◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
OK, got it. Ill give you my best seca lap soon... as far as the car number I would like to use, do I post it here?

Good stuff 👍

Yes, check the spreadsheet I linked you and then post your car/tire/number choices in this thread :)

what is broken in?

Ran with about 200 miles in and an oil change (increases your HP and PP).

Zero,
if you are still looking for a Host, you can sign me up for D4 and confirm the photo gig.

Division 4 Responsibilities

* Director ---------- cmbeal317
* Division Steward -- Handlebar
* Statistician ------- ChuthuluGoat
* Photographer ----- Wolfsatz?
* Primary Host ------ *looking for volunteer*
* Backup Host ------ TBD

Last edited:
what is broken in?

When you buy a new car from the Dealership, it needs to be broke-in for 300 km (187 miles). First is to change the oil right after buying it. I know it seems dumb and is, but this gives a few more HP right away. Then most of us use B-spec to accomplish the mileage (I use Laguna Seca 200 miles). Then change the oil again and you are at full horsepower :) This is one of the features/idiosyncrancies of GT5!

Note, if you buy from the Online Dearlership, the cars only need an oil change and they are at full HP. Used cars with reasonable mileage also just need an oil change, unreasonable mileage (>100,000 miles) will probably benefit from an engine rebuild.

I would like to volunteer to be the statistician for D1. I'm assuming that's the person who fills in the Best laps, gap, start positions, and what not. I don't have the replays saved from this week, but I'll save them all next week and every race I'm in.

Note, if you buy from the Online Dearlership, the cars only need an oil change and they are at full HP. Used cars with reasonable mileage also just need an oil change, unreasonable mileage (>100,000 miles) will probably benefit from an engine rebuild.

Aren't the cars in the online dealership 0 miles? They still need to be broken in. It's the cars in the Used dealership that have over 187 miles (you'd be surprised how many don't) that need not be broken in. Or am I mistaken?

Aren't the cars in the online dealership 0 miles? They still need to be broken in. It's the cars in the Used dealership that have over 187 miles (you'd be surprised how many don't) that need not be broken in. Or am I mistaken?

You're mistaken :) Online dealership cars are Standard and fall in a weird space of not requiring breaking in. But you are correct about used cars under 187 miles need to be run up to 187 miles for full HP/pp.

On the other hand, I've been wrong twice recently...

I would like to volunteer to be the statistician for D1. I'm assuming that's the person who fills in the Best laps, gap, start positions, and what not. I don't have the replays saved from this week, but I'll save them all next week and every race I'm in.

That's awesome, thanks!

We use SugarSync to upload the replays for review by the Stewards. We'll be able to get you access to them and the Public Spreadsheet. I'll send you a pm with some questions and instructions 👍

You are correct. The Online Dealer is always zero miles.
The UCD has the whole range.

breaking in cars now, who wants to practice around 10pm!? I am going to need it, as Fuji is one of my weakest courses.

Not sure if I'll be able to jump in around 10pm tonight, but the only tips I can give are to use somewhat of a late turn in on the last sector through the twisties, and for the majority of the lap try to float it in easy and drive off hard. Especially the last corner because the front straightaway is soooooo long.

When you buy a new car from the Dealership, it needs to be broke-in for 300 km (187 miles). First is to change the oil right after buying it. I know it seems dumb and is, but this gives a few more HP right away. Then most of us use B-spec to accomplish the mileage (I use Laguna Seca 200 miles). Then change the oil again and you are at full horsepower :) This is one of the features/idiosyncrancies of GT5!

interesting, I didn't know that, thanks :)

We ran a few break-in/practice races in D1 last night at Fuji and Owens and were running high 1:36's mid race. No qualifying laps or anything like that.

Fun racing...lotsa room. But also alot of room for aggressive drivers to dive bomb and stick their front bumpers in and try to make room for themselves. So expect some interesting races :)

Hey guys, was wondering if I can get in on some of this action! It looks like alot of fun..

Oh my, another alien has arrived :scared:. D1 might is going to be much more challenging then it was 3 weeks ago. Anyways welcome to SNAIL :)

VELOCI_2NR

Fantastic, I keep missing replays. PM me your email address and I'll get you added.

You're mistaken :) Online dealership cars are Standard and fall in a weird space of not requiring breaking in. But you are correct about used cars under 187 miles need to be run up to 187 miles for full HP/pp.

On the other hand, I've been wrong twice recently...

You are correct. The Online Dealer is always zero miles.
The UCD has the whole range.

Alright.

pilmat is right, Wolf is right (mostly), and Veloci is only partly right.

OCD cars always come with 0 miles but do not benefit from breaking them in. (We've used OCD cars in SNAIL, and so have experimented with this)

UCD cars with less than full break-in mileage will benefit from braking them in fully.

Took me about three more years of periodic stupidity to organize my escape. LoL I had two boys with this women and wasn't about to lose them. A: I spent most the time with them and basically raised them. B: she was nuts and no way I was gonna put my two boys through a life of that. Kicked her out. She went and partied for about year. I took her to court. Got custody and ever since been stress free. Loving life.

Sounds like you made the right decision. 👍

Also this plays into my obsession with GT and prob makes sense why I went full tilt on triples and a T500. I was like, Do it now while single, Otherwise it may never happen.

Got any pics of your triple setup? :D

JoeW
We ran a few break-in/practice races in D1 last night at Fuji and Owens and were running high 1:36's mid race. No qualifying laps or anything like that.

Fun racing...lotsa room. But also alot of room for aggressive drivers to dive bomb and stick their front bumpers in and try to make room for themselves. So expect some interesting races :)

I guess I need to improve my 140 lap time. You guys are asininely fast. I'm not doing bad for a month of racing though haha.

Good stuff 👍

Yes, check the spreadsheet I linked you and then post your car/tire/number choices in this thread :)

Im not sure about colors yet, but I would like to run #18. Do we run the same colors every week?
Going to go with Monaco Orange car, and black wheels

Last edited:
The only way it should be 6 laps is if you're running slower than 1:40.xxx per lap. I know I'm not that slow and the car wasn't even broken in yet. 7 laps is the right number.

I guess I need to improve my 140 lap time. You guys are asininely fast. I'm not doing bad for a month of racing though haha.

I only broke 1:40 with a really good draft.

But, I've been playing online weekly for over a year now. :(

I'm old and slow, though. In real life, I'm proud to say that I get my little Toyota to do 31 MPG by driving nice and easy. I sort of float along.

To all drivers participating in SNAIL:

If you leave the racing surface for any reason or incur a penalty for any reason, you must stay out of the racing line until it is safe for you to re-enter the racing line. It is only safe to re-enter the racing line when you can do so without impeding the progress of any other driver on the track. If this means you have to drive through the grass while five or six or the entire field of drivers goes by you, then that is what you have to do. Under no circumstances should you re-enter the track or racing line if doing so is going to cause another driver to take evasive action to avoid contact with you. This applies weather or not your car is ghosted or solid. Leaving the track is defined by leaving the racing surface. If you run wide on a corner with runoff area and cross the white line and rumble strips, you have left the track and must follow the procedure from above.

zer05ive
Sounds like you made the right decision. 👍

Got any pics of your triple setup? :D

I do have. I'll edit this post from my phone and link up some pics and a lil video that shows them well.

In D1 now. The S2000 is a 7spd. So sick when there is a seventh gear on the TH8. I was a little giddy pushing the shifter into 7th. LoL

Zero,
if you are still looking for a Host, you can sign me up for D4 and confirm the photo gig.

Division 4 Responsibilities

* Director ---------- cmbeal317
* Division Steward -- Handlebar
* Statistician ------- ChuthuluGoat
* Photographer ----- Wolfsatz?
* Primary Host ------ *looking for volunteer*
* Backup Host ------ TBD

Thanks to both of you for volunteering! I've updated the responsibilities post to reflect your new duties. 👍

Is there anyone in D1 or D5 who's good with a virtual camera? :D

Ok here is one heck of a post detailing my rig(s)
•
•
•

The goods prior to set up:
f67a893b.jpg

•
Rig build:
efd7dd6b.jpg
9cd344c6.jpg
5e1ba944.jpg
34fa681e.jpg
0b12b8e9.jpg

•
Triple Rig Build:
efd7dd6b.jpg
f4768f1d.jpg
7b31318c.jpg

•
Custom equipment stand:
510596e7.jpg

•
Some pics and video of trips in action:

aa04b827.jpg
5a5edb1b.jpg
0efa3cd2.jpg

•Videos:
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/NiCad_RC/70813ff9.mp4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sfQhF0pdDw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulZi52OxsfM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

•
Bonus stuff:

Kids fully adjustable DFGT rig-
aa5f3989.jpg
de89b2c3.jpg

Custom Paddle mod:
feff471f.jpg
451b3822.jpg

•
First rig I built G27 with inverted pedals. All pedals and shifter placement was based off my Evo 8:
cd92bcd2.jpg
a5a191b5.jpg
74ee9d11.jpg
AD02DD5B-EB50-4CF8-B3EF-3332DFD0A907-3168-000002E8D358F3D5.jpg

•••••
Hope you guys enjoy the pics and videos. Been a lot of fun building these rigs and SIM racing. The ability to build my own rigs has allowed me the extra to do things like trips. That and a decent tax check. ;)

Last edited:
Back