◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I just wanted to remind everyone (especially the new guys) about our weekly schedule. As you can see we have practice races every Wednesday night featuring the same lineup that we'll be racing on Sunday night. Two room numbers will be posted at about 9:50PM Eastern.

If you're assigned to Division 1 or Division 2 (or you placed in the top 5 of Division 3 this past Sunday) please join the BLUE ROOM

Everyone else, will need to join the RED ROOM

Last week, we had several drivers join the wrong room because they followed someone else into the room. Therefore, I'd like to remind everyone that if you follow someone into a room, please first make sure they are assigned to the same room that you are. Thanks!

We had a problem like that at Eau Rouge in D3 last week. A couple of cars got into each other and one went off spinning. tez and I had to go wide to the right in the runoff area to avoid joining the collision. It was the right thing to do even if it could be considered going four wheels off because it avoided the bigger problem. Fortunately for us, the game didn't give us a penalty.

Obviously if the problem happens so close to you that you have no reaction time to avoid it you will probably be safe from a penalty. Obviously you need to do everything in your power to avoid such problems, as we, the stewards, can see how long you actually had to make a defensive move.

I just wanted to remind everyone (especially the new guys) about our weekly schedule. As you can see we have practice races every Wednesday night featuring the same lineup that we'll be racing on Sunday night. Two room numbers will be posted at about 9:50PM Eastern.

If you're assigned to Division 1 or Division 2 (or you placed in the top 5 of Division 3 this past Sunday) please join the BLUE ROOM

Last week, we had several drivers join the wrong room because they followed someone else into the room. Therefore, I'd like to remind everyone that if you follow someone into a room, please first make sure they are assigned to the same room that you are. Thanks!

I had connection problems with the room I was assigned last Wednesday.
If something similar happens this week and the other room has spots open can we try to join that one?

Dirty SNAIL at 4 guys, come ready for fun and remember, track vote means Random though you can pick which parenthesis you pick and winner picks recommended list car to use for next race.

Citroën C4 WRC at Trial Mountain 8 Laps

Sorry for double post but ITS TIME!!! Practice until track reset at 4 for a 10 minute qualifying period.

Cancelled

Last edited:

Zer0, no problem. Clear out some space in your PM box.

Dirty SNAIL is cancelled for now due to lack of interest, if I can get more interested, I will start it up again.

Dirty SNAIL is cancelled for now due to lack of interest, if I can get more interested, I will start it up again.

I wish you luck getting the dirty SNAIL up and running, but I think it might struggle to take off. Personally, I find racing clean is something I do all the time. It is the only way I know how to race and to "switch" my brain is difficult. I would go as far as saying that racing clean is something that you ARE, not just something you do, and it becomes a way of life (just like racing itself does). So SNAIL folks are inherently clean racers and will struggle with the "Dirty" concept.

Just my 2 cents.

Its not racing dirty as much as it is no rules, so you can just keep the same style you race with in regular SNAIL, just shut off the politeness gene in your head. Dirty just has a ring to it :sly:

It's all about respect for your fellow man. Says alot about who you are if you naturally race dirty or don't respect the space of the people around you.

This is nothing about you Jahgee...I know you are a clean racer. But like Pilmat is saying, it's hard to just turn your self into a disrespectful human if you aren't that way normally.

Some here would probably relish the opportunity to get dirty ;) Some of the really aggressive drivers would have no problem turning to the dark side.

This was written before your above post Jahgee.

What I am essentially trying to create is a weekly series using the SNAIL cars that you already have with no rules and no threat of "Oh crap if I accidentally hit him going into this turn I'll get a penalty."

Yes. This is right.

Thanks, that is helpful 👍

I don't think you are going to get enough 'interest' at this timeframe.

Consider changing it closer to our regular 10 EST start times and you may get more to join your Dirty Snail. :) Just an idea!

It's all about respect for your fellow man. Says alot about who you are if you naturally race dirty or don't respect the space of the people around you.

This is nothing about you Jahgee...I know you are a clean racer. But like Pilmat is saying, it's hard to just turn your self into a disrespectful human if you aren't that way normally.

Some here would probably relish the opportunity to get dirty ;) Some of the really aggressive drivers would have no problem turning to the dark side.

Well saying that driving agressively makes you a "disrepectful human" might be a little bit of a stretch. I know one thing for sure, if it weren't for the strict rules of SNAIL, I would push the envelope a lot farther on sunday nights

I think if I understand Jahgee he's not going for a total, lawless brawl, he just wants to give people a chance to drive as hard as they've always wanted to without worrying about gettin a penalty if they screw up, and I think thats a great idea. I'd participate if I had more free time to devote to racing

Ok I'm confused. Bought a new Camaro SS '10 from NCD, race modded the thing, broke it in, changed the oil. Haven't added any parts nor changed any settings but when I set the room to "Tuning Prohibited" it won't let this car in. Anyone know what gives?

JoeW

I agree. I'm one of the ones who struggles to turn it off and on. I'm naturally a clean driver so its hard for me to turn that off. I can be more aggressive but the clean gene still takes over.

Ok I'm confused. Bought a new Camaro SS '10 from NCD, race modded the thing, broke it in, changed the oil. Haven't added any parts nor changed any settings but when I set the room to "Tuning Prohibited" it won't let this car in. Anyone know what gives?

Reset transmission. It sometimes changes when you RM a car.

Reset transmission. It sometimes changes when you RM a car.

Ok. Thanks. That worked. How silly is that? Reset to default, none of the gearing changed but now it'll let me in a tuning prohibited room.

Ok. Thanks. That worked. How silly is that? Reset to default, none of the gearing changed but now it'll let me in a tuning prohibited room.

I think it the final gear that changes ever so slightly & yes it's very silly.

Dragonwhisky

That happened to me. Go to drivetrain and set the transmission back to default and you will be able to get in.

Well saying that driving agressively makes you a "disrepectful human" might be a little bit of a stretch. I know one thing for sure, if it weren't for the strict rules of SNAIL, I would push the envelope a lot farther on sunday nights

I meant the people who constantly try to occupy the same real estate that you are currently racing on. And they constantly make contact and try to pass in areas where the outcome will always be unclean.

Disrespectful human was stretching it...but it is disrespectful and we are humans :)

I had connection problems with the room I was assigned last Wednesday.
If something similar happens this week and the other room has spots open can we try to join that one?

Yes, that's fine. I monitor both rooms so I always know who's having connection issues anyways.

Zer0, no problem. Clear out some space in your PM box.

Sorry about that! :ouch: Space has been cleared. Look out for another PM from me shortly.

The only problem with moving Dirty SNAIL to that time slot is that I can't make races later than 8.

That, unfortunately will kill your plans. I usually get home around 6:30 on weekdays and sometimes later if I go to dinner with some friends or co-workers. I would say the majority of SNAIL racers has a 9-5 job and other priorities as well.

I think today was a pretty good indication of how many people are:

A. Interested
B. Have a flexible schedule.

:lol:

Thanks for the congrats on winning Prize C. I'll take a level 14 ticket.

I'm 3 cars away from having all of them except the chrome lines and stealth models. Hopefully I can land the Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car.

I just sent a Level 14 ticket to ya. Good luck getting that NSR-R Prototype!

Back