◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,627 comments
I tested each suggestion and all of them were alot of fun to test with.

1. @JamCar0ne Alot of fun to drive on Broad Bean raceway.
2. @Skills Lots of fun driving on a classic track in reverse.
3. @Worst_Driver Challenging to drive on Alsace reverse.
4. @CANOWORMS1 Plenty of grip and fun to test.
5. @TexHill Fun on a twisty and turn course.

Combo i am going to pick will be @Worst_Driver. All suggestions were wonderful to test out but i find this time around driving around on Alsace Village Reverse was a blast with the car that Worst picked.

Car: De Tomaso Mangusta '69
Track: Alsace Village Reverse
Time of Day: S01 Late Morning
Time i got on track was 2:17.169
Tires: SM
Color me surprised, I didn't expect my suggestion to be picked but I'm very happy. You said you wanted challenging and fun so I did my best, I'm glad you liked it ! We have three very diverse combos for sunday night, looking forward to it.
2024-02-18 Combos.jpg

Color me surprised, I didn't expect my suggestion to be picked but I'm very happy. You said you wanted challenging and fun so I did my best, I'm glad you liked it ! We have three very diverse combos for sunday night, looking forward to it.
View attachment 1328381
Looks like you’re ready to go for Sunday @Worst_Driver. You create these yourself?

I got lucky as I just bought the Mangusta last time it was available in late January.

I’ll share my liveries when I’m done but they won’t be as neat as yours. They’ll be in my usual themes.

Last edited:
Looks like you’re ready to go for Sunday @Worst_Driver. You create these yourself?

I got lucky as I just bought the Mangusta last time it was available in late January.

I’ll share my liveries when I’m done but they won’t be as neat as yours. They’ll be in my usual themes.
No, I'm way too impatient to deal with the livery editor I prefer to leave that to talented and patient people. I pick my liveries in the showcase and I love retro, vintage liveries or weird ones.

I rather like your livery pattern and how you adapt it to different cars...never thought I'd see a ''Radio Canada'' sticker while passing a car on track.

Last edited:
Been knocking out the CEs for tracks SNAIL will never run on Sundays. I gotta say I'm having quite a bit of fun with them. Louise & Colorado done. Did Windmills some time ago. Worked Fisherman's to all sector golds and silver in the full lap tonight in 55.1MoT. I'd have to rate Fisherman's as the nordschleife of the dirt/snow tracks. Damn fun though. Even the bad laps. I gotta' run my G29 with the torque at 2, to keep it from beating itself to death. Running the torque split on the car at 45/55 too. My leaderboard's pretty empty folks. 🤪 Did ya'll already do it and haven't been back since the wipe?

Last edited:

Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, February 18th, 2024 Lineup
February 2024 Season League Night #2

1. De Tomaso Mangusta '69 on SM Tires @ Alsace Village - Reverse - S01 Late Morning - (7 Laps)
2. Honda S2000 '99 on SM Tires @ Autopolis - Full Course - S03 Afternoon - (7 Laps)
3. Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette '84 on RM Tires @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza - S11 Sunset - (8 Laps)

February 18th Combos.png

Last edited:
Been knocking out the CEs for tracks SNAIL will never run on Sundays. I gotta say I'm having quite a bit of fun with them. Louise & Colorado done. Did Windmills some time ago. Worked Fisherman's to all sector golds and silver in the full lap tonight in 55.1MoT. I'd have to rate Fisherman's as the nordschleife of the dirt/snow tracks. Damn fun though. Even the bad laps. I gotta' run my G29 with the torque at 2, to keep it from beating itself to death. Running the torque split on the car at 45/55 too. My leaderboard's pretty empty folks. 🤪 Did ya'll already do it and haven't been back since the wipe?
Ran it some time ago with same result as you, gold all sectors and silver for the lap. Tried again this morning and found the jump physics better but still baffled by them. Could probably get gold if I would have run a few more laps, but became flustered after crashing into barrier on the last big downhill jump in the final sector on multiple laps. :irked: Trying to maintain any type of speed there and the car behaves unrealistic on the jump. Wants to do a barrel roll! :mad: Only way I've been able to take it successfully is to tap the brakes before takeoff. Anyone have a better method? Was running 50/50 split with brakes at -4 to front.

Ran it some time ago with same result as you, gold all sectors and silver for the lap. Tried again this morning and found the jump physics better but still baffled by them. Could probably get gold if I would have run a few more laps, but became flustered after crashing into barrier on the last big downhill jump in the final sector on multiple laps. :irked: Trying to maintain any type of speed there and the car behaves unrealistic on the jump. Wants to do a barrel roll! :mad: Only way I've been able to take it successfully is to tap the brakes before takeoff. Anyone have a better method? Was running 50/50 split with brakes at -4 to front.
Doubt my replay will help you, since your lap is faster than mine. I did one check out lap after I'd completed the sectors, to see where I stood with a full lap, took me about 8 tries to get a full lap and was surprised it was up to silver, and called it a night. If your talking about that jump on the long downhill in the last sector, while during the lap I missed shifting to 6th before the jump and probably costing me a full second, during my efforts on the individual sectors I'm pretty sure I was flat out in 6th. Mighta' lifted a tad just to get the nose down. I focused on hitting the jump dead center with no drift or wobble in the car and let her fly, foot to the mat in the air.
Anyways, here's my first and only, sloppy lap replay:

BTW Jam working a project at the MP TT and I moved a little up the board from you. Come get some!

Last edited:
hey guys I’m new here. I’m still waiting to be sorted into a division, but hopefully that will happen today and I can get out there for race 3 tonight! I don’t have the cars for combo 1 and 2 unfortunately.

I’m still kind of new to this game. I look forward to seeing you all out there. I hope to be able to race tonight!

hey guys I’m new here. I’m still waiting to be sorted into a division, but hopefully that will happen today and I can get out there for race 3 tonight! I don’t have the cars for combo 1 and 2 unfortunately.

I’m still kind of new to this game. I look forward to seeing you all out there. I hope to be able to race tonight!
If you have completed the required reading, answered the test questions and submitted your time trial be in the lookout for a message in this thread from @JLBowler later this morning announcing the new drivers.

About combo 1, I can’t run it tonight. Something is bugged with my Mangusta on Alsace. My steering stops responding in 2 areas or lags making it impossible for me to stay on track consistently. I tried the Dior version and I have none of these problems.
Anyone else experiencing something similar?

guess I'm not running combo 1 don't have the car
Yeah I’m not sure if I’ll be racing, with only 2 of the 3 cars for tonight’s combos.
@CdnSweetTee will certainly not be racing, she’s only got 1 of the 3 and one of them is not available right now, the other is a little too much, credit wise.
Good luck all

IMPORTANT: Do not put wide wheels and wider offset on the Mangusta. The wheels rub in the wheelwells, block the steering and it makes the car undriveable as the Mangusta has lots of body roll and needs all the room in the wheelwell.

Once I reverted back to stock width and offset, the car returned to its stock handling. Wheel diameter doesn't seem to impact the handling.

@Buffalo_DRD @CANOWORMS1 @Skills you guys might want to change your wheel width and offset, by looking at your photos you might encounter the same problem I just had while practicing.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT: Do not put wide wheels and wider offset on the Mangusta. The wheels rub in the wheelwells, block the steering and it makes the car undriveable as the Mangusta has lots of body roll and needs all the room in the wheelwell.

Once I reverted back to stock width and offset, the car returned to its stock handling. Wheel diameter doesn't seem to impact the handling.

@Buffalo_DRD @CANOWORMS1 @Skills you guys might want to change your wheel width and offset, by looking at your photos you might encounter the same problem I just had while practicing.
I downloaded a livery but I didn’t remember having to buy wheels when I applied it. I will check. Thanks!

Is this why you are so much faster? You're running the wide wheel/offset spec while I'm running the dealership spec?

Is this why you are so much faster? You're running the wide wheel/offset spec while I'm running the dealership spec?
I'll bite, because there isn't enough talk about the little things.

The difference in lap times between different size wheels and tyres varies by car, and by track. It depends upon many factors including the balance of the car in stock form, its individual strengths and weaknesses, and suspension design and clearance. IMO, they did a good job with this stuff in the game, they just did a terrible job of explaining it to the players. Sort of how after all this time most don't understand the effects of the different settings of grip reduction off the racing line, slipstream, tyre wear multiplier, etc.

Anyway, depending upon the car you can find small gains in changing wheel size, just like other modifications. What is unique about the wheels, however, is that they are allowed in a tuning prohibited room, wheras most other modifications are not. Some cars struggle to put down power and seemingly benefit from smaller wheels. Other cars can change balance and breakaway characteristics with track width changes from wider wheels and offset. Some get worse. For example, IMO the DB5 is a little more stable with aftermarket wheels. That introduced understeer at Brands Hatch in places the stock wheeled car did not experience, and as such I was a tenth or two slower in the car with aftermarket wheels. And some, apparently like the Mangusta, become undriveable.

Some cars the difference can be greater, but to answer the above question the difference is rarely more than a few tenths at most. In extremely unique situations there may be a little more time, but I've never personally experienced multiple seconds between wheels on a stock street car. I also haven't tested every car and every track or anywhere near that.

While in GT7 they did close a door with regards to brake bias in spec racing, but they did open a window with wheel options, and (I still need to test this but I have a hunch) roll cages. I just don't spend as much time driving as I used to, and spend pretty much zero time testing since I retired from competition a decade ago, so I haven't mastered all the little details. Back when I had more time and this place was a little more hoppin, these are exactly the types of things I used to go over when I would do a track walk in a practice room.

Practice together, share info. You'll all get quicker, faster.

I always run the wide wheel/offset for the looks not for performance but with BOP on and tuning prohibited I’m sure it doesn’t improve on track performance.

Short practice sessions during the week are the key !

Back