◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Didn't everyone get a 2011 prototype? I thought everyone was given this car by PD.

I thought the X2011 was a give away DLC.

Did I buy that thing?

Yes, I think they were gifted by PD a couple of times. The most recent was to commemorate Vettel's 2011 F1 championship.

However, anyone who didn't play GT5 when they were gifted (or is using a different PSN ID) is completely SOL.

Last edited:
Does detuning power count as a "modification" in GT5? The X2011 would be cool to race turned down to minimum power :) But as JoeW says, on a big open track.

If you're talking about the test track, I never bought it. I didn't figure it would ever get selected for SNAIL, and I don't play much otherwise.

Although I guess if you win kcheeb I may need to shell out the cash, lol.

The only way I would drive a X2011 would be at a big oval like indy, daytona etc. I imagine it would be fairly intense :)

I'll never pick it, it's fun for a buzz to take it out now and again, but I couldn't imagine 12 or so of us on track with it :lol:

Maybe rally needs to set up a C & M with it as the cat and a Datsun 210 or some such as the Mouse 👍

I'll never pick it, it's fun for a buzz to take it out now and again, but I couldn't imagine 12 or so of us on track with it :lol:

Maybe rally needs to set up a C & M with it as the cat and a Datsun 210 or some such as the Mouse 👍

It would be a hell of a draft battle on SSRX with the X201whatever. If you did C&M with it you might want change the name to Rockets and Rocks.

My favorite tracks for the x cars are Spa and Indy Road Course. Always full power or its not a Red Bull, it's a Red Steer.

Back when it was possible tez and I did a quasi-cat and mouse with the X2011 and a Kart. We just wanted to see how fast I could push him in the kart. As I remember, he was going pretty darned fast.

Back when it was possible tez and I did a quasi-cat and mouse with the X2011 and a Kart. We just wanted to see how fast I could push him in the kart. As I remember, he was going pretty darned fast.

I actually remember being in the lounge when you guys did that. It was after league night and I was working on the results post. I look over to the TV screen and see an X2011 pushing a go-kart! :lol:

Man, that was probably back in February or March. Good times. :cheers:

My favorite tracks for the x cars are Spa and Indy Road Course. Always full power or its not a Red Bull, it's a Red Steer.

:lol: I hope we get the new one that they have in Asia, with the bigger wings and no fan. That sounds more realistic, but still stupid-fast :D

I like stupid-fast. What I lack in track / racing knowledge I think I make up with reflexes - I don't know. Took me less than an hour and a half to gold all 3 Vettel races last time I tried on my second account.

I like stupid-fast. What I lack in track / racing knowledge I think I make up with reflexes - I don't know. Took me less than an hour and a half to gold all 3 Vettel races last time I tried on my second account.

:eek:

Geez, now I'm going to have to go back and try again. It took me hours to get through Suzuka, what a pain that was.

Not sure my reflexes will match up, but I know I'm a better driver now.

Stupid fast (with grip) is fun, F1 👍

I like the Lotus/Eiger - a car I enjoy and a track that I like as well. I struggle to find where to pass/cleanly - too many races vs. the AI and using cars as rub-rails when I first started my A-Spec stuff may have really worked me over here.

The 'jump' on North with the S2000 elicited a "Dad, What just happened???" from the son. When I explained that it was for next week's race, he made an unhappy face and said 'sorry...' to me.

We used to like to bang around in arcade mode, and I've now gotten my tween/teenager into the idea that hitting someone else in a car = bad. Win for me! (and for the insurance...). I know we'll do our best, but I also fear those moments of carnage. I plan on trying to find a way to laugh when I get smacked by someone who truly didn't mean it - grinding my teeth is apparently bad, says the dentist-lady-person.

Whatevs. Gonna have some fun, do my best, and try to get better. Hopefully GT5/Online gets less fluky and more fluid, and we have some fun, fast, and clean grids.

Handlebar
I like the Lotus/Eiger - a car I enjoy and a track that I like as well. I struggle to find where to pass/cleanly - too many races vs. the AI and using cars as rub-rails when I first started my A-Spec stuff may have really worked me over here.

The 'jump' on North with the S2000 elicited a "Dad, What just happened???" from the son. When I explained that it was for next week's race, he made an unhappy face and said 'sorry...' to me.

We used to like to bang around in arcade mode, and I've now gotten my tween/teenager into the idea that hitting someone else in a car = bad. Win for me! (and for the insurance...). I know we'll do our best, but I also fear those moments of carnage. I plan on trying to find a way to laugh when I get smacked by someone who truly didn't mean it - grinding my teeth is apparently bad, says the dentist-lady-person.

Whatevs. Gonna have some fun, do my best, and try to get better. Hopefully GT5/Online gets less fluky and more fluid, and we have some fun, fast, and clean grids.

Agree with you Handle, 2 hard tracks where passing is extremely difficult. Pole will be s double bonus.

Good progress with the 4th place finish :up:

Sounds similar to the vibe I had about it in the morning after trying the combo. We'll hope better heads prevail (about being inadvertently collected), but it's a tough one all the same. :nervous: I'm looking forward to try it tonight with others and see.

So I have a question as a newcomer having 3 Sunday's behind me.

What does everyone have against racing soft tires and driving aids?

I like the no tuning but I really think the racing would be better if everyone could be competitive. Aids if you need them or turn them off if your faster without. I could see were some new people would just bail on your league due to frustration.

I think it would add to the racing.

Only my opinion though.

Because it's totally unrealistic. I know GT5 is not the perfect sim, but why not try to make it as realistic as possible?

You can turn some aids on in D5. which ones exactly I'm not sure.

You can use:

Driving Line, Traction Control, ABS

Not-So-Much:

The other stuff

(That's the left side = no, right side = yes when setting up a room in a lounge, btw).

Look back a ways (both of the times we adjusted tire settings - late April(?) and July (?)) for other discussions - of which I sometimes asked, wondered, and sometimes I whined about some of those settings, and see the learned and/or reasoned, and/or the tightly held views of why SNAIL does these settings this way.

I have changed my view on some of the settings and ideas, and am 'flexible' on others. Other issues, I have my view, and I'm sticking to it like I stick to my guns.

=};-{D

The reasoning not capricious, it is with a reason. Whether you agree with all of them or not - get this many folks to agree on all of anything, and it's probably not something we do to enjoy and compete.

I admit, I do (tiny bit) better times with aids on, but I find the only aid that I've dithered with in D5 that helps me is the driving line, and that's mostly for the last few races when I'm getting sleepy and it's the "Dooh! Brake HERE... HERE!!!!" moments. I feel better when I finish without 'em - and the difference with and without is shrinking, and that's my prize. Seeing the guys ahead of me at the end of the race, that's a bonus, too.

TY for the compliment, btw. It's a 'good day' and that's a winner.

So I have a question as a newcomer having 3 Sunday's behind me.

I like the no tuning but I really think the racing would be better if everyone could be competitive. Aids if you need them or turn them off if your faster without. I could see were some new people would just bail on your league due to frustration.

I think it would add to the racing.

Only my opinion though.

I used to use aids before I started in this league but without them I find I have grown as a driver. I too have only been in SNAIL for a few weeks but I have enjoyed not relying on aids. ABS makes sense because it could get ugly without but your right foot (or finger) should be all the traction control you need. To expand on what Dabneyd said, when was the last time you saw a '69 vette with traction control?

Everyone is entiled to their own opinion though.

Last edited:
It is realistic. Just about every car on the road has some sort of anti skid, electronic stability control, traction control, LSD or something to make the cars drive better. Turning everything off is unrealistic.

Just my thoughts

eiger nordwand short track & lotus elise rm '96

Ohyes, because we haven't done any of the RM Lotii before. And it isn't like we don't already have two other racing cars in the line up, let's add a third. And the old Fairladies are available anytime. We need to hop on the Lotus while it is hot.

I can't make Sundays, but clearly I'm not missing anything.

^ No but Sundays miss you.

I know. You need someone to pull up the rear. :P

Once they back fill me and I can move into my new position at work, maybe then I'll be less stressed and can endure the soul crushing defeat that is Sunday nights.

Latest Posts

Back