◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,528 comments
I mean, even if they squash the grinding, there is still decent change to be made now. A 1hr custom race netted me $500k yesterday. That's plenty fair.
Yup. I'm liking the 1.48mil I'm knockin out every 27 minutes or so though. And, I can eat lunch while B-Spec Roberto Bocephus drives the car for me. It's entirely possible I'll hit credit cap sometime today. Certainly by tomorrow.

There is a point of diminishing returns on the custom races. I think I've seen that right around 100km the increases for going longer slow way down.

Using the current rubber band method, I have the race set to 15 laps. As long as I can go without my Abarth catching and trying to lap the Tomahawks.

So far, on the 25 lapper, with the left side of the controller resting on a glove to keep it drifting right, I've had only 1 out of 5 not get the clean race bonus. The fiat catches a slow hawk around lap 17 and the rest of the field around lap 20-23 and generally passes them clean. If I'm watching at that point I find I'm rooting for the hawks to gtf out of the way.

Yeah, I read about the diminishing returns thing at 100km too and that Daytona oval 25 laps is exactly that.

My abarth is running low 53s. It has dipped into the 52s a couple times.

Last edited:
So far, on the 25 lapper, with the left side of the controller resting on a glove to keep it drifting right, I've had only 1 out of 5 not get the clean race bonus. The fiat catches a slow hawk around lap 17 and the rest of the field around lap 20-23 and generally passes them clean. If I'm watching at that point I find I'm rooting for the hawks to gtf out of the way.

Yeah, I read about the diminishing returns thing at 100km too and that Daytona oval 25 laps is exactly that.

My abarth is running low 53s. It has dipped into the 52s a couple times.
My Abarth is only running 1:02 or so and is catching Tomahawks at the end of lap 15. I suspect that I have something off on my Abarth tune as it doesn't give me a number for it's PP rating. I only get a triangle with and ! inside of it where the number should be.

My Abarth is only running 1:02 or so and is catching Tomahawks at the end of lap 15. I suspect that I have something off on my Abarth tune as it doesn't give me a number for it's PP rating. I only get a triangle with and ! inside of it where the number should be.
I set mine up as this post shows. I wasn't able to get the gear ratios exactly and I used the mid turbo instead of the high. Reckon I should've stated I'm putting the slow hawk a lap down by L17 and the rest of the field around 20-23. Almost 600miles on that fiat now. Got about 10hrs to cap.

I think as soon as I swapped the motor in the PP rating went to that triangle+! thing.

Last edited:
I set mine up as this post shows. I wasn't able to get the gear ratios exactly and I used the mid turbo instead of the high. Reckon I should've stated I'm putting the slow hawk a lap down by L17 and the rest of the field around 20-23. Almost 600miles on that fiat now. Got about 10hrs to cap.

I think as soon as I swapped the motor in the PP rating went to that triangle+! thing.
I don't remember if I added any of the tuning parts outside of the differential and transmission. Will have to check tonight.

I don't remember if I added any of the tuning parts outside of the differential and transmission. Will have to check tonight.
I put pretty much everything on it. As @Famine stated in another thread, can't find it at the moment, "tuned to the tits".

That's awesome. :lol:

:42's for me. I don't have the patience for anything more than 11 or 12 Laps. Was still getting 800k this morning

Edit: Abarth at Daytona

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I like going back to street cars on sport tires and race cars on racing tires. The only extra work it would require is to create another label in the current Gr. category for other race cars and assign them tires based on that group number. The other issue with this is the VGT cars. A decision would need to be made to classify them as street or race on an individual basis or throw them all into the race category. They aren't selected much and I would prefer to keep it simple with them.
For simplicity, I vote making a VGT label/group and classify them as race cars. Most seem to be in the Gr.3 realm with exceptions like the Suzuki at the low end and Tomahawk at the high end.

Tonight's liveries.
2023-11-12 Combos.jpg

@Dragonwhisky If you can't make it tonight, I will host the warm up lobby from 7PM to 9PM as usual.

@A_Higher_Place I hope you can make it work for tonight, especially for the first combo ;) Hopefully it will survive at least a week.

Last edited:
I have read the first post and would like to join. I found this league through Google.
@ShommieSine

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

@Dragonwhisky If you can't make it tonight, I will host the warm up lobby from 7PM to 9PM as usual.

That'd be mighty fine, whether I can make it or not, sir. I plan to attend the first 4 and I'll find a car to put on the track during warmup of combo 3.

Did run some TT laps in that 190. Holy body roll batman!

Host should start on time. The only reason to delay start is to allow a driver already in the lobby their 3 minutes to sort out connection issues

Back