◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Hi guys! I bought a PS3 & GT5 the last weekend. I used to play LFS & rFactor but I wanna get a shot at GT5. I think this could be what I need to refine driving skill & refine it to the GT5 physics.
This is my join request.

Hey Torino,

Thanks for joining S.N.A.I.L. 👍 We race at 10:00 P.M. Eastern time, hopefully that works for you. I'll have the my steps done tomorrow :)

Please read the following:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L.
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The first post has all the rules and regulations for S.N.A.I.L. It is the first place you need to check if you have a question. If it's not answered there, feel free to post your question on the thread.

The second post has the current race lineup for Sunday and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Watching some of the replays in D3. Man, the racing was intense from throughout the grid! Awesome job, fellas! 👍

Watching some of the replays in D3. Man, the racing was intense from throughout the grid! Awesome job, fellas! 👍

I'm still awake because the racing tonight was so stressful(in a good way). I am loving the race I had with smiggz with the subaru on race 2. 👍:)👍

Here are the official results from our league night on November 18th, 2012

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. JoeyFast22 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 (scored 81 points)
  2. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. gatordaryl -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. SPEED14231234 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. albtifosi --------- did not submit a vote
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
  • Forcednduckshn ---- DNR
  • Nic-KL ------------ DNR
  • mrjones_80 -------- DNR
  • TSR_KOSMIC_CAN ---- DNR
  • SPOLTY ------------ DNR
  • ADR_BRONCO -------- DNR
Division 2
  1. wackylatino ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 Wins Prize C (scored 84 points)
  2. kendawg198 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. GTP_PaulMac ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Drrgreenthumb67 --- did not submit a vote
  9. BerdiyevA --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. racefan78 --------- did not submit a vote
  12. AJK-VAIL ---------- did not submit a vote
  • Whitey093 --------- DNR
  • DrKronin ---------- DNR
  • GTP_pilmat -------- DNR
  • Turbo91stdcivic --- DNR
  • Soren535 ---------- DNR
  • SPIDERMANLOL1 ----- DNR
  • A_Higher_Place ---- DNR
Division 3
  1. zer05ive ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 (scored 84 points)
  2. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. GTP_BeRandom ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. spooble ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. RAM_SAM ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Luv2Coach --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. NashNGW ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. dragonwhisky ------ did not submit a vote
  10. Maxime0911 -------- did not submit a vote
  • Astrias ----------- DNR
  • Apmaddock --------- DNR
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • moi_2212 ---------- DNR
  • NCemtB ------------ DNR
  • ravy1316 ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. lifesagamble420 --- voted to eliminate Round 3 Wins Prize A (scored 93 points)
  2. GTP_mike46an2 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. weaver-2009_ ------ did not submit a vote
  8. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. NateD29 ----------- did not submit a vote
  • GTP_SGPracing ----- DNR
  • Wolfsatz ---------- DNR
  • RidgelineDiv ------ DNR
  • Da_Panda_Bear ----- DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • jobyone ----------- DNR
  • ZohsixGT5 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • II-NOVA-II -------- DNR
  • donconater -------- DNR
  • sudmanster -------- DNR
Division 5
  1. zxxCOUNT210xxz ---- voted to eliminate Round 2 Wins Prize B (scored 85 points)
  2. Jfin07 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. iroquois-- -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. luckyluc93 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. cosasquez --------- did not submit a vote
  8. codeblue111 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. GranStand_Bill ---- did not submit a vote
  10. g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  • KuuKriine --------- DNR
  • Solbergg ---------- DNR
  • Sirhankysur ------- DNR
  • canuckleheadII ---- DNR
  • iceandspice ------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • DRaKeWiLD --------- DNR
  • the2armedmen ------ DNR
  • OUTLAW---666 ------ DNR
  • sunnypuff --------- DNR
  • jboy32 ------------ DNR
  • jrumley ----------- DNR
  • Priest8 ----------- DNR
  • TeNsE_PwNdZ ------- DNR
  • AyoManny1 --------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 3 - Ferrari California '08 @Grand Valley Speedway

This means it has been completely dropped from next week's line-up. Since lifesagamble420 wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 1 - Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI '10 @Road Course - Daytona

HOWEVER, because the track in Round 2 is a DLC and is not currently available on the PlayStation Store, it must be removed from the lineup. Since zxxCOUNT210xxz gets Prize B, he gets to decide which track replaces Motegi in Round 2. In other words, he needs to pick a track that will be paired with the Amuse S2000 R1 '04.

Price C goes to wackylatino so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
If any one needs more racing head to

1472-6118-3615-5260-9256

Quoting my self. Is that allowed? Had some great racing with gamble, goat, luv2coach ( when he could get in), danger and hopefully a new recruit in penguin:) we had one race where 1st to 3rd was separated by .053 seconds:) thats what I call close!! thanks guys

My vote is for 3. Time to change it up.

It's too bad my connection kept giving up because I was driving pretty well. I really hope the STI stays. It's a fun car with a few speed secrets that some people aren't picking up on.

My vote is for 3. Time to change it up.

It's too bad my connection kept giving up because I was driving pretty well. I really hope the STI stays. It's a fun car with a few speed secrets that some people aren't picking up on.
I agree. After the main event I was racing with Danger and Goat and I was running low 2:05's out in the lead with no draft. They were bump drafting and not gaining on me. I hit the zone. Of course they caught me on the last lap and I believe Goat beat me by .016:) Fun car. I am pretty sure it will stick around right Gamble:sly:

I agree. After the main event I was racing with Danger and Goat and I was running low 2:05's out in the lead with no draft. They were bump drafting and not gaining on me. I hit the zone. Of course they caught me on the last lap and I believe Goat beat me by .016:) Fun car. I am pretty sure it will stick around right Gamble:sly:

Even though i didnt vote at the races last night, i would of put of voted on combo 1, but then I realized I was on sports hard, so ill vote for combo 3

Hey Torino,

Thanks for joining S.N.A.I.L. 👍 We race at 10:00 P.M. Eastern time, hopefully that works for you. I'll have the my steps done tomorrow :)

Thanks! I already sent you the Laptime.
My country is GMT-03. What that time is at GMT?
Thanks for the help guys. 👍

Great hard racing in D1 tonight. I drove like poop but had a blast! Gumball and I were nose to tail in just about every race. Great racing Gumball! I need some rest so I'll see you guys later. Everyone have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!

Agreed! Good racing last night. We kept seeming to find each other on the track lol. Let's both try to keep it on the track next week and battle for the win like the last race ;)

Thanks! I already sent you the Laptime.
My country is GMT-03. What that time is at GMT?
Thanks for the help guys. 👍

Eastern Standard Time is -05 GMT, you would be racing at midnight.

S.N.A.I.L. October Good Racecraft Awards

Without further adieu or delay (sorry everyone for my tardiness), it's my pleasure to announce the winners of the October S.N.A.I.L. Good Racecraft award.

Nik-KL
Qwietstorm
spooble
ChuthuluGoat
iroquois--

Congratulations, you should all be proud as this accolade is voted on by the people you are trying to beat to the finish line (and a lot of times you did that too) :)

zer05ive will be contacting you all shortly for your dimensions :dopey:

@ the new guy, great racing last night. Glad you made it in.

That would be GTP_PaulMac and I concur. It usually takes a little while to settle in to the 'immediacy' of the 4 - 6 lap races, but it didn't take you long 👍

S.N.A.I.L. October Good Racecraft Awards

Without further adieu or delay (sorry everyone for my tardiness), it's my pleasure to announce the winners of the October S.N.A.I.L. Good Racecraft award.

Nik-KL
Qwietstorm
spooble
ChuthuluGoat
iroquois--

Congratulations, you should all be proud as this accolade is voted on by the people you are trying to beat to the finish line (and a lot of times you did that too) :)

zer05ive will be contacting you all shortly for your dimensions :dopey:

Great job you guys! Congratulations!

Even though i didnt vote at the races last night, i would of put of voted on combo 1, but then I realized I was on sports hard, so ill vote for combo 3

Okay, I've added your vote here. 👍

SNAILs,
dangerzone's vote further cements Round 3 as the round that got the most elimination votes last night (18 votes). The round that got the second most votes was Round 1 (15 votes). The round with the least amount of elimination votes was Round 2 (9 votes).

Round 2 is on Twin Ring Motegi, but unfortunately (as discussed last night), it has mysteriously disappeared from the PlayStation Store. It's not available via Gamestop either. So unless we can figure out how our members can download this track, I can't justify keeping it on the lineup.

Here's what I propose to do.. Instead of declaring Round 1 as getting the second most elimination votes and subject to be changed by Prize B, I think we should make Round 2 the round that is subject to the Prize B selection. Furthermore, due to this strange situation with Motegi, we should require that the Prize B winner pick a new track and not a new car. In a nutshell, I want to find a way to force Motegi out of the lineup until it's available to all. Thoughts?

Okay, I've added your vote here. 👍

SNAILs,
dangerzone's vote further cements Round 3 as the round that got the most elimination votes last night (18 votes). The round that got the second most votes was Round 1 (15 votes). The round with the least amount of elimination votes was Round 2 (9 votes).

Round 2 is on Twin Ring Motegi, but unfortunately (as discussed last night), it has mysteriously disappeared from the PlayStation Store. It's not available via Gamestop either. So unless we can figure out how our members can download this track, I can't justify keeping it on the lineup.

Here's what I propose to do.. Instead of declaring Round 1 as getting the second most elimination votes and subject to be changed by Prize B, I think we should make Round 2 the round that is subject to the Prize B selection. Furthermore, due to this strange situation with Motegi, we should require that the Prize B winner pick a new track and not a new car. In a nutshell, I want to find a way to force Motegi out of the lineup until it's available to all. Thoughts?
Why not let the prize C winner pick the new track or let Luv2Coach since he found the issue.

Back