◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
It seems that cars are chosen more on what the chooser thinks is cool, instead of what will produce close racing. I don't understand the track choices either; outside of Autumn Ring, I can't remember having any fun races at one of the imaginary courses. That being said, the winners are free to choose whatever car/track combo they wish. They should expect, and totally deserve, to be questioned/ridiculed/chastised for craptacular choices (R8 @ Trial Mountain).

I will race either way. I cheer choices I like, razz a few, and come to like some I did not expect to like.

I think the freedom to choose your thing is great. I hope that the winner chooses good racing combos, but it is not mandated.

Keep in mind that the way we do things now is a lot better then we used to do it. In the past, only the D1 winners got to choose the new cars and tracks. Now anyone has a chance. Furthermore, the guys who are scoring high enough to choose Prize A and Prize B are most likely winning their division and will therefore be promoted the next month. That means it'll be much more difficult for them to land a Prize A or Prize B pick, which in turns means that someone else who was never able to choose before now gets the opportunity to. 👍

Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes people like spices that you don't, but that's why we vote. ;)

Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes people like spices that you don't, but that's why we vote. ;)

We vote on what we don't like, but there's no voting on the upcoming combo. Look at the list of cars that we've chosen. About half of them were one and done. The track list looks much different; less than a third are one and done. It just seems that we have weeks on complaints and consternation when the high-powered cars are brought out, but close racing when something more reasonable is chosen. I think this week would have been more fun had the V8 version of the R8 been picked.

Anyway, I think that if you win, and your choice is a one and done, you don't get to pick a prize for the rest of the month. Picking a combo is a big choice affecting everyone in our (pretty large) group, and you should pick that combo with some thought about how the combo works with a room full of racers.

Since there are 3 cars and 3 tracks per week, you could always limit what is run on each track. For example:

Track 1 - low pp street car
Track 2 - med/high pp street car OR slower maybe lower PP RM/race car
Track 3 - faster RM or race car only

That way the entire spectrum of cars gets used each week. If you like street cars, you should be happy with the first track. If you like RMs or race cars you should be happy with the third track. If you're ok with either, you'll be happy all night.

Just like opinions, car and track choices will vary. I know I like looser cars then normal, and my two favorite tracks, ssr5 and Eiger are not snail favorites, but I love drift and rally racing. So my opinion on choices will rub wrong on people that are more into Alms and f1

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Close bumper to bumper racing from Sunday night in D2.

So what kind of combo do you guys want?? i dont like to choose something that we wont enjoy :D
I have no experience on choosing combos
Kuul,

Just try to find something that is fun to drive and a track that allows that car opportunities to pass. That sounds so easy of course it is not. You can always have a few ideas and ask people to join you in one of the lobbies to try out a few combos.

We could always mourn the loss of Suzuki Autos in the US by driving the Swift. I find that is a fun car. On a small track it will promote some good close racing.

Since there are 3 cars and 3 tracks per week, you could always limit what is run on each track. For example:

That way the entire spectrum of cars gets used each week. If you like street cars, you should be happy with the first track. If you like RMs or race cars you should be happy with the third track. If you're ok with either, you'll be happy all night.

I agree with Qwietstorm, This make totally good since. We have three races. So why not 3 different classes.

Track 1 - low pp - 450pp and lower
Track 2 - mid pp - 451pp to 550pp
Track 3 - high pp - 551pp and up

I'd rock it without complaint. I don't see the point in crying about a combo I didn't win the right to choose.

Suzuki left America? Huh, well, can't say I'll mourn that. They didn't make much in the way of cars. I assume they still sell bikes and the alike though, right?

I agree with Qwietstorm, This make totally good since. We have three races. So why not 3 different classes.

Track 1 - low pp - 450pp and lower
Track 2 - mid pp - 451pp to 550pp
Track 3 - high pp - 551pp and up

This has been discussed many times before and the general consensus is that it limits the opportunity for the winner to choose too much. The idea is that if you win the right to choose, you should be able to choose almost anything in the game. Doing something like this would fly directly in the face of that freedom.

I completely disagree–and always will–with limiting choices. If I win I don't want to be stuck in a certain window of PP that I have to choose from. Nobody else should be, either.

Those who want to run low PP cars just need to win and you can pick that. Everyone wants to have a hand in what the winner picks. I suppose you'd ask for a few bucks if there was a cash prize, too?

This has been discussed many times before and the general consensus is that it limits the opportunity for the winner to choose too much. The idea is that if you win the right to choose, you should be able to choose almost anything in the game. Doing something like this would fly directly in the face of that freedom.

Please further explain the statement in bold above. It is contradicting itself.

Nevermind...I got the explanation from Apmaddock's post above.

Since today is election day. Let's vote on it....lol

Personally, I enjoy the randomness and the variety of the selections. As someone really famous once said, "S.N.A.I.L. is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get!"

Wait, maybe I'm getting that quote confused with something else. :P

But in all seriousness, putting a required structure would not only severely limit what the prize winners get to choose, but it also reduces the excitement and surprise that comes with a new pick.

For example, we've had prize winners pick anything from go karts to pickup trucks in the past! I think that randomness is awesome because it challenges us to be able to drive anything and everything. Hopefully, someone will pick Formula GT cars the next time they're in the OCD. :dunce:

Personally, I enjoy the randomness and the variety of the selections. As someone really famous once said, "S.N.A.I.L. is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get!"

Wait, maybe I'm getting that quote confused with something else. :P

But in all seriousness, putting a required structure would not only severely limit what the prize winners get to choose, but it also reduces the excitement and surprise that comes with a new pick.

For example, we've had prize winners pick anything from go karts to pickup trucks in the past! I think that randomness is awesome because it challenges us to be able to drive anything and everything. Hopefully, someone will pick Formula GT cars the next time they're in the OCD. :dunce:

How would setting a PP limit change the randomness? Each PP range has a wide variety of choices. But I do see what you're saying about limiting what the winner gets to pick. 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

This is my 3rd month racing with you guys. I feel my racing has improved because of Snail. I love the series and the rules of the league. The stuarts do a good job and the races are ran to good quality. My first month was D4. Won that. My second month was D3. Won that. Now this is my third month and I'm in D2. I have never got to pick a car or a track. I like the idea of ONE and Done for the month. It gives everyone else a chance to pick a car and/or track. Not trying to step on any toes or whine about the way things are ran. Just suggesting ideas that might Improve the series....Thanks.

Pick what ever you want. If we like it we keep it and if we don't like it we vote it off. I always liked the Nissan 300ZX, or GT300 cars like Cusco Subaru.

Pick what ever you want. If we like it we keep it and if we don't like it we vote it off. I always liked the Nissan 300ZX, or GT300 cars like Cusco Subaru.

:drool: I've been looking at that Subaru for a while now. I would have picked it when I had my only chance if not for the fact that it would have replaced the NSX, which I felt was good enough to deserve a run at a different track.

Someday maybe :)

Rallywagon
Suzuki left America? Huh, well, can't say I'll mourn that. They didn't make much in the way of cars. I assume they still sell bikes and the alike though, right?

Yes, what happened is Suzuki America filed for bankruptcy. They will no longer sell cars, but will continue to focus on bikes and ATVs.

Yes, what happened is Suzuki America filed for bankruptcy. They will no longer sell cars, but will continue to focus on bikes and ATVs.

If Suzuki America had done some advertising and gotten their cars out to more of the automotive journalists, they might have succeeded. Everything I've read said that the Kizashi was as good or better than a Camry.

Isn't FGT above the credit limit set in the rules for cars?

It used to be, but not anymore. If anyone wants to see the current restrictions on what cars and tracks can be chosen, all they have to do is go to the lineup post and click on the results for the most recent races. In this case, it's the results from November 4th.

At the very bottom, I provide a lengthy section intended for the potential Prize A and Prize B winners to read before making their selection. If you read it thoroughly, you'll see the part about the new $5M limit. :)

Last edited:
Back