◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,632 comments
I'm still surprised that the Aston lasted three weeks, or even more if it gets frozen by the prize B or C winner.

@Dragonwhisky I just want to remind you that the Jimny is available if you need inspiration :lol:
Well, I've been voting for it every week, so, not from lack of me trying.
I've already done my whacky, silly pick for the next several years. Yer probably not gonna' like what I put up next either. It's got tendencies similar to that Genesis you love so much. Although it ain't near as mental under acceleration, it doesn't like to turn in under braking much. It does, however, benefit from oodles of torque and some downforce and tires that actually work.
You or Nick can throw that slow and slippery Zuk down next week. I don't really want to drive it anywhere but on dirt or snow.

So, in honor/despite of/for that madbastardly TT hardly anyone wants to do, and without further adieu, I give you Prize A;

Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series '20, BC cost only ¥420,000, I got it as a reward or roulette, at 711.08PP on RM shoes and 719HP, rolling on Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Full Course - S11, Sunset, at or around 1:46.000 MDLT.

I actually like the way the Italia handled Monza in the CE better than this car, even if the AMG was faster around it. I'll let someone else choose that car to run somewhere, after this combo gets broomed on Sunday.

Last edited:
Well, I've been voting for it every week, so, not from lack of me trying.
I've already done my whacky, silly pick for the next several years. Yer probably not gonna' like what I put up next either. It's got tendencies similar to that Genesis you love so much. Although it ain't near as mental under acceleration, it doesn't like to turn in under braking much. It does, however, benefit from oodles of torque and some downforce and tires that actually work.
You or Nick can throw that slow and slippery Zuk down next week. I don't really want to drive it anywhere but on dirt or snow.

So, in honor/despite of/for that madbastardly TT hardly anyone wants to do, and without further adieu, I give you Prize A;

Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series '20, BC cost only ¥420,000, I got it as a reward or roulette, at 711.08PP on RM shoes and 719HP, rolling on Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Full Course - S11, Sunset, at or around 1:46.000 MDLT.

I actually like the way the Italia handled Monza in the CE better than this car, even if the AMG was faster around it. I'll let someone else chose that car to run somewhere, after this combo gets broomed on Sunday.
That first chicane is not good for my probation. Great pick though!

@A_Higher_Place We all probably better have long, pointed conversations with our left feet, unless you're @Worst_Driver, who should be addressing his right foot. The merc is not as bad as the Genesis into T1 but it will require braking earlier than most of us would like. Took me 5 laps to pick a brake point that would get me into the Prima Variante clean, but not quickly. By the 6th lap I'd settled on that little side road on the left before the 200m marker. The first left of Ascari is another bitch kitty for this car. If you make that part good though you can almost plant the pedal to the mat around the right and left exiting. Might have to lift just a little to keep it in bounds.

My reviews of the 2 incidents I can review is complete.

Last edited:
@Dragonwhisky I will need more practice than usual with that combo, but I’m OK to be out of my confort zone from time to time and you picking brand central cars instead of UCD and LCD varies the selection a little bit.

And that TT is one of the hardest one in a while. I can get between 2 and 2.5% of the top time but it took me all that I got to get below 3%.

Last edited:
@Dragonwhisky I will need more practice than usual with that combo, but I’m OK to be out of my confort zone from time to time and you picking brand central cars instead of UCD and LCD varies the selection a little bit.

And that TT is one of the hardest one in a while. I can get between 2 and 2.5% of the top time but it took me all that I got to get below 3%.
That TT is insane. I pray that I am safe in the gold right now with a 38.903. I have an optimal time of 38.5xx but cannot string it together.

Well drivers were gonna take a short drive down the road from Brands Hatch in the Aston Martin DB5 '64 (78 miles) to be exact , to Goodwood Motor Circuit, late morning, s15 hazy,cloudless and pleasant. with a mid division lap of 1:28.000
I want to see the most vintage liveries you SNAILs can find. It's time to go retro retro.

Back in the day, liveries were just a gumball/number plate. Until the mid 1960s, it wasn't only frowned upon but plainly against the rules to run any advertising on your race car in most "European style road racing" as it circuit racing was known in the US at the time. It was gentlemen racing, which was at it's late peak at the time of the DB5. By the late 1960s, cost and the growth of the sport mandated better funded teams, which meant to grow beyond a certain point you need to allow outside sponsorship. That is why you'll see most road racing cars, even Grand Prix cars through the 50s and early 60s were adorned with little more than their numbers.

Last edited:
I have read the first post and would like to join again if y'all would have me back. It's been several months since I last raced in the league, and I'd like to give it another shot. Thank you.
@TexHill

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

Back in the day, liveries were just a gumball/number plate. Until the mid 1960s, it wasn't only frowned upon but plainly against the rules to run any advertising on your race car in most "European style road racing" as it circuit racing was known in the US at the time. It was gentlemen racing, which was at it's late peak at the time of the DB5. By the late 1960s, cost and the growth of the sport mandated better funded teams, which meant to grow beyond a certain point you need to allow outside sponsorship. That is why you'll see most road racing cars, even Grand Prix cars through the 50s and early 60s were adorned with little more than their numbers.
I've been reading a biography of Carroll Shelby, and it talks about the "gentlemen racing" back then and the subterfuge that they would resort to in order to pay the drivers under the table. Racing was - and still is to some extent - a rich man's sport, and the fact that a poor chicken farmer from east Texas was able to be noticed and drive for some of the most influential, manufacturer backed racing teams is pretty remarkable.

I've been reading a biography of Carroll Shelby, and it talks about the "gentlemen racing" back then and the subterfuge that they would resort to in order to pay the drivers under the table. Racing was - and still is to some extent - a rich man's sport, and the fact that a poor chicken farmer from east Texas was able to be noticed and drive for some of the most influential, manufacturer backed racing teams is pretty remarkable.

It was. As sports cars became more popular with servicemen returning from occupied Europe, the demand for motorsports activities broadened and the sport slowly became more accessible. As they were mostly wealthy folks driving expensive cars for sport, the etiquette and attitudes about driving were different. Below is an excerpt from Walt Hansgen's biography;

0124240441.jpg 0124240446a.jpg

Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, February 4th, 2024 Lineup
February 2024 Season League Night #1

1. Aston Martin DB5 '64 on SH Tires @ Goodwood Full Course - S15 Late Morning - (11 Laps)
2. Honda S2000 '99 on SM Tires @ Autopolis - Full Course - S03 Afternoon - (7 Laps)
3. AMG Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series '20 on RM Tires @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza - S11 Sunset - (9 Laps)

February 4th Combos.png

Assuming you are referring to the Civic TT, it wasn't quite as much fun as the RCR Civic but close.
Do you have any tips for FF cars? They are my weak spot and I'd love to improve. What are your secrets, wizard?

Also, to all SNAILS: what wheel (if any) are you using? If you recently switched from one wheel to another, have you noticed an increase in your pace?

I am trying to gauge how limited I may be with my G29.

Last edited:
Back