◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,538 comments
Whoa! I didn't think I would see the day! :sly:

Now that's how to name a color! Does it hurt when you touch it?

I went through every premium car at every dealer to see if they had purple and if I liked it. Came up with a list of about 6 or 7, I can pass it along, I think Jazz wanted something in the purple line.

P.S. 2,000 posts?? You must be a post whore or something! :lol:

:D that would be me ;)

I'm not in front of my PS3, but based on the name, I'd guess it was from a Mini.

Edit: Found it: Mini Cooper S '05

That's the car and nice bit is it'll only cost me ~35,000 credits for a new paint chip :dopey:

Hey Goat, thanks for the chips 👍

Excited for Sunday. Although, I'm really nervous for the Oval racing.

Take Turn 1 & 2 on the inside and Turn 3 & 4 on the outside. That's how I've done it and I've gotten a Chevrolet Corvette C3 below 40 seconds there

if your qualifying or running first. Otherwise follow the pack and hang on to your knickers. Oval tracks are a blast. I hate nascar, cant stand it. But get a huge group of high powered cars on an oval track, and it is a blast.
The real key to success on the oval is the draft and believe it or not, team work. And of course smooth steering inputs. But a pair that can bump draft well will find themselves running the lot quick.
D4, D5, even D3, remember, smooth. If your car starts to walk the tail out. Smooth. These cars are running right on the threshold at a pretty quick pace when in a corner. Much more so then some corners on a road course. Add a tail happy Vette (someone said they handle good? I guess, for an American car anyway) on sports tires. A sudden jump off or on either the throttle or brake, and you will be racing in formula drift, which is not Sunday night. (Idea for a drift event though...) Same concept works well once you, or your car, have decided instead to smoke some tires. just easy off the throttle, don't dump it and start to brake. just a little lift.
Keep in mind though, that while this will help you to maintain control through the course of the corner and the slide, your car, via momentum and inertia, will also slide up towards the outside of the corner. So use your periphery. Be aware.

Ahh, Be aware. Sorry, its a soap box kinda day, feeling all old and wise. This is HUGE. And watching replays and listening to the stewards, this is something that is probably of the biggest disparity between D1 and division below. Situational awareness. Not saying there isn't an exception to the rule. But it is a noticeable occurrence. When you are out practicing, be sure to set up and use left and right view buttons, and its been mentioned that zooming your map in is effective as well. Its key to not only be aware of your braking points, but also to be aware of what traffic in front and behind you is doing. If your looking to pass, be aware of of your opponents line, their braking point and speed, predict the turn in and be aware of where your line exists and how to maintain it. Some of you guys whom want to know how to go faster, download a replay of d1, go race the combo, then go watch the replay from d1, watch it from a few different racers, in the same view you race in, and see whats different.
Anyway, I have to stop yappin and get moving. Its a tentative, But I may be back racing next Sunday. We get back Saturday, but I gotta see how I feel once we are back. You guys have a great Sunday and enjoy your week next week, Caribbean cruise, here I come!:cheers: :cool:

These cars are running right on the threshold at a pretty quick pace when in a corner. Much more so then some corners on a road course. Add a tail happy Vette (someone said they handle good? I guess, for an American car anyway) on sports tires.

It handles pretty well in real life because of its computerized stability management (or whatever the marketing folks are calling it these days), which outperforms any combination of the similar aids in GT5. Take that away, and you would get something like what we'll be driving.

Anyway, I have to stop yappin and get moving. Its a tentative, But I may be back racing next Sunday. We get back Saturday, but I gotta see how I feel once we are back. You guys have a great Sunday and enjoy your week next week, Caribbean cruise, here I come!:cheers: :cool:

I'm jealous. :drool: Have a good one!

All true, Rally, I suppose.

I was in over my head last week, and... (sigh).... 80 minutes of frustration. I am taking a break for a bit.

REMINDER
If you want to race tonight, please make sure you have access to the D2 lounge.

All you need to do is send a friend request to SNAIL_Division2 and then PM me so that I know you're waiting for me to accept it.

Who's pumped for Sunday? Last week I lost my snail virginity (Does that sound wrong...) and I really enjoyed it so I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

amweaver47
who's pumped for sunday? Last week i lost my snail virginity (does that sound wrong...) and i really enjoyed it so i'm really looking forward to this weekend.

meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

geicopig.png

So does lapped traffic always ghost or is it determined by whether or not penalties are on or off? TRM Superspeedway could get really interesting if lapped traffic did not ghost... (and the DB9 is quite fun to drive! Nice choice:tup:)

Last edited:
ExoSphere64
So does lapped traffic always ghost or is it determined by whether or not penalties are on or off? TRM Superspeedway could get really interesting if lapped traffic did not ghost... (and the DB9 is quite fun to drive! Nice choice:tup:)

So far as I know, lapped traffic ghosting is caused by penalties being on.

Hitting D1 for a half hour in the DB9, but I will be back after lunch as well.

Hmmm.... I seem to have a problem entering any lounge. I will take care of some other Honey-Do's now and come back later for some practice.

Someone, somewhere, put a link to a site that gives the ability to search for cars that are coming up in the Dealerships ........ I have looked on every S.N.A.I.L. thread and cannot find it again. If anyone knows and can share it again, I would appreciate it.
Thank you - in advance

Someone, somewhere, put a link to a site that gives the ability to search for cars that are coming up in the Dealerships ........ I have looked on every S.N.A.I.L. thread and cannot find it again. If anyone knows and can share it again, I would appreciate it.
Thank you - in advance

Boom.

BeRandom
I will not be able to race Sunday night. I'll be at a fair helping my GF sell her paintings.

Tell her you're taking 25% off the top to found your Gt5 rig... Good luck with that.

Thank you - in advance

Wow! This site is a revelation! 👍:):dopey:

Boom[/URL].[/QUOTE]
Thanks - appreciate the information.
Didn't find the cars that I was looking for.

Hey, I'm very interested in joining this group. I've been following this thread for some time and I thought this looked like a ton of fun. :) How exactly do I get started?

Back