◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
hillracing
Just wondering who you're referring to about the corner cutting? As far as I'm aware as long a two wheels stay on the curb it's legal even if they are the outside wheels.

Note my observation is over several races here with two cars.

I seen it on a few occasions. Honestly don't recall names. Nor was it a consistent cut. More so heated battle nose to tail. Can't see apex cut. Which those led to me following through under rumble a few times. A few times I was chasing and stayed clean and lost a load of ground on the first chicane to car the was for sure under rumble. So next time through I was closer and followed them. Under rumble. Basically that stuck out to me why we have always known the track as a cut fest. It's not that everyone goes out to cut time. However heated battle and 2D can lead to some cutting. Which for anyone following leaves them really no option but to take the same line or risk losing draft.

Track just blows. LoL

Not a big deal. But the track lends to it happening and saving a load of time. Its always a concern when used in leagues.

Last edited:
Cutting isn't really an issue on Monza from what I've seen, I've never had a shortcut penalty when two wheels remain on the rumble strips so it's all fair imo. If the room is there you gotta use it or you lose time.

I have 1 question, what happen whit the guys always do traffic n never let pass someone just for keep a place n show hes on the top of the snail league. Or the guys draftin in the qualifing time for start 1st the race whit a unreal time.They have 2 side of clean racers, the 1 st are fast n clean n always watch if someone are more fast than him for let pass,the 2 nd are slow whit a good place but he cant run a TIME n he want to keep the place.

Cutting isn't really an issue on Monza from what I've seen, I've never had a shortcut penalty when two wheels remain on the rumble strips so it's all fair imo. If the room is there you gotta use it or you lose time.

I think I know what you're trying to say, but your wording leaves room for a lot of misunderstanding by others. Just because there is room, you do not have to use it or lose time. If you you don't keep at least two wheels on the track and/or rumble strips at all time, you are shortcutting and are in violation of Section J of our OLR Rules. Therefore, you will be subject to penalties.

Bottom line, just because the game doesn't give you a short-cutting penalty, doesn't mean you're not shortcutting. Just wanted to emphasize this in case anyone interpreted Jazz's post to mean anything otherwise.

Yes, it is possible to cut some corners at Monza and not take an in-game penalty. I only saw it once or so and didn't appear to be anyone's intentional line. However, when taken it does save loads of time. Also one of the reasons I voted for 3 as the track irks me.

I concur wholeheartedly with what zer0 said. At the same time, if you happen to navigate off track and aren't deemed to have gained any advantage form the excursion, you will probably be safe from a penalty. Just don't abuse that kindness…

I have 1 question, what happen whit the guys always do traffic n never let pass someone just for keep a place n show hes on the top of the snail league. Or the guys draftin in the qualifing time for start 1st the race whit a unreal time.They have 2 side of clean racers, the 1 st are fast n clean n always watch if someone are more fast than him for let pass,the 2 nd are slow whit a good place but he cant run a TIME n he want to keep the place.

This is a bit difficult to comprehend, but I can assure you that it is not possible to gain an advantage drafting during qualifying. The game does not give any draft to following cars during free run. In other words: It's not possible.

Also, if (and this is especially important in reverse grid races) an ahead driver is "slower" than the behind driver, he is not required to let the behind driver pass. The ahead driver can do everything legal within the rules to defend his position. Nobody has a "right" to a pass because of an expected result.

But madrid reverse last nite was just traffic bump n accidents.Whit 16 fast racers how that can be fair, just top 5 got space between the cars n the 11 racers are desesperate to not give the best

I think it's more the nature of that car than the track or number of people that made that a rough race. High grip means high turning speeds means cars closer together at higher speeds means more potential for contact.

It's not unfair that a track is "too small" or doesn't have numerous passing zones. It just means that you have to be patient and set up your passes two, three, or more corners in advance or just pressure the driver in front of you until they make a mistake. Sometimes even falling back a bit so you can get a better run through a certain portion of the course will allow you to make a pass.

Drivers need to learn how to take what the race is going to give them and make the best of it. Nobody can win every race without getting some serious help from the field. Just do the math guys, if 85 to 88 is usually good enough to win your division you only need to average a 3rd place finish for the night. That means that if you win one, you can run 5th and still be on track for an 88 pt. night and that is without winning a pole.

The key is patience. Once you learn to be patient and consistent, good finishes will come your way.

Yea i see that i have calculate my points n im still here but that madrid reverse whit the ORL rules mean u just stay in your position because everytime i try a pass the racers keep the way close n the racers behind me give me pression to going more faster but I CANT i dont want to give my place for the racers behind me because the ahead racer dont want to deal whit the way

Its a game n we have to deal whit the ORL rules and im happy whit that thanks for have listening me n have a nice week!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea i see that i have calculate my points n im still here but that madrid reverse whit the ORL rules mean u just stay in your position because everytime i try a pass the racers keep the way close n the racers behind me give me pression to going more faster but I CANT i dont want to give my place for the racers behind me because the ahead racer dont want to deal whit the way

That would be racing, the guy ahead of you doesn't want to give you his spot either, he wants the extra point as much as you do. It's up to you to figure out, as bowler said, where and how to pass safely 👍

kcheeb
That would be racing, the guy ahead of you doesn't want to give you his spot either, he wants the extra point as much as you do. It's up to you to figure out, as bowler said, where and how to pass safely 👍

Or often referred to as Race Craft! ;)

Im ok whit that but the racers behind me need to calm down when im racing.If i cant deal whit ahead racer to pass, the racers behind me need to give me a little space n not race always on my bump because if i cant pass he cant pass (i just talk about madrid reverse) nothing more i didnt have probleme whit tesla race or db9 race

I'm going to be hosting some shuffle racing at 10 tonight! I'll post the room number then.

Keep at that wheel, Exo! It'll pay off in the end I promise. :)

Thanks zer0! It's already so much more fun, but you know how the universe works... As soon as you get a new toy, the world figures out numerous ways to keep you from it!!

Im ok whit that but the racers behind me need to calm down when im racing.If i cant deal whit ahead racer to pass, the racers behind me need to give me a little space n not race always on my bump because if i cant pass he cant pass (i just talk about madrid reverse) nothing more i didnt have probleme whit tesla race or db9 race

It isn't always easy, but you have to learn to keep your focus on your own race, and let your subconscious keep track of the other cars. Otherwise you'll follow the driver ahead into whatever mistake he makes, or make one yourself because the driver behind you is taking all of your attention. It isn't usually fun to have someone breathing down your neck, but you can make a lot of passes by pressuring someone into a mistake.

This is a part of driving I had no useful experience at before joining SNAIL, so stick with it and it will become second nature. 👍

It's not exactly 500PP, though. It's 500…shuffle…points…or something. The numbers don't line up with PP. Remember, it goes down to 300, but have you ever actually raced something that slow in a shuffle race?

In Official Business:

One or more of the prize winners have had penalties claimed against them. Therefore we will have to wait until tomorrow evening before prizes are chosen and next week's combinations are announced.

Back