◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Glad your first S.N.A.I.L. experience went okay. Just imagine how much more fun it'd be if your cars were broken-in! ;)

Thanks :) Yeah, I still did well in the "Fastest first" races, best effort was setting pole and taking the win at Autumn Ring Reverse in the Elise RM. (how could you guys vote that off?!? It was the most fun combo of the night! :) )

The unbroken in car issue was a major factor coming out of low speed corners. I could never get a run on anyone there due to the difference in power across the rev range. This REALLY hurt me in the reverse grid races as it made overtaking slower cars in a "clean" fashion almost impossible. I chose to choose the better part of valor and settled for some dismal finishes in the reverse grid races. No surprise, the biggest difference I saw was in Mazda Atenza race at Daytona. I could barely keep up with people on the straights even if I was in their draft! I need to level up my bspec mode so I can have them break in the cars for me. Still, I was happy with my performance and had a lot of fun. Joey and 2nr were flying, and there are many other very talented drivers in D1, and I had good fun in most of the races. Next time I will bring broken in cars and battle it out with the guys for an overall win. :)

damn joey got 6 in the US round 8-5 rankings
I may be missing some but here goes

6 - Joeyfast
13 - Forcednduckshn
17 - Kingbestjr (Associate)
18 - Epicgonzago (Associate)
28 - GumballCGT
29 - Veloci_2nr
30 - Reude108
35 - Gatordaryl
47 - JazzVanWolfe (Associate)
71 - Hillracing
163 - Doodlemonoply
144 - dsgerbc
177 - carracerptp (Associate)
190 - ADR_Bronco

9 of the top 50
14 of the top 250. Not bad.

Outside the top 250
336 - OwensRacing
360 - Jobyone

Last edited:
I would really like to race some of the OCD cars too. P.S. congrats iroquois on prize c, and danger on prize a. Joeyfast, I don't think I've raced with you, but congrats too.

thanks zero i was very happy to finally finish on top for a week's racing. and i was very woozy after having less than 2 hours of sleep the night before. maybe i don't party enough on Saturday nights! no actually, i do

I may be missing some but here goes

6 - Joeyfast
13 - Forcednduckshn
17 - Kingbestjr (Associate)
18 - Epicgonzago (Associate)
28 - GumballCGT
29 - Veloci_2nr
30 - Reude108
35 - Gatordaryl
47 - JazzVanWolfe (Associate)
71 - Hillracing
163 - Doodlemonoply
144 - dsgerbc
177 - carracerptp (Associate)
190 - ADR_Bronco

9 of the top 50
14 of the top 250. Not bad.

Outside the top 250
360 - Jobyone

9229 - dabneyd :lol:

Am I allowed to pick a car that you cant change the color of?

Yes.

But please hold on. We've got several hours left before results even have a chance to be finalized…

Also, I'll be away this Sunday and all of next week. So, I won't be racing and I won't be available for anything stewardly after next week's races. Hopefully someone picks up the slack. ;)

Forced, I voted in hopes the car would stay and track be changed. Lotus that is. We been running that combo for a few weeks now. Hence why many were ready for it to be changed up.

Hoping for some real HP in a light weight oackage this week. ;)

Wonder what I ended up in the Acaedmy. Didn't invest nearly the time I wanted. Had this idea the Academy was a month long in Europe. Knowing I could t make that. I invested enough to be top 100 and stopped. However that was like a week before it was over. LoL I'm sure I was pushed waaaay back as people crunched to make the cut.

Next academy. I'm investing some time and will have no excuses outside I'm not fast enough. :)

We've also raced that Lotus about a dozen times in SNAIL (not consecutively, though.) It seemed to me like there are very few good places to pass on that track, as well. Therefore, I've voted for it for two weeks in a row.

Don't choose anything too awesome this week. I don't want to miss it. ;)

I won't be here next weekend either so an early good luck to everyone, lol

And you better take one of the S.N.A.I.L. shirts to Austin, zer0 :sly:

I won't be here next weekend either so an early good luck to everyone, lol

And you better take one of the S.N.A.I.L. shirts to Austin, zer0 :sly:

Oooo I'll be in Austin for the F1 race too! Who wants to meet up? :)

That said, please put me on the "temporarily not racing list" for thr future. I can't race this weekend but will probably shoot for an "every other weekend" kind of a showing for the remaining winter months.

Luck is what you make it. We all have bad days. You just need to keep a clear head and not let it get to you.

It is easy to say but hard to do in the heat of battle.

You said it, it wasnt my best day, i guess is maybe because i did my first real practice 1 or 2 hours before the race :sly:

Did anyone else feel like the lotus yesterday was slower than the rest of the weeks when we raced them?

Yes. We were talking about that in D1. It seems like the back end rotates a little more readily now. I think they changed the physics to be more like the newer Elise models.

Forced, I voted in hopes the car would stay and track be changed. Lotus that is. We been running that combo for a few weeks now. Hence why many were ready for it to be changed up.

Hoping for some real HP in a light weight oackage this week. ;)

Wonder what I ended up in the Acaedmy. Didn't invest nearly the time I wanted. Had this idea the Academy was a month long in Europe. Knowing I could t make that. I invested enough to be top 100 and stopped. However that was like a week before it was over. LoL I'm sure I was pushed waaaay back as people crunched to make the cut.

Next academy. I'm investing some time and will have no excuses outside I'm not fast enough. :)
It looks like you ended up 336:) I put in way too much time and will not likely bother next time. It was fun to see how I compared at the time but that was PS (pre-S.N.A.I.L.) for me and now I know that while I am fast I am not fast enough in the game to be one of the elite. Plus racing actual humans is more fun that hitting cones over and over and over and over again.

I spent as long is it took to get golds in all the events just to get the prizes ;) Probably 10mins each at the most.

I have no misplaced fantasies that they are going to hire a 45yr old race driver with two kids and a wife no matter how fast I am ;)

DIV 4 PIX

The Atenza resulted more fun than expected @ Daytona

SNAILNOV11065.jpg

SNAILNOV11064.jpg

SNAILNOV11061.jpg

Battle for 1st was close

SNAILNOV11060.jpg

But Battle for 3rd was closer!

SNAILNOV11063.jpg

SNAILNOV11059.jpg

SNAILNOV11058.jpg

SNAILNOV11057.jpg

SNAILNOV11055.jpg

SNAILNOV11056.jpg

SNAILNOV11053.jpg

Celebrating Memorial Day with MK48s at Autuum Ring

SNAILNOV11072.jpg

SNAILNOV11077.jpg

SNAILNOV11075.jpg

SNAILNOV11073.jpg

SNAILNOV11071.jpg

SNAILNOV11068.jpg

SNAILNOV11067.jpg

But Racing did Happened!

SNAILNOV11052.jpg

SNAILNOV11044.jpg

Topless @ Grand Valley Speedway

SNAILNOV11051.jpg

SNAILNOV11050.jpg

SNAILNOV11049.jpg

SNAILNOV11048.jpg

Mater makes his Debut at D4

SNAILNOV11047.jpg

SNAILNOV11046.jpg

SNAILNOV11042.jpg

SNAILNOV11009.jpg

SNAILNOV11011.jpg

I spent as long is it took to get golds in all the events just to get the prizes ;) Probably 10mins each at the most.

I have no misplaced fantasies that they are going to hire a 45yr old race driver with two kids and a wife no matter how fast I am ;)

LOL! Amen. I just didn't say it.

Sirhankysur
Im looking for someone to practice with, after yesterday I realized I need to step up my game I'll be in D5 if anyone wants to join me.

If you have not already Sind a friend request to D1. That is the lobby most people have access to and use for practice. Then just post like you have and if people are around they will hop in.

I've been contemplating going to a triple screen set up for a while and after seeing some of you do it and the setups some of you already have, well I had to pull the trigger.

I've only done a few laps, but I have to say, holy crap, new game :)

I kind of bodged the parts together to get the screens 'close' and it's not something I'll leave long term. Plans in the works for a rig from Fast Track Sims. All the guys I talked to in the Best Buys, Future Shops and Memory Expresses said you want a triple monitor stand for what? :lol:

8180555084_0d1231b9e5_m.jpg

I've been contemplating going to a triple screen set up for a while and after seeing some of you do it and the setups some of you already have, well I had to pull the trigger.

I've only done a few laps, but I have to say, holy crap, new game :)

I kind of bodged the parts together to get the screens 'close' and it's not something I'll leave long term. Plans in the works for a rig from Fast Track Sims. All the guys I talked to in the Best Buys, Future Shops and Memory Expresses said you want a triple monitor stand for what? :lol:

8180555084_0d1231b9e5_m.jpg
👍👍

zer05ive
Lookin' good, cheeb! Those screens look huge! Are they 30-inchers?!?

40", got em for a good price at Best Buy. Samsung LED, 1080P, reasonably small bezel, that was prjority one. Saw some Samsungs with barely any bezel at all, but $'s would not fit the budget :(

Drove a bit and actually experienced a little vertigo :lol:

Back