller than the usual Cat & Mouse cars. This is because we'll only be using the cars from that week's line-up. The cat will be the fastest car in the line-up and the mouse would be the slowest car on the line-up. However, the rest of the rules are the same as Cat & Mouse. So of course in Cat & Snail, the team who's snail finishes first is the winner.

Last edited:
For the second hour, I'm considering a variation of "Cat & Mouse", but again, only using the cars and tracks from that week's line-up. The cat would be the fastest car in the line-up and the mouse would be the slowest car on the line-up. Maybe we'll call that "Snail & Mouse" lol. Of course it'll probably be an epic fail, but I want to try it at least once..

At first I thought it might be a fail, but, like we have here, the amuse is going to be a rocket compaired to the nsx. Are you gonna keep the tire regs the same too, so the amuse gets RM, and the nsx would run SS? This might actually work, so long as the slowest car is a slower car. I think something like the nsx might be easier to take out too. Its long, rwd, and powerful enough to be a hazard to itself. That damn copen is so small, its near impossible to PIT. You just get the side, push it into the wall, and everyone contiunes on their marry way. I wish the tank car was on the recommended list, that, would make an interesting wild car. See that massive beast flying at you with all 880 HP:scared:

For example, if the winner of D1 and the last place finisher of D2 are both in the lounge, they will be paired up as a team.

You guys all have so many great ideas, and I wish I had more free time get in on this every night. :)

I really like this type of setup with pairing faster and slower drivers together. Maybe a race event where each team is ranked by the finishing place of the slowest driver, which gives the faster driver incentive to "train up" their partner.

Whenever I'm in free run lounges I invariably end up doing something very much like touge, where I'll buddy up with another racer and we'll run the track together, with the person in front making sure to not get too far ahead of the other. Is there a name for this?

Just a reminder that I will not be hosting tonight. I will be on today b specing sunday car and then not again till after 11pm est. At that time I'll be in the d1 lobby or my own for practice.

Just thought of a new variation to add to C&M I might like to try. on the start of the race, all cats and wild car must turn around and run the course in reverse, Allowing some dirty racing to go on with the mouses before the cats have a chance to effect the race. whatcha think?

The whole cat and mouse thing reminds me of old school roller derby. I like the ability to get in a let off some steam and have fun while doing it.

Huh, thought I had already posted this, but I guess not. anyway, Heres the official link for Monday Mayhem.
To address some concerns. Ive set it up so that tuning is very minimal, that way people can use more then just one or two cars. if the race was made to prohibit tune, or race off the recommended, then it would really take away from the diversity in the cars GT has to offer. and touge is not a spec race. However, limiting the things in the tune like I have, should take the tune out of the race. All your basically doing is raising the pp to be level with everyone else in your class. And with the lower pp levels, the racing should be tight, and it may give the div 2 guys the opportunity to race with the div 1 guys, and study their racing style. One of the best things about these sort of things, is that you can actually follow, and study, and not worry about someone next to you or behind.

well, it is a S.N.A.I.L. event...;)
Im looking forward to it, already have a car for both classes picked out. I just hope this goes off well. it could turn into a jumble f*&k. I am wondering if maybe just one class would be better and just do a line up system like they use at drag strips. two people line up then go, wait a few, then the next two go.

Just throwing it out there, I'm gonna straighten some more guard rails out with my NSx if anybody want to jump in. If i understan, you can just join like a room? If so, come on in, byob, and spin some laps. While at it, show me how to drive this thing faster. g-MachineREX.

And if anyone has the class knowledge, I want to find good events or challenges or just a fun room to drive my new favorite car. The alpha Romeo 155. Hands down most fun I've ever had on the ring. 2 laps was a pleasure!!! So I've found some racing rooms, but thy are all wanting 600 and up ****. I'm at 580 maxed out. Even with that discrepancy, it gets respected showings. And I leave a lot to be said for the pilots skills. So let me know. I read that the othe dtm cars are rare. So if anybody has some to sell, I'll buy, and if I don't have enough, I may have trades you want(doubtful though) or I'll grind on line b spec for them. Thanks.

Ohhh, hah. Gotcha. yeah. lots of tuning going there huh? lol. One of these days I'll get around to it. Lots of cars.

Not tonight for me. Parents are over for a visit. Beer dice and cards are on for my night.

I was on as Fireblade135790 tonight. Had a good time.

Couldn't see two cars in that last cat and mouse but it was fun, anyway.

I was on as Fireblade135790 tonight. Had a good time.

Couldn't see two cars in that last cat and mouse but it was fun, anyway.

Thanks for racing ERRR at least 'cat and mousing' with us tonight.. Let us know if you want to do "regular" racing with us as well lol.. Our league night is on Sunday night so you have plenty of time to break-in the three cars on the current line-up if you want.

Back