• 149,534 comments
Race Cars
below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums​

Tuner Cars
Classified as either Street or Race cars...​

October 14th lineup:
ROUND THREE
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo[/URL](Racing Medium tires)
@Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (5 laps?)

I'm fully aware of the tuner/racer debate that went on a while back as for choosing tyres, but when did Race Mediums get added to the tire list? This is not an attempt to open a can of worms, but I missed this "memo" and would like to be pointed back to the discussion and reasoning behind this decision.

Personally I think Race Mediums are getting way too sticky for the base principles of SNAIL, but I'll reserve judgement until I hear the reasoning :)

Did you click the link showing the list of the tuner cars and the tires for each?

I'm not wondering about the race/sport tires on the tuner cars, that part I get. It is when Race Mediums were added to list that I missed. Last I looked we had Race Hards for all race/selected-tuner cars.

TUNER CAR LIST

AEM
S2000 - This is a drift car, and I'm going go with Sports tires on all drift cars

Amuse
Nismo 380RS Super Leggera - Sports
S2000 GT1 Turbo - Race - Description says that its performance equals a race car. It has full downforce front and back and

Art Morrison
Corvette '60 - Sports

Autobacs
Arta Garaiya - Race - GT300

Blitz
Dunlop ER34 Skyline '07 - Sports - Drift Car

Gran Turismo
350Z RS - Sports

Grand Touring Garage
1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer - Race - I mean, there's a net in the window!

High End Performance
G37 - Sport - I went back and forth on this one, but I'm going to guess that the intent on this car was to make it street-legal, just kind of insane.

HKS
CT230R '08 - Race - It's a circuit time-attack car, I'd guess race tires...

HPA Motorsports
FT565 Twin Turbo Audi TT - Sports

Mine's
BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base '06 - Sports

RE Amemiya
Amemiya FD3S RX-7 - Sports
Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 '06 - Race - GT300

Spoon
Spoon CR-Z - Sports

Toyota
FT-86 G Sports Concept '10 - Sports - This seems to be the only car from a major manufacturer's
dealership that is actually a tuned car. It says 'Maziora' on the car's description page, but that's the company that makes the color-shift paints.

Please list any changes/suggestions that you see. I'm working on adding cars from all manufacturers, but this is just the tuner companies so far.

Here you go.

And this
Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs

Race Cars
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

Tuner Cars
Classified as either Street or Race cars based on this list

I am most likely still not available to race this weekend, as Charter still has not ran a cable for my internet. :'( I hope to be back racing soon...

And this
Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs

Race Cars
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

Tuner Cars
Classified as either Street or Race cars based on this list

So the fact that is considered a race car gets it race tires. And the fact that it is over 600pp gets it medium compound.

Yes, but WHEN were Race Mediums added to the list Goat quoted! When I started in SNAIL a couple of months ago, the tire list had just been revised and the stickiest tires on there wer Race Hards for all race/tuner cars. Then the tuner debate started and the list Joe quoted was created to clarify. But after that the Race Mediums were added for race cars over 600pp, which I missed. SO I just want to be pointed to that discussion (if it's not insanely long) and the final reasoning behind the tire list change :)

I actually "laughed out loud" at this :) I feared this would be the answer, maybe kcheeb or zer0 can pinpoint it (or not).

With a lot of tire ware already mentioned on Fuji, perhaps it is worth staying with the racing hards....:scared:

But not sure what the issue is, but I find it kind of how F1 has the ability to use Soft or SuperSoft and some times the strategy plays a part on how Sergio Perez can pass L. Hamilton 👍 ... just saying...

Yes, but WHEN were Race Mediums added to the list Goat quoted! When I started in SNAIL a couple of months ago, the tire list had just been revised and the stickiest tires on there wer Race Hards for all race/tuner cars. Then the tuner debate started and the list Joe quoted was created to clarify. But after that the Race Mediums were added for race cars over 600pp, which I missed. SO I just want to be pointed to that discussion (if it's not insanely long) and the final reasoning behind the tire list change :)

Racing Mediums have always been an option on our tire restrictions. Here is the first change we made to the tire restrictions back on February 15th. Then we decided on a second change on April 24th. And finally, we adopted this third and most recent change on August 7th.

Yeah, you're just remembering incorrectly, pilmat. RMs have always been somewhere on the list.

Racing Mediums have always been an option on our tire restrictions. Here is the first change we made to the tire restrictions back on February 15th. Then we decided on a second change on April 24th. And finally, we adopted this third and most recent change on August 7th.

Yeah, you're just remembering incorrectly, pilmat. RMs have always been somewhere on the list.

Well that's me stumped twice in less than 12 hours :embarrassed: Must be having a cross mojo-nization from an insane September [3 Formula Ford races (finished 1-2-3 in championship), started career in NASCAR Canadian Tire (top 10 in second race), separation from wife of almost 19 years and passing of my 15 year old cat :()]. I'll have to make sure that the "if my memory serves me correctly" app is up to date and working correctly!

I hope this doesn't open up The Great Tire Debate, lets keep this pleasant :)

I'll try to mythbuster the Fuji penalty system later this evening.

Last edited:
JLBowler
Here are a couple of pics of the new setup.

It still needs some trim work done and I'm sure I will iron out some various bugs as I use it, but it will serve it's purpose for version 1.0.

Story time:

Looking good man. What size is that tv. I had one very similar. Ex threw remote through screen while I was at work. Women went nuts from pain meds the dr put her on after pregnancy. Anyway. Loved that tv. 55" and GT4 on 1080i was such a meaningful thing. first time gaming went from looks somewhat real to Wow now we are crossing reality. Back to the tv, Ended up just giving the TV to my sister as she was recently divorced and had nothing. My folks decided since I gave it her they would have the cracked screen fixed. Then when she moved she didn't want such a big tv. So we sold it for repair costs 200 iirc to a friend that was promised a 50" version of this tv from his folks about 6 yrs ago and was told recently they wasnt giving it away he have to pay them. He did some electrical work and traded labor for this tv. Basically cost him nothing. So kinda cool it is still around and has history.

Sorry for reminiscing. ;) maybe another time I will tell the story how GT4 got me a black eye. LOL

Oh screw it I'm here might as well spit it out. Preorder the game. Come home from work completely stoked about it. The ex playing this hide and seek game with me. Which at first was cute. Then after an hour I was losing patience and started to hunt it down. Well I found it. When I did the ex went berserk. Shoving me, Reaches for the game like she gonna take it. I dodge that attempt. She got really mad and fist popped me in the eye. Needless to say I ain't no fool. I reported that incident to police and had report of it. Next day I wake up with a black eye. Took me about three more years of periodic stupidity to organize my escape. LoL I had two boys with this women and wasn't about to lose them. A: I spent most the time with them and basically raised them. B: she was nuts and no way I was gonna put my two boys through a life of that. Kicked her out. She went and partied for about year. I took her to court. Got custody and ever since been stress free. Loving life.

Also this plays into my obsession with GT and prob makes sense why I went full tilt on triples and a T500. I was like, Do it now while single, Otherwise it may never happen.

Moral of this story. Don't date crazy women, no matter how hot they are and GT causes jealousy. Oh and have while you are single. Do what you want with in reason and with in the law. :)

Story time over. Some names may have been changed to protect the innocent. LoL

Owens, it's a 60 inch mitsubishi and it's set up in my garage/mancave. There's also a pool table, three couches, dart board, surround sound, and full bar complete with double kegerator.

My wife allows me all of this becasue she likes to entertain and the cave gives the men something to do while she is entertaining. It also serves as a pretty good reason for me to stay home. Why would I want to leave when I have everything here?

My wife also allows me to paticipate in the family hobby which is dirt track racing. I'm sorry you found a crazy one, mine is just about perfect. I will have been married six years on the 14th of this month and I only wish I would have found her a few years earlier.

Hey guys, was wondering if I can get in on some of this action! It looks like alot of fun..

Hey Reude108,

Thanks for your interest in S.N.A.I.L. 👍 Fun is what we have :)

Please read the following:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The first post has all the rules and regulations for S.N.A.I.L. It is the first place you need to check if you have a question. If it's not answered there, feel free to post your question on the thread.

The second post has the current race lineup for Sunday and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Story time:

Looking good man. What size is that tv. I had one very similar. Ex threw remote through screen while I was at work. Women went nuts from pain meds the dr put her on after pregnancy. Anyway. Loved that tv. 55" and GT4 on 1080i was such a meaningful thing. first time gaming went from looks somewhat real to Wow now we are crossing reality. Back to the tv, Ended up just giving the TV to my sister as she was recently divorced and had nothing. My folks decided since I gave it her they would have the cracked screen fixed. Then when she moved she didn't want such a big tv. So we sold it for repair costs 200 iirc to a friend that was promised a 50" version of this tv from his folks about 6 yrs ago and was told recently they wasnt giving it away he have to pay them. He did some electrical work and traded labor for this tv. Basically cost him nothing. So kinda cool it is still around and has history.

Sorry for reminiscing. ;) maybe another time I will tell the story how GT4 got me a black eye. LOL

Oh screw it I'm here might as well spit it out. Preorder the game. Come home from work completely stoked about it. The ex playing this hide and seek game with me. Which at first was cute. Then after an hour I was losing patience and started to hunt it down. Well I found it. When I did the ex went berserk. Shoving me, Reaches for the game like she gonna take it. I dodge that attempt. She got really mad and fist popped me in the eye. Needless to say I ain't no fool. I reported that incident to police and had report of it. Next day I wake up with a black eye. Took me about three more years of periodic stupidity to organize my escape. LoL I had two boys with this women and wasn't about to lose them. A: I spent most the time with them and basically raised them. B: she was nuts and no way I was gonna put my two boys through a life of that. Kicked her out. She went and partied for about year. I took her to court. Got custody and ever since been stress free. Loving life.

Also this plays into my obsession with GT and prob makes sense why I went full tilt on triples and a T500. I was like, Do it now while single, Otherwise it may never happen.

Moral of this story. Don't date crazy women, no matter how hot they are and GT causes jealousy. Oh and have while you are single. Do what you want with in reason and with in the law. :)

Story time over. Some names may have been changed to protect the innocent. LoL

Wow, glad I'm not the only one at the bad end of a crazy ex. If this were 100 years ago, the hands on thing woukdbhave only happened once. But alas, I don't condone hitting women, or mentally ****ed people, and my ex fit both bills. We too had a child together, but she was able to maintain custody, for now anyway. Been working up a cause to save my daughter from the clutches of psycho. Nearly ruined me though, it took a long time to finally settle in with my wife. Some things are hard to forget or let go of. But this girl is special, and I know nit to pass up a good thing, or a good woman. And where m ex would have probably busted up my Ps3 for all the time I did and plan on again spend on racing, my wife is only upset that we can budget the gear needed to get her racing with me. Keeper for sure.

Is there any other option in S.N.A.I.L. ;)

From watching replays of previous races I see that some like to get creative by using various track shortening techniques....but this track is pretty unforgiving with penalties on.

ok so at spa with the s2000 I ran a 2:18.942 after about 5 laps so I'm not broken in yet. at Fuji with the camaro I ran a 1:38.895 after a few laps. I haven't even started the Bette yet. can any other D4 guys give me an idea of if my times are on par with the rest of you ? it would be appreciated. thanks.

Back