◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Really, the stupid BR-Z? :crazy: I guess we can have a 86GT/FR-S/BR-Z spec series now. This DLC is pretty weaksauce.

Yeah the DLC was not exciting at all, we want moar tracks ...

Concerned about what's going to happen with the physics side of things and do they have a patch together already :lol:

Uh oh, GT5 DLC and software update

Coming Sept. 25th, PD's changing a bunch of things, tire wear in endurance races, wing downforce, disable collisions in online racing ...

The most interesting thing to me was the very last thing mentioned. Is PD finally admitting that they had the physics of adjusting ride height bass ackwards all this time?!

I've got larger tires now and 3" lift kit sitting. Springs and Bilsteins. Just gotta get time to install. Will before winter so I can do some wheeling. Now I get tire rub if I articulate much. Which I expected going larger tire. It was bought to work with 3" lift.

It sounds like you and me would get along just fine. I have a 2004 TrailBlazer with 2.5 inches of lift and 265 Goodyear Duratracs on it (with the same tire rubing issue). It has 226,000 miles and is still going.

The most interesting thing to me was the very last thing mentioned. Is PD finally admitting that they had the physics of adjusting ride height bass ackwards all this time?!

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I'm wondering if it's the bug where downforce is applied perpendicularly to a line drawn between the stock axle positions (rather than perpendicularly to their actual position), so that when the front end is jacked up and the rear end dropped as low as possible, downforce actually pushes the car forward. (Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but as easily as I can visualize it, I kinda suck at verbalizing it.)

Edit: Another way of looking at it might be that their current (bugged) physics model always assumes that air is traveling parallel to the aforementioned line between the stock axles, so when the front end is jacked up it acts as if the air is actually coming down at a slight angle, allowing for just as much downforce, but with less drag.

Last edited:
I'm glad they are changing the clutch, friggen annoyed with my g27 lately.

I'm wondering what exactly they changed on it. Maybe we can finally fan it like a real clutch on take off or that it slips more. I miss a lot of shifts due to it having to be pressed almost all the way down like a button as opposed to being able to slip it into gear.

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I'm wondering if it's the bug where downforce is applied perpendicularly to a line drawn between the stock axle positions (rather than perpendicularly to their actual position), so that when the front end is jacked up and the rear end dropped as low as possible, downforce actually pushes the car forward. (Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but as easily as I can visualize it, I kinda suck at verbalizing it.)

Edit: Another way of looking at it might be that their current (bugged) physics model always assumes that air is traveling parallel to the aforementioned line between the stock axles, so when the front end is jacked up it acts as if the air is actually coming down at a slight angle, allowing for just as much downforce, but with less drag.

Actually, I'm referring to the debate discussed here and many other places. In a nutshell, a lot of people think that raising and lowering front and rear ride height in GT5 actually does the opposite of what it would do in real life.

Actually, I'm referring to the debate discussed here and many other places. In a nutshell, a lot of people think that raising and lowering front and rear ride height in GT5 actually does the opposite of what it would do in real life.

Interesting. I hope PD gives us a bit more information when they release the patch. I doubt they will though. I will never understand the mentality of software companies (even the ones I've worked for) that are intentionally vague about bugs they fix, as if by doing so they can still pretend that the bug never existed while simultaneously fixing it.

Just curious, how many SNAILs use the clutch and h-gate on Sunday nights?
What and go even slower than I already am:crazy:. Not a chance. That being said I love using the h shifter. It would be fun to get a bunch of us together. I am looking forward to the update. I do hope as some have said it allows us to feed in the clutch.

No more collisions online?! That means a complete fake competition. But I can understand some can't afford...👎

Pretty sure it means you can disable them but don't have to. I don't think we'll be disabling them :)

What would the stewards have to do then?

I'd like to test it out for laughs, but don't honestly see a place for that functionality in S.N.A.I.L. Perhaps useful in some of the Open Lobbies ...

Pretty sure it means you can disable them but don't have to. I don't think we'll be disabling them :)

What would the stewards have to do then?

I'd like to test it out for laughs, but don't honestly see a place for that functionality in S.N.A.I.L. Perhaps useful in some of the Open Lobbies ...

For ***** and giggles, we should have a SNAIL event where we do that weeks races, but with collisions disabled.

A_Higher_Place
Anyone have any events going on tonight? Is it that standard race car series tonight?

If not, anyone want to get something going?

Racefans standard car thursday is happening. Should be a fun night :)

Back